Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I can say is not paying the bill most likely means they didn’t have the cash on hand. And having it get so bad that Amex filed charges against DUT and PW also says to me it was not being paid for some time and Amex felt this was their only remedy to receive at least some of the payment.
From what I understand about the lowest, DUT didn't pay the bill because they didn't know it had been opened. And when they found out, they claimed that these were personal expenses, not authorized company expenses. That's why this is so messy.

I thought I read Pete has a gambling addiction? And even played on his phone?
I'm speaking generally here as I don't have much to contribute other than the heartfelt empathy that other posters have expressed.

I am a mental health professional treating trauma and personality disorders.

In psychological therapies it is fundamental that the client is open and willing to participate in their treatment. Often clients will present for the treatment of maladaptive coping behaviours (AOD, spending, sex, self-harm) rather than the underlying pathology. Clients with narcissistic personality traits are often less willing to engage in treatment for the underlying pathology because the narcissism is, in itself, a defensive mechanism. It's not unusual to have a client disengage from treatment when they are informed that their maladaptive coping is a symptom and until the underlying disorders are effectively treated, the behavioural pattern will be replicated. Some clients just fire their clinician because they're not ready. That's okay, maybe they will be ready in the future. You get out of therapy what you put into it.

I've ridden coach on the Eurostar and that is the cleanest, quietest, fastest transportation I've ever taken. It felt like First Class to me. And he was complaining? I knew then that I, an American, could never fathom taking transportation as efficient and painless as this where I live because I live in the South and I have to drive everywhere I need to be. And riding from where I live to Orlando on Amtrak does not measure up to riding through the French countryside and through the English channel.
Oh, yes. There was absolutely nothing wrong with First Class on the Eurostar! It was clean, extremely comfortable, with tables and food available, and totally not crowded. Everyone else thought it was wonderful. Pete was the only one complaining, because, I presume, he had visions of reclining plush chairs and being waited on hand and foot. And he complained the whole darned way.

Sayhello

Oh, yes. There was absolutely nothing wrong with First Class on the Eurostar! It was clean, extremely comfortable, with tables and food available, and totally not crowded. Everyone else thought it was wonderful. Pete was the only one complaining. The whole darn way.

Sayhello
I remember listening to a podcast where Pete was complaining about not getting First class on the Eurostar. It made me realize what a nightmare he would be to travel with.

But he was not BUYING resale, he was FINANCING resale, using Monera, at approximately 10% interest. And encouraging other people to do the same.

He doesn't own any of these contracts outright. They are all financed to the maximum term, which means he is paying on the order of 250% more than their price tag. Not smart.

It is assumed that even if he sold every contract, he would pocket nothing.

You would be correct! And he *did* get First Class! Just not *his idea* of First Class!

Sayhello
This is what it looks like to be the "Ugly American." Things are going to be different from one country to another and it's not realistic to expect things to look and be the same as what we have here. PW: Dude, you're riding a train underwater to another country! We don't even do that over here! It would be great if we could do that from California to Hawaii but we have to fly over there.

Last edited:

This is what it looks like to be the "Ugly American." Things are going to be different from one country to another and it's not realistic to expect things to look and be the same as what we have here. PW: Dude, you're riding a train underwater to another country! We don't even do that over here! It would be great if we could do that from California to Hawaii but we have to fly over there.

This is how a friend of mine who was married to toxic man describes it. Your “normal” becomes so askew that you don’t realize how bad it truly is.
Yes, absolutely... usually people on the outside can see it but you can't. I dated a guy through high school and my freshman year in college who was insanely possessive. He would skip college and follow me around town without me knowing, he would sleep in his car in my driveway to make sure no one came to my house. He even came to my work one day and hid behind the clothing racks so he could spy on the conversations I was having with coworkers! :confused: Of course I "knew" it was pretty crazy but he was the only serious BF I had ever had so it was all I had ever known. This was MY "normal" but obviously wasn't anything close to normal! LOL! All of my friends were like...."Girl this guy is NUTS!" :rotfl2:

You would be correct! And he *did* get First Class! Just not *his idea* of First Class!

Sayhello
While we were in Italy, another very large group checked in to the hotel where we were staying in Rome. The hotel offered a buffet-type breakfast so my husband and I would eat there every morning before starting our ABD activities. The first morning that this large group was there, food was disappearing fast because there was just so many more people than there had been the first couple of mornings. Pete was incredibly LOUDLY saying over and over again, “where’s the f’ing food? Where’s the f’ing food?!” It was sooooo cringe and unnecessary as the staff was trying very hard to keep up with demand.

Pete's bill wasn't paid. Pete wasn't willing to pay the bill (probably couldn't pay the bills anyways). DU was not willing to pay the bill for one of the co-owners. Pete is now being sued and still is not willing to pay the bill... Tells me he doesn't have the dough or he'd be suing DU travel for breach of contract....

While we were in Italy, another very large group checked in to the hotel where we were staying in Rome. The hotel offered a buffet-type breakfast so my husband and I would eat there every morning before starting our ABD activities. The first morning that this large group was there, food was disappearing fast because there was just so many more people than there had been the first couple of mornings. Pete was incredibly LOUDLY saying over and over again, “where’s the f’ing food? Where’s the f’ing food?!” It was sooooo cringe and unnecessary as the staff was trying very hard to keep up with demand.
Unfortunately, I can totally picture that. :(

Sayhello

I'm honestly surprised by the amount of people who failed to see the toxic behavior over the years. I've been in this community since 2009. Makes me think alot people are in toxic relationships themselves, thus making it feel more "normal" and possibly blind to the red flags.

I speaking specifically about the podcast listeners and people on the forums, not the employees.

I’ve been around since 2005 and before the show went to video. Regardless, these comments come across as very harsh and rude. You do not know me nor my life, so assumptions aren’t necessary. And, before you claim I have “reading comprehension” issues like you obnoxiously told another poster, please save your breath; I won’t be reading any other posts you create. That’s why the ignore feature is available on the boards.

I'm speaking generally here as I don't have much to contribute other than the heartfelt empathy that other posters have expressed.

I am a mental health professional treating trauma and personality disorders.

In psychological therapies it is fundamental that the client is open and willing to participate in their treatment. Often clients will present for the treatment of maladaptive coping behaviours (AOD, spending, sex, self-harm) rather than the underlying pathology. Clients with narcissistic personality traits are often less willing to engage in treatment for the underlying pathology because the narcissism is, in itself, a defensive mechanism. It's not unusual to have a client disengage from treatment when they are informed that their maladaptive coping is a symptom and until the underlying disorders are effectively treated, the behavioural pattern will be replicated. Some clients just fire their clinician because they're not ready. That's okay, maybe they will be ready in the future. You get out of therapy what you put into it.
You hit the nail on the head. When PW went to rehab, and then continued to spend with abandon, I put his behavior together and figured he was having a nervous breakdown. Since at the time, he probably knew that the jig was up in terms of the SA, although we all didn't know, it makes sense. All of these behaviors are a sympton of a personality disorder he's had since he was a child. I read somewhere that someone who knew him in school said he was "always like that".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter