• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also consider, that many, many posters have been unnecessarily banned in the past and have created new accounts to discuss.
I sincerely hope those that were banned, including Dis leaders (and yes, we do view mods, admins, etc as leaders and reps for Dis boards) come back to have a voice on here. I'm honestly shocked by the fact that the mods and admins are actually allowing dialogue for a change on this thread. Usually, if you don't fall in line, your posts are removed and/or you are banned. This thread allowed to remain open is a refreshing change and one that I hope continues on here.

Where is mod Rteetz? Mod Yulinlin? (spelling.... apologies, its been so long since they were banned, I can't recall how to correctly spell their screen names) Not saying that their situations were anywhere near the level of what the "big" issues on Dis are, but they had their voices taken away nonetheless. I hope everyone can get their voice back. Not least, for those who had the most stolen from them. I won't comment on the PW thing, as its far too triggering for me, other than to give love to Dustin and Sean, and others that I'm probably missing, although not intentional.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, I loved the Dis and what I thought it stood for; Disney fans sharing that love and having a safe space to interact and share, I saw toxicity and an unhealthy "leadership" on the boards (isn't the saying "s--t travels downhill?", and chose to remove my self for several reasons and don't post much at all anymore. I hope the new leadership for Dis can learn from the mistakes and move forward in a healthy way.

Probably the first thing would be to not post pics from a vacation showing fun and happy times when a lot of us are hurting for those we liked and looked up to. This is a time of mourning for those who we considered "friends" and the horrible things they've experienced, who we genuinely feel sympathy for, who who we became invested in by watching them. Allow them the respect of knowing people support and care for them. Allow us to experience our own emotions of shock and sorrow. Although, maybe that's too similar to "sitting shiva"? Isn't that what we SHOULD be doing for one (and more) of "our own" who experienced something horrible? And yes, John's message was garbage.

I sincerely hope those that were banned, including Dis leaders (and yes, we do view mods, admins, etc as leaders and reps for Dis boards) come back to have a voice on here. I'm honestly shocked by the fact that the mods and admins are actually allowing dialogue for a change on this thread. Usually, if you don't fall in line, your posts are removed and/or you are banned. This thread allowed to remain open is a refreshing change and one that I hope continues on here.

Where is mod Rteetz? Mod Yulinlin? (spelling.... apologies, its been so long since they were banned, I can't recall how to correctly spell their screen names) Not saying that their situations were anywhere near the level of what the "big" issues on Dis are, but they had their voices taken away nonetheless. I hope everyone can get their voice back. Not least, for those who had the most stolen from them. I won't comment on the PW thing, as its far too triggering for me, other than to give love to Dustin and Sean, and others that I'm probably missing, although not intentional.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, I loved the Dis and what I thought it stood for; Disney fans sharing that love and having a safe space to interact and share, I saw toxicity and an unhealthy "leadership" on the boards (isn't the saying "s--t travels downhill?", and chose to remove my self for several reasons and don't post much at all anymore. I hope the new leadership for Dis can learn from the mistakes and move forward in a healthy way.

Probably the first thing would be to not post pics from a vacation showing fun and happy times when a lot of us are hurting for those we liked and looked up to. This is a time of mourning for those who we considered "friends" and the horrible things they've experienced, who we genuinely feel sympathy for, who who we became invested in by watching them. Allow them the respect of knowing people support and care for them. Allow us to experience our own emotions of shock and sorrow. Although, maybe that's too similar to "sitting shiva"? Isn't that what we SHOULD be doing for one (and more) of "our own" who experienced something horrible? And yes, John's message was garbage.
Rteetz has posted under another username in this thread (drawing a blank on what it was, involves tink lol). I used to have a different account, that was banned right around the same time as those two, so reverted back to my original account after that, which is this one.

Rteetz has posted under another username in this thread (drawing a blank on what it was, involves tink lol). I used to have a different account, that was banned right around the same time as those two, so reverted back to my original account after that, which is this one.

itinkso

The others are doing fine on a different board where they have the freedoms they want to discuss things. I don’t see them coming back here much after this.

I was really hopeful due to @WebmasterCorey and his decision to keep this thread open for honest discourse. I am disheartened by what I have witnessed on another thread this afternoon. Posts have been edited and deleted to change the narrative.
I’ve been following that and it’s very disappointing …I am confident many have screen shots so it’s not entirely gone.

I was really hopeful due to @WebmasterCorey and his decision to keep this thread open for honest discourse. I am disheartened by what I have witnessed on another thread this afternoon. Posts have been edited and deleted to change the narrative.

Anti-semitism from the DIS moderator seems contrary to the message @WebmasterCorey posted last week. While the moderator has deleted and edited posts, screenshots exist.

Anti-semitism from the DIS moderator seems contrary to the message @WebmasterCorey posted last week. While the moderator has deleted and edited posts, screenshots exist.

To have that commentary come from someone with so much power and control over these boards. Just reprehensible.
Hopefully, as the Dis moves forward, Corey can implement a better system of checks and balances so no one person or group is in charge of the "big red button".

So someone in a position of power here acted badly, and was then allowed to sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened with no consequences.

I think that says it all for the direction this company is going in.

Where is mod Rteetz? Mod Yulinlin? (spelling.... apologies, its been so long since they were banned, I can't recall how to correctly spell their screen names) Not saying that their situations were anywhere near the level of what the "big" issues on Dis are, but they had their voices taken away nonetheless.
Yulilin hangs out on a Disney server on the app with the icon that looks like an Dreamcast controller and still occasionally livestreams on Facebook. She also may have found a magical career opportunity shortly after leaving the Dis.

Rteetz still posts on WDWMagic.

Threads back. Wonder what made her bring it back, probably all the screen shots everyone had.
There are still edited posts over there though and looks like maybe not all posts came back with thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter