Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few random thoughts:
  • The types of sexual assault and abuse mentioned by Dustin and Sean are really really bad.
  • We should consider going back to what Dustin said a day or 2 ago and redirect our Agee towards PW…the Bill Cosby/Harvey Weinstein of this whole thing.
  • And holy mother of God, PW is accused by Amex of basically stealing almost $900,000 and not paying it back. $860k is a lot of money!!! WHAT THE HECK!
  • If you’re spending almost $900,000 of other people’s money, I don’t care how many years you have or haven’t been sober, but in addition to being an alcoholic, you have a major shopping addiction.
  • The travel agents at DUT are still all hard working, dedicated professionals and our family has gotten some really excellent service from them all the times we’ve used them. They’ve saved us hundreds of $$ on our WDW trips. None of this insanity is their fault.
  • Knowing now what was REALLY going on, it’s no wonder that whole train wreck podcast episode which I’m going to refer to as “We hate everybody but we’re going to blame it all on DeSantis” happened and it makes a lot more sense.
Ok, so PW clearly had/has a “type,” with the “type” being somebody who’s 10-20 yr younger than him AND somebody who’s needy and probably psychologically a little vulnerable. Then PW basically love bombs them with praise, gifts, money, and “oh here’s a job that I’m going to give you, too, because I’m such a big deal.”

And then once the abuser has you separated from your support network, once the abuser even has control over whether or not you have access to a cell phone, then the love bombing stops and the mental and emotional abuse and manipulation begin.

Only at that point, you feel like now you have no choice and maybe if you just go along with his insane demands, maybe TODAY he won’t be an insane butthole towards you. But deep down, you KNOW that something totally random will set him off on one of his borderline personality disorder type of hot and cold episodes.

The whole thing is really really really messed up from a mental health perspective. It’s very very toxic. Very unhealthy for everyone involved.

Imagine trying to run a business where one of the co-owners of the business is a person like this. Omg I don’t know if I could handle that. I worked for somebody once who was in the psychological end of the spectrum that PW is and I’d have panic attacks in my car sitting in the parking lot and would have to calm down before I could go into the office building because I never knew from one day to the next whether this would be a day where my boss decided I was an ok employee, an amazing employee, or such a worthless employee that he wasn’t sure why I was even working there type of employee.

And that’s probably the sort of hell that the Dis employees have had to deal with…at least those who have had to interact directly with PW. It must have been hell.

Do that for long enough, and it absolutely COULD turn you from a person who loves WDW/DL with all your heart and soul to somebody who’s going on a podcast blaming it all on people who aren’t politically or socially liberal.

I don’t give a flying FART that PW is gay. What he’s done is flat out wrong. Spent almost a million dollars of the company’s money and psychologically and sexually abused his own employees.

If using your position of power at work is the ONLY way you can get laid, then YOU HAVE SOME MAJOR PROBLEMS! HOW DARE YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE YOUNG MEN LIKE THAT!

It’s HARD ENOUGH being a gay man in this world…they DIDN’T NEED YOU MAKING IT EVEN MORE DIFFICULT! And the psychological abuse he did to Dustin?! OMG don’t even get me started on that.

I’m a mom. I have 2 kids. People like PW are the sort of people who I warn my teenage kids about. I’ve warned them about the early relationship warning signs. The mama Bear in me wants to go kick somebody’s butt over this while also wrapping up the victims in a huge hug.

To Sean, Dustin, Charles, and all of the other victims who we don’t know about…you all deserved to be treated better than that.

PW used power, money, and psychological manipulation to lord over his targets.

One more random thought…if you have to tell people about what a big deal you are (ie, “I can’t do dining reviews anymore because they all know who I am and I’m such a big deal now”), then guess what? YOU AREN’T THAT BIG OF A DEAL!

The Dis will emerge out of all of this. The employees who all had to deal with PW on a regular basis probably all could use some group therapy and there needs to be some major rebuilding of trust.

It’s clear now that the corporate culture of the DisUnplugged podcast was one based on fear. Time for a new culture to replace it. A culture based on respect, trust, etc.

All of what has happened is like the TOTAL antithesis to why Walt Disney originally set out to build Disneyland. Time to turn the boat around and drive it in the right direction. PW leaving both companies is the right thing to do.

</end rant>

One important nugget from Dustin’s video was he said Charles posted here and also spoke to him(Dustin.) So it does appear the post from Charles is likely genuine. (I am trying to be cautious about verifying things.)

Can we go back to that post that is probably Charles? It’s on page #46 and there is a lot to unpack. I think the parts about alleged cameras and Dustin were just such a shock I missed other things.

What does this paragraph mean for example?

I have so many questions.

Tiana’s Place is on the Disney Wonder correct? It is a dinner show?

So Pete would ask the team to get close up pics of performers? And then ask the Maitre D to set up a private meeting? Did this happen where performing CMs were put in that awkward position or Pete just said it but didn’t follow through?

Charles says we’d would avoid it and go back to their real work. Then he wrote “suddenly couldn’t be avoided,” so does that mean they were taking said pictures? What changed?

I wish Charles had stayed. I feel like just this paragraph alone leaves me a lot of questions, but I find this to be very troubling.

Did this alleged scenario or others like it actually play out and what happened? Charles used quotes but was he just making up a hypothetical example?

Sending all my best to Charles, please come back, you have a critical perspective to helping us understand. I am so sorry for your trauma.

Quoting myself, I spent some time last night digging into if Pete, Charles and the team were on the Wonder together and couldn’t find it. The Wonder of course had a unique sailing pattern in this time period.

This is when additional shows started on the main channel, then split off to their own channels and eventually back again so it’s harder to search.

Did Charles ever cruise with the team? On any Disney ship? Can anyone jog my memory? I will keep digging.

There is a playlist of short Dis Overview videos in early 2019 of the Wonder that would be the right time but I can’t find any dining review vlogs, etc. The overview stories don’t show any of the team or who filmed them.

The story, if accurate, Charles tells here I think lends to his many red flags people potentially knew and who enabled him. While unpleasant to others, I do think it’s questions to be asked and we shouldn’t ignore such a disturbing story.

Again, I wish Charles would answer these questions but I will keep looking to see if the travel history of the team even supports this story he shared as being possible.

The original post is on page #46 if other wanted to see it.

Last edited:
A few random thoughts:
  • The types of sexual assault and abuse mentioned by Dustin and Sean are really really bad.
  • We should consider going back to what Dustin said a day or 2 ago and redirect our Agee towards PW…the Bill Cosby/Harvey Weinstein of this whole thing.
  • And holy mother of God, PW is accused by Amex of basically stealing almost $900,000 and not paying it back. $860k is a lot of money!!! WHAT THE HECK!
  • If you’re spending almost $900,000 of other people’s money, I don’t care how many years you have or haven’t been sober, but in addition to being an alcoholic, you have a major shopping addiction.
  • The travel agents at DUT are still all hard working, dedicated professionals and our family has gotten some really excellent service from them all the times we’ve used them. They’ve saved us hundreds of $$ on our WDW trips. None of this insanity is their fault.
  • Knowing now what was REALLY going on, it’s no wonder that whole train wreck podcast episode which I’m going to refer to as “We hate everybody but we’re going to blame it all on DeSantis” happened and it makes a lot more sense.
Ok, so PW clearly had/has a “type,” with the “type” being somebody who’s 10-20 yr younger than him AND somebody who’s needy and probably psychologically a little vulnerable. Then PW basically love bombs them with praise, gifts, money, and “oh here’s a job that I’m going to give you, too, because I’m such a big deal.”

And then once the abuser has you separated from your support network, once the abuser even has control over whether or not you have access to a cell phone, then the love bombing stops and the mental and emotional abuse and manipulation begin.

Only at that point, you feel like now you have no choice and maybe if you just go along with his insane demands, maybe TODAY he won’t be an insane butthole towards you. But deep down, you KNOW that something totally random will set him off on one of his borderline personality disorder type of hot and cold episodes.

The whole thing is really really really messed up from a mental health perspective. It’s very very toxic. Very unhealthy for everyone involved.

Imagine trying to run a business where one of the co-owners of the business is a person like this. Omg I don’t know if I could handle that. I worked for somebody once who was in the psychological end of the spectrum that PW is and I’d have panic attacks in my car sitting in the parking lot and would have to calm down before I could go into the office building because I never knew from one day to the next whether this would be a day where my boss decided I was an ok employee, an amazing employee, or such a worthless employee that he wasn’t sure why I was even working there type of employee.

And that’s probably the sort of hell that the Dis employees have had to deal with…at least those who have had to interact directly with PW. It must have been hell.

Do that for long enough, and it absolutely COULD turn you from a person who loves WDW/DL with all your heart and soul to somebody who’s going on a podcast blaming it all on people who aren’t politically or socially liberal.

I don’t give a flying FART that PW is gay. What he’s done is flat out wrong. Spent almost a million dollars of the company’s money and psychologically and sexually abused his own employees.

If using your position of power at work is the ONLY way you can get laid, then YOU HAVE SOME MAJOR PROBLEMS! HOW DARE YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE YOUNG MEN LIKE THAT!

It’s HARD ENOUGH being a gay man in this world…they DIDN’T NEED YOU MAKING IT EVEN MORE DIFFICULT! And the psychological abuse he did to Dustin?! OMG don’t even get me started on that.

I’m a mom. I have 2 kids. People like PW are the sort of people who I warn my teenage kids about. I’ve warned them about the early relationship warning signs. The mama Bear in me wants to go kick somebody’s butt over this while also wrapping up the victims in a huge hug.

To Sean, Dustin, Charles, and all of the other victims who we don’t know about…you all deserved to be treated better than that.

One more random thought…if you have to tell people about what a big deal you are (ie, “I can’t do dining reviews anymore because they all know who I am and I’m such a big deal now”), then guess what? YOU AREN’T THAT BIG OF A DEAL!

The Dis will emerge out of all of this. The employees who all had to deal with PW on a regular basis probably all could use some group therapy and there needs to be some major rebuilding of trust.

It’s clear now that the corporate culture of the DisUnplugged podcast was one based on fear. Time for a new culture to replace it. A culture based on respect, trust, etc.

All of what has happened is like the TOTAL antithesis to why Walt Disney originally set out to build Disneyland. Time to turn the boat around and drive it in the right direction. PW leaving both companies is the right thing to do.

</end rant>
This tops any Pete Rant. 👏🏼

Well-said! 💐

A few random thoughts:

</end rant>
What a well laid out post! You summed things up perfectly. Makes me want to punch him too. :)

One thing i wish folks would remember is Fiasco also suffered at that man's hands per his earlier post. So we need to support Dustin, Sean, Charles and Fiasco as well as any others who have not come forward.

It's pretty common that people who struggle with addiction latch on to another "less harmful" one when the suppress their original addiction. It scratches an itch without being forbidden. In Pete's case, sounds like shopping might have been his "acceptable" addiction.

This whole situation is so sad. As a psychiatrist that specializes in gay mental health this hits hard. There are so many pieces to unravel and review. I watched Dustin’s video and he seems to be doing quite well, but he has been through a lot and may be putting on a great outside shell. Having this all come to the limelight right now brings back a flood of emotions that may trigger more depression and anxiety.

I just hope everyone involved gets the help they want and need. Mental health treatment is not always available and it sure sounds like many people may benefit who are involved in this situation.

I keep remembering about the realtor before Sean, forgot his name. He ending things badly with PW and said online he had his phones cut off and livelihood affected by the ending of the business relationship and in came Sean . I remember feeling badly for him and thinking that this new guy Sean will have the exact same way of being treated by PW.

I keep remembering about the realtor before Sean, forgot his name. He ending things badly with PW and said online he had his phones cut off and livelihood affected by the ending of the business relationship and in came Sean . I remember feeling badly for him and thinking that this new guy Sean will have the exact same way of being treated by PW.
Eric Gross, he went on a date with Pete W.

I met Eric when we were down here house shopping a couple of years ago. We ended up going with a different realtor as time constraints were an issue, but I can honestly say he was an absolute pleasure to work with! Super nice guy and personable. I didn't bring up any of the Dis stuff as this was after they had parted ways and it was none of my business, but we had a lot of fun just chatting.

I’m traumatized and I feel like my life was falling apart and I have nobody to talk to and honestly not doing very great. Social media shows how awesome other people’s life is and stuff but that’s people showing their best days, or just forcing yourself to be okay because who am I to have a bad day? When I got this job I had just got out of active duty military - spent one year in a corporate office and hated my life - then landed a job doing theme park content I felt like I actually manifested. My dream at the time actually came true. I’m still working through stuff, as I’m sure many people are.
@Cafiasco I’m very sorry to hear this. I’m hoping you are able to obtain the support needed to get you through, and fully heal. No one deserved the toxic environment you dealt with.

As someone from the North East with a sarcastic sense of humor I always assumed Pete had a sarcastic sense of humor. The I will make fun of my friends and tease them, but I will also lie down in traffic for them and god help you if you say a bad word about them. Boy was I wrong.
Also I find it telling of all the many many people who know him, have traveled with him, worked for him, or met him briefly. Not one person I have seen say “wow he was such a wonderful guy. This is the last person I would ever suspect this from.” True no one could guess the scope that this has gotten to. Aka Tiger King levels. But still not one person saying he is such a great guy he’s the last person I would think could be capable of something like this. That’s pretty telling ….

A few random thoughts:

</end rant>
Wanted to add that I know that Dustin and Charles have stated that they’re not gay. Regardless of one’s sexual orientation, no one deserves to be taken advantage of and treated like they and the other victims have been treated.

It's pretty common that people who struggle with addiction latch on to another "less harmful" one when the suppress their original addiction. It scratches an itch without being forbidden. In Pete's case, sounds like shopping might have been his "acceptable" addiction.

Pete said on his solo show that he was going to rehab because he was spending too much. I think some images on the other site showed bills back to February with warnings from Amex. I could be misremembering, or they could have been doctored.

This whole situation is so sad. As a psychiatrist that specializes in gay mental health this hits hard. There are so many pieces to unravel and review. I watched Dustin’s video and he seems to be doing quite well, but he has been through a lot and may be putting on a great outside shell. Having this all come to the limelight right now brings back a flood of emotions that may trigger more depression and anxiety.

I just hope everyone involved gets the help they want and need. Mental health treatment is not always available and it sure sounds like many people may benefit who are involved in this situation.

It bothers me a lot. Gay men often have issues and low self esteem because of society. Preying on that is reprehensible. Also, Stinky Pete is just reinforcing the negative image that certain people have of a gay men. It’s just all around total poop.

Pete said on his solo show that he was going to rehab because he was spending too much. I think some images on the other site showed bills back to February with warnings from Amex. I could be misremembering, or they could have been doctored.

It bothers me a lot. Gay men often have issues and low self esteem because of society. Preying on that is reprehensible. Also, Stinky Pete is just reinforcing the negative image that certain people have of a gay men. It’s just all around total poop.
Yes. The sexual assault is monstrous. In no world is it anything but. Most likely, and statistics back me up, he was also abused when he was younger, and maybe he even felt he deserved it because he had mortally low self-esteem because of his confusing sexuality.

But the addiction part is very real and seemingly insurmountable without serious intervention and perseverance. The out-of-control spending is a substitute for drinking/using, and seems healthier to him because at least he's "sober." The belligerence and narcissism is a defense mechanism that he's in control.

And that's my armchair psychiatrist diagnosis.

Honestly, not very surprised. I attended this man’s wedding and have been in his home a few times. I was on an ABD with him. I spent time with him both in and out of the parks for meetings and events. We’ve gone to dinner several times in FL, CA, PA, and NJ. As crushing as this entire situation is, I’m just not very surprised. I never in my life would have expected SA, but as I’ve sat here for weeks analyzing our interactions and what I’ve observed of those he’s had with others, there were so many red flags. It’s heartbreaking.

I'm honestly surprised by the amount of people who failed to see the toxic behavior over the years. I've been in this community since 2009. Makes me think alot people are in toxic relationships themselves, thus making it feel more "normal" and possibly blind to the red flags.

I'm honestly surprised by the amount of people who failed to see the toxic behavior over the years. I've been in this community since 2009. Makes me think alot people are in toxic relationships themselves, thus making it feel more "normal" and possibly blind to the red flags.
I'm not sure that is true. A lot may be due to employees working from various states and locations. If this had been going on with folks who worked in one central office it might have been caught much earlier.

I'm not sure that is true. A lot may be due to employees working from various states and locations. If this had been going on in one central office it might have been caught much earlier.
I speaking specifically about the podcast listeners and people on the forums, not the employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter