Disboutiquers Part 10 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I made the move okay. I kept checking before I went to bed last night but it didn't happen.:rotfl: If I had checked when I first got up this morning then I would have been on the first page.:surfweb: Darn it.

OOOOH!!! Where did you find it?

I found it on etsy when I was doing a random for no reason Disney fabric search :dance3:

I can't believe you let Heather run around on these boards unsupervised :confused3 :scared:

You moved and left all us sleeping Westerners behind :sad2:

I just wanted to thank you guys for the help you've all given on the Big Gives!!! This last two Gives that we posted only need one more outfit each and autograph books and crayon rollups to be filled!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Just wanted to drop in and say hi ladies...and Tom :) I've been MIA for quite awhile. We didn't have a trip planned and I just couldn't bring myself to be here. :( BUT!!!!! Now we are in the early, early stages of booking for next Oct. WOOHOO!!!! My oldest dd is into BMX and she will be competing at nationals in Disney in Oct. We just HAVE to go!!! LOL..... So here I am back and obsessed with all things disney. I must go and dust off my sewing machine now. :) I'm going to add y'all to my facebook page. Oy...that's another obsession in and of itself. LOL

Woohoo! I'll be there in October, too!

Hey parents - I need suggestions. I got an email from Zoe's teacher today that Zoe said "s**t" in class today. The teacher said it seemed to be an accident but I still feel like an awful mother. I try to be very careful of what I say most of the time but I know I let the word slip out sometimes - like when the sewing isn't going as planned. :headache:. What's worse is I scolded Zoe last night for the same thing - she was "sewing" something that wasn't working right and the word slipped out. I think I feel worse because these do seem to be accidents which means she's familiar enough with the word for it to slip out unintentionally.

Any suggestions on good deterrents? I'm trying to come up with an incremental set of consequences for such slippage.

I've had good luck working with my daughter to come up with acceptable words. Like she was saying "Oh my God" and I said that isn't okay, so you can say, "Oh my Gosh". And she said "daXXit" and I said that isn't okay, so she came up with "Oh pickles" like Twinkle from Higgly Town Heroes says. That's seemed to work well, since she says things that are okay AND she cracks herself up when she says them. :thumbsup2

Oops...quoted the wrong thing. Just wanted to Ash just said that she NEEDS to have that cake for her 6th bday!!! Too bad we'll be at Disney for her 6th bday :ssst: so she'll have to settle for a Disney cake.

DID I KNOW THIS? We'll be there, too, for Sammy's 6th birthday in October!!!

:banana:

Morning friends,

Yes, we are making the big jump! I am now officially sick. Little guy shared his cold and I now feel like well...swear word. So I am not going to work on my hats today.

However could someone please point to a good site that explains tension and how it correspondes to fabric thickness and density? I got the big loops on the bottom and adjusted the tension by just experimenting but wanted to know if there is guide? Also, my thread keeps getting worn thin in the needle. Why? I read that fleece is very hard and I should get a bigger needle and change it often. Will that help?

Thanks, back to bed.

Did I hear black friday talk????? I love black friday!!!! I made my sister's and I all custom shirts last year. I'll have to see if I have any pictures!!!!

I do! I just need to save it to photobucket!!!!

Woohoo! I'll be there in October, too!

Hopefully Oct 24-Nov 2 with the first two and last two days being travel days. We're driving.....from Tx.....23 hours.....are we crazy???? All because we don't want to ship her BMX bike. LOL

Here is a close-up of the very raw edge applique that I put on some long sleeve black t-shirts for my sister's and I last year.

carvingpumpkinsandRileysb-day001.jpg

We always say we are going to take pictures, but we never do!

We get to Wal-mart about 4:00 am and we can put the things from the ad in our cart and have them. At 5:00 we all stake out our assigned "doorbuster" and grab what we need.

We go to Starbucks and get a really fattening coffee!

We make it to Target in time to be waiting for the doors to open at 6:00!

After that it's pretty much running everywhere. We stop for lunch and then see a movie. It usually ends up being an 18 hour day and we love it! This year all 3 of my sisters are coming and I am really looking forward to it, even though I really shouldn't be buying much w/ a trip planned 2 weeks after Christmas:laughing:

We always say we are going to take pictures, but we never do!

We get to Wal-mart about 4:00 am and we can put the things from the ad in our cart and have them. At 5:00 we all stake out our assigned "doorbuster" and grab what we need.

We go to Starbucks and get a really fattening coffee!

We make it to Target in time to be waiting for the doors to open at 6:00!

After that it's pretty much running everywhere. We stop for lunch and then see a movie. It usually ends up being an 18 hour day and we love it! This year all 3 of my sisters are coming and I am really looking forward to it, even though I really shouldn't be buying much w/ a trip planned 2 weeks after Christmas:laughing:

When I was at home, we did Black Friday. Thanksgiving day all the woman would get together to map out a battle plan. We all had matching shirts. We would go out insanely early on BF. But it was fun, everyone was happy.

But I had to admit year before last-it is just too dangerous to go out on BF here. It just was not worth it. They have police guarding the doors so no one cuts in line. I actually saw an officer have to pull his weapon to stop a line cutter:confused3 That is crazy. SO now I do what I can online and spend the day with Morgan. :cool1:

I made it to the new thread!! Glad we moved before we left for Disney or I might hsve never found it!! We leave in 6 days!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: All customs are done, and i am finalizing the packing this weekend!!

When I was at home, we did Black Friday. Thanksgiving day all the woman would get together to map out a battle plan. We all had matching shirts. We would go out insanely early on BF. But it was fun, everyone was happy.

But I had to admit year before last-it is just too dangerous to go out on BF here. It just was not worth it. They have police guarding the doors so no one cuts in line. I actually saw an officer have to pull his weapon to stop a line cutter:confused3 That is crazy. SO now I do what I can online and spend the day with Morgan. :cool1:

I promise you that I have never gotten so out of hand that I've had to have a weapon drawn on me!:laughing: I'm not saying it will never happen, but it hasn't yet!!!:rolleyes1

Come on ...you know to fit in with us you have to be up the night befor eyou leave sewing your fingers to the bone!:lmao:

:lmao: I think my mom would tell me to just pick something out of DD's huge closet and get over the customs if it was the night before!

I wondered why I was making headway getting to the end of the other thread! I should have know that you all had moved! :rotfl:

I promise you that I have never gotten so out of hand that I've had to have a weapon drawn on me!:laughing: I'm not saying it will never happen, but it hasn't yet!!!:rolleyes1

:lmao: Denise, I know you would not do that. I was honestly surprised to see it happen. This person just did not want to listen the the armed police officer:confused3 So he was hauled off in handcuffs. (No big screen TV for you buddy LOL)

Last year we actually drove around on Thanksgiving and saw people CAMPED out in front of stores. We are talking tents and all. They choose to spend THANKSGIVING DAY on a sidewalk instead of with their familes. Too crazy for me. Nothing I need THAT bad. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter