Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is ridiculously expensive these days to get these services from hotels... even for regular A/V for a business meeting, the costs have skyrocketed in the last couple years. So yes, trying to live stream - in addition to the current situation making that unwise from a business perspective - is also likely cost-prohibitive to an already expensive to pull off event.
Yeah, it does get expensive. I was running conventions through 2017 and wireless was pretty expensive for downloading in meeting rooms and you are lucky to get 1 Meg of download speed. I can only imagine the cost these days to get a connection to upload a video stream.

I can't wait to take photos of empty walkways

By the way...I am now on page 26 of this thread trying to catch up. I JUST heard about this today.
We are leaving for Disney next weekend. I shall try to report back on sidewalk crowds. We last visited in May and everything including Rise was walk on. Something I haven't seen since the early 2000s.

The main thing is Pete's health and we all are cheering him on. I did not go into the drama nor will investigate.....this board, podcast, youtube channel has made me an educated Disney consumer and I am grateful.
The main thing is Pete's health? What are you talking about? The main thing is making sure people who were victimized are taken care of and ensuring that Pete's announced departure and divestment are followed through on so that he can no longer be in a position of power over anyone else.

You value being an educated Disney consumer, but not an educated podcast consumer. Be consistent. Knowing what happened here isn't glorifying drama, it's ensuring that you're supporting something that isn't led by someone who may be abusive. When someone alleges something, it's not a bad thing to look into it. We absolutely should take such things seriously. All of this would have never happened if people felt that they could safely speak truth instead of it being deleted here as drama. If drama keeps people from being assaulted, sign us all up for drama classes.

I have read most of the comments on the other site and here over the last few days. I used to listen to the podcast in the pre-YouTube days, and still occasionally watch videos. Although, it was to the point that if Pete was in a video I would usually turn it off due to his overbearing personality and the way he would talk over others.

I used to watch the show when Dustin was on, and rewatched Dustin’s final episode. The comments at the end from Pete hit differently now, to the point where I feel ill after watching it.

I hope that at some point in the future Corey and John will address what changes have been made to ensure a safe workplace going forward for all employees.

https://www.youtube.com/live/oP3_kW8nRQU?feature=share

I do hope he gets the mental health support he needs to prevent this from happening to others. I don’t wish him ill will, but I would definitely consider spitting in his direction if I saw him in public.
It's not an excuse for his behavior, or an attempt to let him off the hook, but people who do such things have also, more often than not, been past abuse victims.

@soniam Not quoting as you may want to delete. Be careful what you write as you don’t know who is watching these threads. I don’t want 👮‍♀️ knocking at your door!

Last edited:
The main thing is Pete's health and we all are cheering him on. I did not go into the drama nor will investigate.....
Uh, yeah. And I am really looking forward to Harvey Weinstein's next movie; the re-boot of the Bill Cosby show; the return of Jared as the Subway spokesperson; and of the next time the investment window opens with Madoff Investments. My refusal to do any research will make all of these things oh so much fun!

Did Dreams Inc stop paying on Pete's cards as they disagreed with how he was spending? It seems like a focused effort not to even pay the minimum, they must know how this affects the company and Pete of all people knows the dangers of runaway credit card debt (Sean mentioned he helped him out of it) and even if Pete didn't care and relapsed, he didn't bother to pay the minimum just to keep the tab going?
Did you see what the minimum is? LOL

@Jangles Should we be afraid of who is “watching” this thread? Maybe I misunderstood your comment but I don’t understand what @soniam should be worried about?
maybe in the U.K. it’s different, but ‘threatening’, even in a humorous way to spit on someone on an Internet forum is classed as a crime, and you may get a visit from 👮‍♀️.

Okay...I've been out of the loop for a while and not really following the boards much (for multiple reasons) but I had no clue Josh passed. In a joking but serious manner..I will definitely enjoy some food atop a garbage can in his honor next month at F&W
Check link in my signature, LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter