• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboards iphone app issues??

jessicamouse

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone else who uses the disboards mobile app on their iPhone has been having issues lately? I find that it is very very slow to load any of the threads, and I often get an error message that says it timed out. It's getting worse, in my estimation. If anyone has any advice on how to fix this I would certainly appreciate it. I really enjoy checking in to these boards and it is hard to do lately!!

Constant issues with iPhone. Almost unusable at this point. I've seen several posts about it but have no idea if it's being worked on or what the problem is.

Yep, same issues here too. For months now, and you're right, it is getting worse.

I think this is the 3rd or 4th thread on the issue. But it seems nothing is ever done or even acknowledged.

I just got off the phone with Disney IT about an MDE issue that he fixed. He told me that the app isn't very compatible with iPhones in general. He said something about how iPhones don't take the updates as well as Android phones. I know that's not very helpful, but I thought I'd share. FWIW, he was extremely helpful in making sure all our tickets were properly linked since my fastpass window opens up Thursday. I also couldn't see one of my dining reservations but it said it was linked. He fixed it so it actually shows up in My Reservations. Best customer service I've had with Disney!

I just got off the phone with Disney IT about an MDE issue that he fixed. He told me that the app isn't very compatible with iPhones in general. He said something about how iPhones don't take the updates as well as Android phones. I know that's not very helpful, but I thought I'd share. FWIW, he was extremely helpful in making sure all our tickets were properly linked since my fastpass window opens up Thursday. I also couldn't see one of my dining reservations but it said it was linked. He fixed it so it actually shows up in My Reservations. Best customer service I've had with Disney!

The disboards app (which is what people are complaining about) has nothing to do with MDE. They are two totally different things.

I used the DIS app on my iphone without any problems up until last month. Then it started loading extremely slowly and even timing out. This past week the problem is constant. At first I thought it was my wifi connection - and it is a bit better with 4G - but after reading these posts I guess the problem lies with the DIS board servers. It's a real shame as the web version of the site is so difficult to navigate even on my laptop!

Same problem. The app is constantly timing out.

I just use the website on my phone, but I can't search. If I try to click on the search box to enter anything, it automatically clicks "go" and kicks me out of the search function. Not very helpful at all.

My mobile app on android seems to be having trouble connection to something (database, ad server) to the point where it just sits at contacting.

I know the app is free and all so I know tech support is probably nil. That being said, figured I would post in case it might be helpful for troubleshooting.

Android 4.4.2
Nexus 5
Network is T-Mobile. Problem seems to happen consistently on 3g or 4g.

Have tried clearing app data a few times and it doesn't seem to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter