Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article did get one thing wrong I noticed, Sean doesn't own any of MTO at this point. His husband, not sure his name, bought out his part of it. Sean does his own thing in real estate now.
That's because the wiki on the other site (where they got most of the info for their article) states Sean is a part-owner in MTO (which is incorrect). I can't register for the other site, so I can't speak up to point that out. But I'm surprised no one over these has picked up on that.

Also why these pseudo news sites should be using primary sources for their stories, instead of secondary sources. (Yeah yeah, I know, they're not legitimate news sites and they're more worried about clicks than accuracy. I'm already mad at them [see my rant a few posts up] so I just felt like piling on, lol).

I must say, I am not a fan how much our society has made people that they need to accept blame and responsibility for the discretions and failures of others. I am all for and fully support the path towards continual self improvement but I hate this would make Steve feel foolish.
Silence is violence
Do I think Steve is responsible for others’ actions? NOPE, but if you see “red flags” and don’t speak up it’s wrong. Not criminal but morally. Of course everyone’s moral compass is different.

Silence is violence
Do I think Steve is responsible for others’ actions? NOPE, but if you see “red flags” and don’t speak up it’s wrong. Not criminal but morally. Of course everyone’s moral compass is different.

While true, did you get a chance to watch Ryno's live where he talks about his regrets? He was so sad when everything fell into place now that he knew the truth. The apparatus and environment was so well constructed and strong that the secrets seems compartmentalized. Ryno is a pillar of the show imho, he has tried different projects, has been there a long time, co hosted the show, and seem very passionate about his work. He seemed to be learning other people's jobs and while some of his political stuff might throw people off, there is no doubt he loves Disney and wants to share that with us on screen.

Yet he almost realizes in this moment that he is a "bottom rung" employee and I felt sad for him. All the work he does over the years with all the people and he had all this hidden from him that only being told the truth does what did not make sense or seem ordinary before now makes sense. Steve (no disrespect) is similar if not at a lower pay scale then Ryno and he would know even less.

While true, did you get a chance to watch Ryno's live where he talks about his regrets? He was so sad when everything fell into place now that he knew the truth. The apparatus and environment was so well constructed and strong that the secrets seems compartmentalized. Ryno is a pillar of the show imho, he has tried different projects, has been there a long time, co hosted the show, and seem very passionate about his work. He seemed to be learning other people's jobs and while some of his political stuff might throw people off, there is no doubt he loves Disney and wants to share that with us on screen.

Yet he almost realizes in this moment that he is a "bottom rung" employee and I felt sad for him. All the work he does over the years with all the people and he had all this hidden from him that only being told the truth does what did not make sense or seem ordinary before now makes sense. Steve (no disrespect) is similar if not at a lower pay scale then Ryno and he would know even less.
I have, in fact, watched one of his recent videos. I can’t speak to his influence on the dis unplugged podcast because I unplugged a long time ago. I did watch the posted video that my comment was in relation to.
Like I said everyone’s moral compass is different. I’m not angry at anyone but the criminal. But people are responsible for ignoring their gut, red flags, uncomfortableness during conversations…I don’t want anyone to be miserable. But if someone is having negative feelings or regret that they didn’t ask more questions or say something to someone, then that’s on them.

That's because the wiki on the other site (where they got most of the info for their article) states Sean is a part-owner in MTO (which is incorrect). I can't register for the other site, so I can't speak up to point that out. But I'm surprised no one over these has picked up on that.

Also why these pseudo news sites should be using primary sources for their stories, instead of secondary sources. (Yeah yeah, I know, they're not legitimate news sites and they're more worried about clicks than accuracy. I'm already mad at them [see my rant a few posts up] so I just felt like piling on, lol).
I’m just waiting to see what kind of blowback this gets if any.

As a survivor of sexual abuse/rape (once as a kid and once in college), I know first hand how the gentleman are feeling. I have also seen first hand what happens to the abusers. I have spoken at rape survivor meetings to tell my story. Even though these two events happened a while ago, it is still very hard to tell my story. However, I know that every time I tell my story it does help other survivors get through it. Sean, Dustin or anyone that this has happened to, stay strong. Keeping telling your stories. And Absolutely know that YOU DID NOTHING WRONG. You have a friend and ear with me.
To quote a song from LG that is near to my heart “Til it happens to you, you don't know
How it feels.”

As a survivor of sexual abuse/rape (once as a kid and once in college), I know first hand how the gentleman are feeling. I have also seen first hand what happens to the abusers. I have spoken at rape survivor meetings to tell my story. Even though these two events happened a while ago, it is still very hard to tell my story. However, I know that every time I tell my story it does help other survivors get through it. Sean, Dustin or anyone that this has happened to, stay strong. Keeping telling your stories. And Absolutely know that YOU DID NOTHING WRONG. You have a friend and ear with me.
To quote a song from LG that is near to my heart “Til it happens to you, you don't know
How it feels.”
Thank you for sharing....

I had definitely lost my appetite for the shows over the years due to Pete's behavior. You could just feel how toxic he was. No one else could have an opinion. He sucked the air out of the room. And the constant bragging about his money, all of the lavish trips, he goes on cruises just to gamble and hang out in the spa, money is no object to him, etc. He was trying too hard to convince everyone how rich he was. I couldn't stomach it anymore. He's a narcissist and it came across loud and clear. It was no wonder people were coming and going so much.

As all things I guess it depends on your interpretation. Did you watch the video? It felt gross to me. Something only a man could have said and no one feels the need to say…that seems inappropriate…
View attachment 782924
Yes, I saw the video and heard the comment and while I can agree I felt it was gross I don’t see what that has to do with misogyny.

I’m not sure how else to interpret misogyny other than it’s definition but I don’t even see how this involved a woman?

Seriously, did I miss something?

Silence is violence
This mentality is exactly my point. I hate what’s it’s done to our society

Yes, I saw the video and heard the comment and while I can agree I felt it was gross I don’t see what that has to do with misogyny.

I’m not sure how else to interpret misogyny other than it’s definition but I don’t even see how this involved a woman?

Seriously, did I miss something?
Honestly I am not sure what you don't understand? Are you triggered? It was a statement that ONLY a man could have said without getting any comments or questions from the other individuals that were there during said comment. Does the word biased feel better?
Anyway....I agree to disagree ☺️

Honestly I am not sure what you don't understand? Are you triggered? It was a statement that ONLY a man could have said without getting any comments or questions from the other individuals that were there during said comment. Does the word biased feel better?
Anyway....I agree to disagree ☺️
I don’t understand how misogyny fits?.? What does that comment have to do with women?
Are you saying it was misogynistic because it offended you?

I’m not trying to agree or disagree necessarily, I’m trying to understand .

Now, insinuating Steve chose violence with silence I whole heartedly disagree with, this it’s ludicrous and reckless but that’s another issue.

I don’t understand how misogyny fits?.? What does that comment have to do with women?
Are you saying it was misogynistic because it offended you?

I’m not trying to agree or disagree necessarily, I’m trying to understand .

Now, insinuating Steve chose violence with silence I whole heartedly disagree with, this it’s ludicrous and reckless but that’s another issue.
It is okay that you don't understand. I understand that you cannot understand. I have explained myself fully. We are on a message board and the fact we don't agree is okay. We are not important to each other. We don't really know each other. You are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours. Carry on....

Silence is violence
Your quippy rhyme only applies when someone KNOWS about harm happening and does nothing. Seeing red flags or feeling something is off is NOT the same as knowing for certain and being complacent, enabling, or covering up. Your moral compass isn’t better or working more perfectly than others’.

The crew report they have experienced a toxic environment (bullying, self-centered attitudes, etc.) Other than Charles, no one (that we know of) suspected people were being pressured into sexual relationships or being sexual assaulted. Those things are kept very well-hidden by narcissist abusers and the few who directly know often don’t feel safe to tell anyone.

Your “moral compass” may tell you what you think you would do if you were in an unknowing bystander’s place, but you don’t.

The people on the show have the talent to spin off on their own. The main thing is Pete's health and we all are cheering him on. I did not go into the drama nor will investigate.....this board, podcast, youtube channel has made me an educated Disney consumer and I am grateful.

This is going on in all message boards and social media , not just Disney, as viewers are turning away from Youtube and discussions boards and people in their 30's, 40's and 50's are turning to TIK TOK now.
I don’t think too many people really care about Pete’s health at the moment and for sure are not cheering him on! I’m more concerned about Dustin and Sean’s mental health. Pete can go pound sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter