Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed Charles when he was part of the Dis. Very sad if what Sean says is true about how Charles treated he and others. However, none of that is really any of my business, so I can go forward and like both of them, and miss them both.

I'm curious how many fans here have met Pete or hung out with him? What was your reaction to all of this news after meeting him, not just watching him on a podcast?

We did spend a week with him on our ABD trip in 2011. He was so joyful and kind and really in the Disney spirit. But I know now, it was all an act.

My first thought was disbelief. Until I started reading more. And then my thought was my kid and was really angry that I let him hang around her. And then I thought of Teresa, Kathy & Tracey who were on our trip and just felt sadness. And then I sent a few texts to others. Now I'm just disgusted and want to do whatever I can to help.

I'm curious how many fans here have met Pete or hung out with him? What was your reaction to all of this news after meeting him, not just watching him on a podcast?
Honestly, not very surprised. I attended this man’s wedding and have been in his home a few times. I was on an ABD with him. I spent time with him both in and out of the parks for meetings and events. We’ve gone to dinner several times in FL, CA, PA, and NJ. As crushing as this entire situation is, I’m just not very surprised. I never in my life would have expected SA, but as I’ve sat here for weeks analyzing our interactions and what I’ve observed of those he’s had with others, there were so many red flags. It’s heartbreaking.

We did spend a week with him on our ABD trip in 2011. He was so joyful and kind and really in the Disney spirit. But I know now, it was all an act.

My first thought was disbelief. Until I started reading more. And then my thought was my kid and was really angry that I let him hang around her. And then I thought of Teresa, Kathy & Tracey who were on our trip and just felt sadness. And then I sent a few texts to others. Now I'm just disgusted and want to do whatever I can to help.

I had a 5 minute conversation with Pete during the last hour of the auction at DisCon 2019. I wouldn't say he gave me "the creeps" but something was off and red flags were going up like crazy about him. I never did put a finger on them or why. Over time, since then I did notice 2 things. One, he dated younger men, possibly young enough to be his child. Two, there was a lot of turnover at The Dis, and they were mostly younger men leaving.

@WebmasterCorey , Others may disagree, but perhaps it is time for this thread to draw to a close. People have had some time to express their thoughts, analyse etc., but perhaps it is time for the cacophony to stop. I feel deeply for the young gentlemen who suffered sexual abuse, but is this, somewhat grotesque, ‘picking over the bones’ in their best interests? Perhaps an empathic statement to all former and current employees and an invitation to meet with you or correspond with you directly, is the way forward?

I apologise if this suggestion offends anyone, but surely our priority, as a community, should be supporting the victims, and the continuation of this thread may be discouraging other victims from coming forward.
Just to add that @Dustin stated very clearly on his YouTube channel last evening that he wants to keep the conversation going; that he wants people to keep talking. I admire your courage and dignity @Dustin and @themando and from now on will rely on you to let us know if it ever becomes too much and you want to stop the conversation.

@Dustin, I heard you say that you want nothing more than conversation and openness, but given the new facts that you discovered, perhaps consider reporting the assaults which took place in the U.K./London to the Met police. There is no time limit here for criminal prosecutions and maybe it would stop PW travelling to the U.K. (or any countries which recognise a British arrest warrant) and perhaps stop him targeting other young gentlemen.

I attach the link for online reporting.

https://www.met.police.uk/ro/report/ocr/af/how-to-report-a-crime/

One of the funniest things Sean said over on the other site was despite Pete hating Tony's, he loves Olive Garden and other chain restaurants. What a jabroni.
I could’ve sworn that Pete said that he doesn’t like Olive Garden whenever they would do a review of an Italian place in the parks

Yes he did.
Did I read somewhere that Pete spoke to "Kevin" to apprach Dustin to speak on his behalf in a very high school manner? At the time I glanced over it assuming it was Klose and didn't pay any attn to it but it just popped in my head, is that another Kevin? (I can't even find where I read that anymore)

Did I read somewhere that Pete spoke to "Kevin" to apprach Dustin to speak on his behalf in a very high school manner? At the time I glanced over it assuming it was Klose and didn't pay any attn to it but it just popped in my head, is that another Kevin? (I can't even find where I read that anymore)
Different Kevin. I believe it was in Dustin’s part one or part two on the other site.

We did the Italy ABD in 2014, the DIS Mega Meet in 2016 and the Viking cruise in 2018.

I would say most of our interactions with Pete were actually great. But I remember there were some moments where he was loud and obnoxious in situations where the group was not together and it was a window into how he could act when not “on.”

However, there was always something in the back of my mind that was odd about the Dustin situation. When his final episode came around and Pete was so emotional about him leaving, I thought maybe I was wrong and had misjudged. And even on the Viking cruise we heard from other people who had talked to Pete about Dustin that he was telling everyone Dustin left because he didn’t want to tell his family he was gay.

When I began reading the posts on the other board, I did not doubt it for a second. It doesn’t mean that I didn’t have great and friendly interactions with Pete. But other things and behaviors I have seen on the show over the years and things I heard him saying when he didn’t think fans were around on the trips lined up with what Sean was posting. I felt shocked, disgusted, and angry, but not surprised.

Despite being an active member of the DIS in the very early years, and continuous viewership of their various shows on YouTube, I only saw Pete one time on Disney property. It was in December 2021, and he came into Gyser Point with Panda, and someone else, while we were having lunch there. He had such an arrogance, and a sense of ownership about him, I refused to go up and say hi. All I wanted to do was greet Panda and ask why he was hanging around Pete, but I didn’t.

He was such an obvious bully to everyone on his team. I hated myself for continuing to watch the podcasts, but it had become such a habit over the years, that it was hard to break despite the obvious decline in content. I’m hoping it can get revived, and get back to some form of the greatness it had in the days when @Dustin was running the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter