Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been chatting with Pete Scheidle (who was discussed earlier in this thread and was on the DVC show for a little while). I've been trying to get him to come on and post. He said he's been following along with news but he doesn't really want to come back to the boards. I asked him if I could share this that he wrote to me:

"I just don't feel comfortable going back on there. My conflicts with Pete W were not of a severity of what's coming out from his employees, though he did treat me badly. But the part that really hurt me is he and the moderators actively worked to not just ban me from using the site but wipe me from existence there. I had made a lot of friends on the DISboards from 2007-2019 and was cut off, and it really hurt at the time. I know some folks have come back with accounts recently but I just don't see coming back and feeling like the Sword of Damocles is hanging over me waiting to fall. I have found a new Disney/DVC family and my focus is there."

I will say he's not hard to find. His website is also banned here so I won't try to mention that, but if you google Peter Scheidle you'll find where he podcasts and also his site. I know from talking to him, the dude only ever really wanted to help the community and wasn't in it for payday. From what he told me, He was never paid by the DIS and never asked to be.
Pete Scheidle was/is awesome. Nothing against anyone else, but at the time it felt like they finally had someone on the DVC show who had been an owner for longer than a minute that wasn't in the DVC honeymoon phase. It was someone that the rest of us could relate to because he had been around and knew what the hell he was talking about. Of course he was gone in an instant.

I agree. I have followed the podcasts and this forum a long time. The podcasts back from the near beginning. They did lose their diversification along the way. They desperately need a group dynamics like the original crew. All ages and with different perspectives on how and what to do in the parks. Not saying anyone on the show should leave, just maybe a way to add other voices.

By the way, I think those of us who were around a long time watching got to where we could tell when another team member was on good standing. It showed on their faces even when not directly being mocked.
I have often wondered about Steve. I never saw anyone picked on more than he was. The few times he was allowed to speak it sounded like he had some good perspectives, but would get mocked or shut down, and not always just by Pete. It was really sad to watch? Does anyone still have contact with him? Is he ok?;
Maybe they can bring the perspective of people who have young children. Deni kept trying to be a voice for that group but was always dismissed.

I think it’s fair to say Nobody will ever truly know what happened behind the curtain at the DIS. It will likely forever stay a mystery.
?
We’re not talking about events from ancient history. The people are still alive, you know.

Each person from the DIS may have a just piece of the puzzle but a picture (or a large portion of it) can and will see the light of day as the fear of retribution is removed and people feel safe to share.

?
We’re not talking about events from ancient history. The people are still alive, you know.

Each person from the DIS may have a just piece of the puzzle but a picture (or a large portion of it) can and will see the light of day as the fear of retribution is removed and people feel safe to share.
I applaud your optimism that people will come forward to paint the whole picture. I just don’t see it happening.

I think it is worth noting that of the staff that most directly dealt with Pete, the only long-timers were people who were hired with basically no professional experience elsewhere. Corey was a lifeguard. Ryno and Craig had been working in theme parks. They had no experience in what a healthy professional work environment should look like.

A lot of the others who came and went were also young and inexperienced, or in particularly vulnerable times in their lives. These are all hallmarks of an abuser. Clearly, the sexual assaults and rape are by far the most heinous parts of this situation, but it seems pretty clear that the rest of the team (certainly the content creators) were also victims of abuse.

Its a really dangerous thing to start painting victims as enablers. As Dustin said, we need to focus on supporting the victims and ensuring the monster who did this is held accountable.

I really do not have time to go thru 76 pages worth of comments. I was hoping someone could post a few links here.
Respectfully, if you don’t have time for the 76 pages here, you won’t have time for the several hundred posts there even if we were able to give you the link. The post on these boards will give you enough info to understand what’s going on though

I just found out about all of this in the past few hours. I have two cruises booked (Dec & Apr) and did receive an email yesterday from my current TA with DUT informing me my payments are with Disney directly and not with them; I did find this odd at the time. I now understand.

As a victim myself to SA as a very young child many years ago, my heart is absolutely heartbroken to all of those who have been victim to such a heinous act as this. It took my many years to get over the hurt and betrayal of what I experienced. My thoughts and prayers (wish I could do more) are with these individuals. :sad1:

Thank you to everyone I have been able to read enough to get the gist of what’s been going on. So unbelievable. I mean, this is a man who had everything that he could’ve ever wished for, and he totally abused that power. I don’t understand how he is not in jail without bond. He should be locked up for the rest of his miserable life. I hope that he gets everything that is coming to him as for dreams, unlimited travel, and those associated with that I think that that company needs to be totally dissolved, there is no way that I would ever give them any of my business. The absolute toxic atmosphere that existed is hard to comprehend. My heart goes out to everyone involved, and I pray that justice will be served in this case.

You would think that if a person had a lot of skeletons in their closet, they would lay low and not try to be seen so much. If I recall correctly, on one of the podcasts he said about someone else: "Oh, how the mighty have fallen!"
Chapek

Sean said the DU books $50 - $60 million per year. But that is not their net income. They get a % and that amount depends on if it’s a cruise or hotel vacation. It was between 10-20%.
So there is a lot at stake here.
I think PW has to be held accountable for at least the drugging and assault of Dustin in Hawaii. And something should be done to ensure that he does not repeat these acts on vulnerable men in the future. Like being registered as a sex offender or worse. My God sounds like he was also lurking at the prisons looking for a hot guy to sponsor for AA in addition to hiring guys to hit on at his company. What a vile and dangerous man. I hope he can be stopped.
I would love to see PW held accountable but that is truly up to the victims. They may not want to re-live it. The statute of limitations may have passed. That's even if you can get a DA to prosecute it after all this time. PW is currently receiving his comeuppance. I hope more can be done to hold him accountable, but I am not confident it can be.

I brought up Pete SCHEIDLE. Pete SCHEIDLE is awesome. I didn't actively engage with him but his content was unreal. He was the only person worth listening to on the DVC podcast. It would be 40 mins of how many points Pete WERNER has, then 15 of Pete SCHEIDLE giving content that was truly helpful. When he was cut out I was absolutely furious. I always sort of tolerated Pete WERNER and came for Ryno and Craig content, but when that happened I knew immediately (and it was discussed here and on Twitter) that they did him dirty.

Pete scheidle is awesome and is my goto guy for all random dvc questions, glad I can talk to him outside these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter