• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointing Hollywood & Vine

DVC92

DIS Veteran
H&V was very disappointing on a recent visit. The buffet has been downgraded in the last month (confirmed by a waitress). Favorite items have disappeared (root beer sweet potatoes, flavored butters, toppings for salad, etc.). Could this be a result of the Disney Dining Plan?

We went in March 05 and were dissapointed too. There was very little variety they had two bars and a kids bar going the two bars both had the same items on them..

We were considering this option with the Fantasmic Package.... More comments would appreciated from other Disers.

We did H&V with the Fantasmic package in 3/2004, we will NOT be going back. It didn't help that the food was basically the same as CP, which we ate at the night before, but we found CP's buffet to be better. Even DH said never again.

This year we are trying MM with the FP.

We had the Fantasmic! package here in 08/04 because it was the least expensive option. What a mistake. The food was nasty the place was filthy and the waitress never refilled our drinks. I guess you get what you pay for, I will NEVER do this again. :sad2: :crazy2:

wow, we must be the odd-family-out... we ate there in '04 and enjoyed it... again in '05 and enjoyed it... and most recently in jan '06 and it was decided among our group of 8 that it was the best meal of the trip (and we'd dined at LeC, CMs, LTT, CRT, CP)... everything was delish, there was a chicken w/berries and wine dish that was outstanding, endive salad that i could just eat all day, the famous root beer sweet potatoes (is it true? are they really gone?!), etc... and a fabulously accommodating chef that was very helpful dealing w/my son's food allergies and our friend's diabetes... i'll be very sad if it's gone that far downhill in such a short period of time...

We didn't have root beer sweet potatos when we went and that was awhile ago. So I'm not so sure they're permanantly KO'd.

We liked it when we went too. We liked CM's and CP and 1900 a bit better but it certainly had better food than CRT (which we also liked) and had way better food than Marrakesh, which we won't be going back to.

Has the new character meal started? I wonder if that will change it even more? ok wait I think it starts late June...I'm intersted in reading those reviews

Ditto what most of the others are saying.

We were there just this week and it was very disappointing--and my expectations weren't that high to begin with. I couldn't switch my Fantasmic ADRs to someplace else. Not much variety, food was just OK, plates were very dirty looking, place was loud and not appealling.

Have to agree with most everyone else that it was AWFUL. What a waste never again. Food was not good no varity bad service.

01Sweetpea said:
We did H&V with the Fantasmic package in 3/2004, we will NOT be going back. It didn't help that the food was basically the same as CP, which we ate at the night before, but we found CP's buffet to be better. Even DH said never again.

This year we are trying MM with the FP.
ditto. i really did not enjoy it. (3/04)

It sounds like a lot of the posters dined a H&V a while back. We ate here this week and it was very good. I was stressed because I had read such negative posts before our trip and was prepared for it to be awful.

The service was very good - our drinks were always full. The restaurant was clean, the food was hot, everything tasted good. We were seated right on time. These were all contrary to the complaints I had read before we left.

I would recommend H&V without hesitation.

We ate there last month ( May 06). The food was just ok but the service was fantastic. Our drinks were never empty.

:sad2: Our expectations were not high after reading posts before our trip. We ate there on 6/14 ( only ADR we could get with Fantasmic PKG ) and the food was the worst of the trip. I can say that the wait staff was good but it didn't make up for the food quality. Not much in choices and most of the food bland warm not hot. If you can make a ADR at Mama Melrose for 1TS credit you would be wise to do so.

We ate there 8/04 and we loved it. We had eaten at 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi Dine In at MGM prior to that trip. Of course the reason we booked was for the Fantasmic package but my son chose H&V for the package this year because he liked it so well. 50's had been one of his favorites and I'm the one that like Sci-Fi, he's not that crazy about it.

We were there on Sunday, the 18th - just two nights ago. We were very happy with our meal here. Our reservation was for 6pm, we were seated at 6:20. The food was fresh and hot. While we didn't try everything, everything we did try was very good. The grilled flank steak was far better than the meat at Ohana. Our server was good, kept our drinks replenished and brought us coffee when he saw us getting dessert. Desserts were very good. We also ate at Crystal Palace. The food there is a little more adventurous but we thought both were comparable in quality.

They did seem to be a bit short on staff. They were booked for the evening but the whole time we were in there, the restaurant was half full. They were doing a good job keeping up with cleaning tables. We would go here again.

WisMom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter