Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are unaware, go search the other forum for that story Sean shared about t shirt sizes. It’s unrelated to the SA topic and is absolutely hilarious. It’s also a key stamp that Sean is Sean.
I did read that, and was wondering if anything would pick up on that aspect of my reply. :laughing:

I did read that, and was wondering if anything would pick up on that aspect of my reply. :laughing:
I got it. It also had shades of the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal. I thought it was funny. However, I don’t think what happened here or in the Clinton case was funny. I’m not say that you were being dismissive or making fun of the horrible parts.

100%? I’m not one to blindly believe allegations without some larger form of proof.
Well, the nearly $900K in AMEX debt from a corporate credit card that the rest of the “corporate” did not approve is 100% true. Look up the lawsuit in the Orange County Clerk of Courts records. And maybe read the posts by his victims, it’s not made up. Pete is a narcissist vile human being, glad he’s finally been exposed as the worthless human being he is.

PW was obviously a difficult person to work with and likely rubbed many people the wrong way. That being said, people can make up a lot of stuff when they have an axe to burn. That’s not to discredit any claims of misconduct, but rather to presume innocence before chastising someone.

What would any of the men coming forward gain from this? When a criminal SA case is prosecuted victims get very little except perhaps closure and that is if they win. I detailed my own experience and I'm actually out thousands of dollars even though I was promised the state would take care of my mental health bills through a victim services fund. The only thing I've seen was the $30 for the tank of gas I used for sentencing day since my perpetrator plead guilty. That didn't cover the fact I had to go to the DAs office multiple times during the pretrial phase or the emotional toll of having to close ranks to only a few individuals for the 2 years the case was slowly going through the courts. I had to be available at any moment in case the judge sent us to trial but mostly they let him delay for the longest possible.

Seams like Sean and Dustin are in good places in life. Going public literally gets them nothing.

I got it. It also had shades of the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal. I thought it was funny. However, I don’t think what happened here or in the Clinton case was funny. I’m not say that you were being dismissive or making fun of the horrible parts.
It was a reply to someone's needing evidence. But you knew that too, I gather.

This was all being discussed on the other forum for months. The other forum is a literal cesspool lol. Most people who post there are sociopaths, so anything you read there should be viewed through that lens. It is literally people who make fun of grown men who spend all day talking about theme parks, but they spend all day talking about grown men who talk about theme parks all day. Oh and they get no money for it they just have nothing better to do.

It isnt obvious that Pete resigned because of anything other than this amex lawsuit. I read the court filings a couple of months ago and in the DU defence the basically claim they had no knowledge that Pete had the card and was running up these charges. Not a defence that seems that strong, but clearly there is a huge conflict of interest there which makes it nearly impossible to maintain any relationship between DU and Pete.

I have no idea what Pete or any of the people involved are like or what is true, it just sounds like a very sad situation all around. Once Pete went to rehab something seemed very off. also he may have paid for the rehab with the Amex; how tf do you spend $800k on a credit card? Also, how does amex not pull the plug on the card once you spend like $200k without making a payment? Insanity.

I have not posted on here for years, but have followed the Dis Unplugged and the Moving to Orlando youtube channels forever. I am happy to see that this thread has been allowed for all of the fans to vent, to discuss, to mourn, and to be incredibly, incredibly angry. My heart goes out to the victims and I am beyond grateful that they shared their heartbreaking truth (even if it is on a site I find incredibly mean spirited). I hope those that work for this company meditate upon what went down and ensure that actions like this never happen again.

"It is not only what we what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are accountable" - Moliere

It isnt obvious that Pete resigned because of anything other than this amex lawsuit.
Stop it. Yes it is obvious. The alternative is that Dustin and Sean were lurking in the shadows for months posting little breadcrumbs they hoped would eventually see the light of day and that every other team member who has came forward with their own stories of abuse are lying. Can we please use some critical thinking here. There are tons text messages that corroborate almost everything. You are contributing to a culture that makes it so victims stay quiet.

Last edited:
Stop it. Yes it is obvious. The alternative is that Dustin and Sean were lurking in the shadows for months posting little breadcrumbs they hoped would eventually see the light of day and that every other team member who has came forward with their own stories of abuse are lying. Can we please use some critical thinking here. There are tons text messages that corroborate almost everything.
It almost makes me wonder if these people are trolling. Unbelievable. Thank you for responding. I was so angry i didnt know what to say.

It almost makes me wonder if these people are trolling. Unbelievable. Thank you for responding. I was so angry i didnt know what to say.
There's been a few people in this thread doing the whole "until there's proof it's all just allegations" routine. I said something similar to another one of them. I'm sick of people being willfully ignorant.

Stop it. Yes it is obvious. The alternative is that Dustin and Sean were lurking in the shadows for months posting little breadcrumbs they hoped would eventually see the light of day and that every other team member who has came forward with their own stories of abuse are lying. Can we please use some critical thinking here. There are tons text messages that corroborate almost everything.
Critical thinking lol. Lurking allegations for years...nothing happens. Massive lawsuit threatening the company's future, couple months later he resigns. Yeah probably had nothing to do with the lawsuit.

Allegations are just that. It doesn't mean they aren't true but this is not the first time these types of things have come to light regarding Pete. The reality is the business is seriously threatened; a $900k bill they are on the hook for could implode the business and clearly Pete is a massive liability. Maybe the allegations played a role, but clearly whether these allegations were there or not, Pete needed to go on the basis of this Amex lawsuit alone. So just relax, you can continue to have your opinion, whatever that is. Lol.

PW was obviously a difficult person to work with and likely rubbed many people the wrong way.
Yes, without consent.

If you are unaware, go search the other forum for that story Sean shared about t shirt sizes. It’s unrelated to the SA topic and is absolutely hilarious. It’s also a key stamp that Sean is Sean.
Reminds me of my mother in law. She would only buy jeans at a specific store because she claimed she was a size 6

This was all being discussed on the other forum for months. The other forum is a literal cesspool lol. Most people who post there are sociopaths, so anything you read there should be viewed through that lens. It is literally people who make fun of grown men who spend all day talking about theme parks, but they spend all day talking about grown men who talk about theme parks all day. Oh and they get no money for it they just have nothing better to do.

It isnt obvious that Pete resigned because of anything other than this amex lawsuit. I read the court filings a couple of months ago and in the DU defence the basically claim they had no knowledge that Pete had the card and was running up these charges. Not a defence that seems that strong, but clearly there is a huge conflict of interest there which makes it nearly impossible to maintain any relationship between DU and Pete.

I have no idea what Pete or any of the people involved are like or what is true, it just sounds like a very sad situation all around. Once Pete went to rehab something seemed very off. also he may have paid for the rehab with the Amex; how tf do you spend $800k on a credit card? Also, how does amex not pull the plug on the card once you spend like $200k without making a payment? Insanity.
If he resigned only because of the AmEx lawsuit his actions would have been limited to Dreams Unlimited. He also has stepped down from The DIS which he solely owned without so much as making a public statement. If you have followed Pete for any length of time, you should know his silence speaks volumes (when has he EVER had nothing to say?)

It’s not uncommon at all for companies with big gross revenue to run up huge monthly balances in the millions over the course of a month for expenses. It is unusual for companies this size to carry the balance at a huge interest rate since late February. That’s when the big red flag began to fly.

Sad situation all around.

Critical thinking lol. Lurking allegations for years...nothing happens. Massive lawsuit threatening the company's future, couple months later he resigns. Yeah probably had nothing to do with the lawsuit.

Allegations are just that. It doesn't mean they aren't true but this is not the first time these types of things have come to light regarding Pete. The reality is the business is seriously threatened; a $900k bill they are on the hook for could implode the business and clearly Pete is a massive liability. Maybe the allegations played a role, but clearly whether these allegations were there or not, Pete needed to go on the basis of this Amex lawsuit alone. So just relax, you can continue to have your opinion, whatever that is. Lol.
I'm not getting into any more of a debate here, but the Amex lawsuit was filed in March. So clearly no one at Dreams thought Pete was much of a liability for the last four months. Nothing happened until the SA allegations hit critical mass and leaked out of the other forum and onto here, Facebook, and Instagram. Let's just call a spade a spade.

Last edited:
Exactly..... there never was some huge Scrooge McDuck pile of cash that Werner was sitting on. Add to that his opulent lifestyle and big spending habits, and it is not surprising he ends up owing amex nearly 1 million dollars...
True, he’ll likely be paying that back for the rest of his life. He was obviously living quite a bit above his means.

It’s not uncommon at all for companies with big gross revenue to run up huge monthly balances in the millions over the course of a month for expenses. It is unusual for companies this size to carry the balance at a huge interest rate since late February. That’s when the big red flag began to fly.

Sad situation all around.
True, I do about $100k a month on my business credit cards on inventory (anything that isn’t NET30, general expenses and supplies), but of course carrying balances on revolving accounts can wreck a business. I hope this debt can be repaid for the sake of all parties.

I'm not getting into any more of a debate here, but the Amex lawsuit was filed in March. So clearly no one at Dreams thought Pete was much of a liability for the last four months. Nothing happened until the SA allegations hit critical mass and leaked out of the other forum and onto here, Facebook, and Instagram. Let's just call a spade a spade.
Well allegations like that are particularly troubling, despite being just allegations at this time. Couple that with the AMEX debt and there was no way he could be the face of the company anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter