Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is okay that you don't understand. I understand that you cannot understand. I have explained myself fully. We are on a message board and the fact we don't agree is okay. We are not important to each other. We don't really know each other. You are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours. Carry on....
So, in other words, you accept no accountability, got it. While his comments were lewd, they have nothing to do with misogyny or prejudices against women.

Seeing red flags or feeling something is off is NOT the same as knowing for certain and being complacent, enabling, or covering up. Your moral compass isn’t better or working more perfectly than others’.

Exactly...that's an incredibly high horse to sit on.

Another Duffy fan. I love that bear and his friends. I was glad we got to see him one last time at Epcot. He's super popular overseas.
my daughter (college age) and I are still big Duffy fans. She has Duffy and Shelly Mae and all their outfits! Collecting their outfits and taking them along to the parks was a big part of her visits growing up.

Your quippy rhyme only applies when someone KNOWS about harm happening and does nothing. Seeing red flags or feeling something is off is NOT the same as knowing for certain and being complacent, enabling, or covering up. Your moral compass isn’t better or working more perfectly than others’.

The crew report they have experienced a toxic environment (bullying, self-centered attitudes, etc.) Other than Charles, no one (that we know of) suspected people were being pressured into sexual relationships or being sexual assaulted. Those things are kept very well-hidden by narcissist abusers and the few who directly know often don’t feel safe to tell anyone.

Your “moral compass” may tell you what you think you would do if you were in an unknowing bystander’s place, but you don’t.
Wow. No judgment on your part at all.
You don't know me and I don't know you. I made no assertion that my moral compass was better or worse than anyone's just that everyone's moral compass is different.
I do enjoy your use of the word "quippy"-the word isn't used enough!
Please do not assume to explain to me what I may or may not know about being a bystander or a victim or a female or a gay female or a mother of special needs children. You're right about one thing I do KNOW what I would do because I am me and you are not. You are you. Someone who wants to argue that my opinion isn't valid because you don't like it.
Why people want to argue so badly in these forums is bonkers to me? I won't apologize for my opinions and I don't expect you to either.

So, in other words, you accept no accountability, got it. While his comments were lewd, they have nothing to do with misogyny or prejudices against women.

Exactly...that's an incredibly high horse to sit on.
Dude I'm out. I made that clear. I don't like horses but I will sit on the shoulders of my cats.

I don’t think too many people really care about Pete’s health
Call me insensitive or what not, but I definitely still do. He is flesh and bone and still human. If/when he chooses to speak whether its to deny, apologize, or tell his side, I will listen with an open mind. He is human as I am, we have but one life to live and whatever terrible things he did I do not wish ill on his health or family. His alleged acts were heinous yes, but he deserves to be heard and have good health.

I am not ashamed to admit I enjoyed his shows and rants (sure I look the shows with a different light now) but at that moment, Pete helped me plan my trip, he told me to avoid Tony's and I did. I may be accused of being one his die hard fans, but at that moment I was. Things have since changed but some fact remains the same, Pete is human and I do not wish him any bodily harm. He has talked about his sobriety, drug addiction, and other vices in the past, I wish that he still keeps the progress he already made and improve on that.

Flame suit on!

I'll spit on YOU for even suggesting such!

What's that make me? Huh? Say it. Say it! :-)

I'm going to spit on everyone in here for making me now follow TWO different message board threads on two different sites.
Haven’t we established that spitting (even suggesting so online) is battery?
I agree it’s a lot to keep up with! 😊🤣

Call me insensitive or what not, but I definitely still do. He is flesh and bone and still human. If/when he chooses to speak whether its to deny, apologize, or tell his side, I will listen with an open mind. He is human as I am, we have but one life to live and whatever terrible things he did I do not wish ill on his health or family. His alleged acts were heinous yes, but he deserves to be heard and have good health.

I am not ashamed to admit I enjoyed his shows and rants (sure I look the shows with a different light now) but at that moment, Pete helped me plan my trip, he told me to avoid Tony's and I did. I may be accused of being one his die hard fans, but at that moment I was. Things have since changed but some fact remains the same, Pete is human and I do not wish him any bodily harm. He has talked about his sobriety, drug addiction, and other vices in the past, I wish that he still keeps the progress he already made and improve on that.

Flame suit on!
Do I care about Pete's health? No
Am I rooting for Pete? No way Jose
Do I wish bodily harm on Pete? Also no

I will say in most situations I try to give the benefit of the doubt and keep an open mind. At times I like to play devil's advocate. However, given all that we've heard/read, from so many different people, with corroboration, etc., I really don't know what Pete could say at this point to make me change my mind about him. I am not a person that believes in wishing bodily harm or ill will on others, so I personally wouldn't take it that far. I know others feel differently and that's fine, that's just my personal approach. But that doesn't mean that I'm rooting for Pete, or that I even care about his health. The only thing I care about regarding him is that he is made to pay for all the damage he's done.

Pete seems to exhibit the dark triad personality trait. Machiavellianism, sub-clinical narcissism, and sub-clinical psychopathy. You have to distance yourself from these people at all costs.

Unfortunately, his charisma draws unsuspecting people in. If they have never dealt with anyone like that, they may not be able to see the signs in time :(

I have, in fact, watched one of his recent videos. I can’t speak to his influence on the dis unplugged podcast because I unplugged a long time ago. I did watch the posted video that my comment was in relation to.
Like I said everyone’s moral compass is different. I’m not angry at anyone but the criminal. But people are responsible for ignoring their gut, red flags, uncomfortableness during conversations…I don’t want anyone to be miserable. But if someone is having negative feelings or regret that they didn’t ask more questions or say something to someone, then that’s on them.
Keep in mind the power differential here. The boss is the one who is the problem - toxic, abusive, gaslighting… and you’re a relatively young person living paycheck to paycheck… many of these people went to Disney CM roles after college and then here. They don’t have the benefit of working in other professional settings where those red flags might be more obvious. There’s not an HR rep or some other objective party to go to because you know the owners have been friends for many years.

I just think it is an incredibly difficult situation to be in and internet strangers piling on guilt instead of showing grace does nothing to help.

Hey everybody, I'm just now finding out what's going on. I'm still trying to process because like everybody else, I've been a loyal fan of Pete & the DIS Team for years. And what Pete did to his employees, Dustin especially, is abhorrent to say the least. Where's Dustin's original post about his experiences with Pete? What page? Can somebody link it please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter