Disboutiquers Part 17 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it makes you feel any better, Halloween is a week from Saturday, and I still have to make and mail 3 adult Snow WHites, 2 child Snow Whites, 2 Dorothies, 2 Alices, a Cinderella and 1 adult Mary Poppins......

Feel better now???? I don't.......... Now back to the sewing machine........

On the up side, the Post Office is not longer in the red. My express mail fees have pulled them back in to the black!

:faint:Oh My. . . well I'll cheer you on :cheer2::cheer2:You can do it!!!!:cheer2:

Good Luck!

I am trying to make 5 bowling shirts, two simply sweet jumpers, two Tunic tops,two pairs of jeans with appliques and one pirate costume. Plus a bag for me and 3 appliqued Nightmare before Christmas shirts. I have to work 3 mornings. Church on Sunday and a birthday party this Saturday. Today DD came home from school with a fever. I did finish her 101 Dalmations Jumper, it turned out cute but it is too big which means the Halloween Simply Sweet jumper I already cut out will be too big, I wonder if I can just take bigger seam allowances?

As usual, tons of great looking outfits!

Ok, DIS friends, I've been a lurker on your thread for a while. I'm so impressed with all you can do. You guys are so creative. You've inspired me to try. I did it all myself with the exception of the zipper. (I've never done one before and needed help.)

I caught patterns on Sale for .99 cents (I used McCalls M5511 for the night shirt and McCalls M3954 for the dress) and used $2 yrd fabric for the dress. John's night night dress was made from a bed sheet that I bought at a garage sale for .50 cents. I paid $1 for his shoes at a different garage sale.

Its not perfect, but I'm really pleased with the end results since this is really my first sewing project!

ScannedImage092930000_2.jpg

I love this!!

If it makes you feel any better, Halloween is a week from Saturday, and I still have to make and mail 3 adult Snow WHites, 2 child Snow Whites, 2 Dorothies, 2 Alices, a Cinderella and 1 adult Mary Poppins......

Feel better now???? I don't.......... Now back to the sewing machine........

On the up side, the Post Office is not longer in the red. My express mail fees have pulled them back in to the black!
Oh my heavens- good luck!
:faint:Oh My. . . well I'll cheer you on :cheer2::cheer2:You can do it!!!!:cheer2:

Good Luck!

I am trying to make 5 bowling shirts, two simply sweet jumpers, two Tunic tops,two pairs of jeans with appliques and one pirate costume. Plus a bag for me and 3 appliqued Nightmare before Christmas shirts. I have to work 3 mornings. Church on Sunday and a birthday party this Saturday. Today DD came home from school with a fever. I did finish her 101 Dalmations Jumper, it turned out cute but it is too big which means the Halloween Simply Sweet jumper I already cut out will be too big, I wonder if I can just take bigger seam allowances?

Wow, that's a lot. You can do it! On the simply sweet, I would recommend putting elastic under the arms, that way she can wear it now, and it will still fit her later. Shannon gave me the idea and it works really well. Just sew an extra line under the arms a bit wider than your elastic and anchor the elastic at both ends. If you do it before you attach the bodice to the skirt, your elastic ends will be hidden in the middle.

Loving all the really cute outfits. Just when I think I hve seen all the combinations for yellow, red and black dots, someone comes and makes it look even better!! I seriously wish I had that kind of talent to just put fabrics together. My fabric selection always leaves me disappointed. Oh well, I'll keep trying hard to get it right. Well I am off to create new things. I just got some of HeatherSue's great Christmas designs and I am itching to use them!!!!

Good Luck!

I'll take all the cheering I can at this point! But I've never left anyone hanging.... So between some early and late hours, and my Express Mail, I'll get there.... I just need to find something different to do. I LOVE the fall, and am tiring of spending my days cooped up at the machine..... Well.... aside from that trip to Disney of course...... :lmao:

Good luck finishing your projects, and I hope your DD is better soon!

I got my confirmation number!! Woo Hoo.:cool1::cool1:
I got a 3 bedroom condo in Windsor Hills for less than $100 a night. :banana: Now to plan all the customs, get them sewn and get all of Christmas taken care of.:eek::santa: OMG, what have I done, I'll never get it all done.:scared1:

Now to see if we can still get tickets to MVMCP.:santa:

Okay, Im so far behind, i dont think Ill ever catch up.

But I did see a really cute Tink cutie (for a big give)

and some cute girls with AG dolls...

MOM2RTK....perhaps I should add you to my prayer list? WOW! But just think of all those delighted ladies when they open up those packages- LUCKY! LUCKEEEEE!!!!

Okay- I had to share- just bought this, was thinking maybe I can do something with it for a Animal Kingdom outfit...but in bright colors...
i also bought the ballarina bears, and the princess motif cd- but my shop was selling them for $10 less.
zoo-animals-front.jpg

zoo-animals-back.jpg

ballerina-bears-back.jpg

www.anitagoodesigns.com

she uses some neat stuff to add texture- like minkie or felt for the applique

MOM2RTK....perhaps I should add you to my prayer list? WOW! But just think of all those delighted ladies when they open up those packages- LUCKY! LUCKEEEEE!!!!

Sounds like a great idea to me!! :worship::worship:

I HAVE made great progress though. I was really overwhelmed when we got back, but things are humming along right now........

You all will be the first to know when I ship off the last package!

Thanks for all the well wishes!

I've got even more good news. I just found out that we, myself and DD GoofyG, can purchase the remaining military salute tickets for $99 for 5 days that we didn't purchase in Feb. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: They have been running this promotion this year where each military person can purchase 5 companion tickets for $99 each. Originally they said you had to purchase all 5 tickets at the same time. We purchased 3 of them when we went in Feb. so we didn't think we would be able to get the remaining 2. I found out today (thanks Cheshire Figment) that they have clarified the rules for purchasing them. The computers at Guest Relations are supposed to show how many tickets have been activated for each service members ID. That means I can get our other 2 and DD, GoofyG, can get the 3 that she needs. Boy does that do wonders for the budget. She was trying to figure out how to afford her tickets.

Woo Hoo!!!!

Hi Everyone,

How are you all doing? DH is yelling at the Phillies right now, Zoey (doggie) is hiding because he is yelling) lol - but anyways,,,,

does anyone know where i can find a package of plastic kitty cats? You know, like green army men, but cats???? One of the boys I see with Autism would do anything during therpy for one - and I cant find them!!!!!! Any tips?

I think I saw some in the toy dept. at Wal-Mart. They were in a small plastic bag and they had others... zoo animals, etc.

I am just stuned looking at all the beautiful things you guys have sewn.
It makes me feel kind of silly posting mine:blush:
So here it is... my first ever vida with a molly peasant under. This is for "black and orange" day at school next week. I'll try to post some pics later of Abigail wearing it.:love:

This is the front
IMG_9669.jpg

The back
IMG_9670.jpg

With the molly peasant under.
IMG_9674.jpg

On a sad note ~ the trip for Abigail's 9th birthday is a no go. I couldn't convince dh and he has no desire to visit Florida.:sad1:

I love the fabrics in that line!! When I was at Quilt Festival last week, the first booth I stopped in had the whole line. I limited myself to one yard of the cats wearing masks. I've already made DD's halloween outfit for this year, so it will go in the stash for next year. I just wish a store in my area carried this line!

A cutie Tink ala HeatherSue!!! I am having so much fun with this...This is my 4th t-shirt since I figured out how to make it all work. I'm wishing I didn't have to work tomorrow so I could make a few more for the weekend! :laughing: I'm going to try to get a Sleeping Beauty done for Savannah, my middle DD as a surprise. We've got an ADR for Akershus on Sun. Rebecca has the LisaZoe Sleeping Beauty set I was lucky enough to win on :wizard:...I was surprised to win that! And so happy about it. And that's what I've got planned for Rebecca to wear. I'm only going over for 3 days, but could easily have 2 outfits everyday if I tried,y'all have been a bad influence in that way, making me think I really should, and it would be ok. LOL

I've got even more good news. I just found out that we, myself and DD GoofyG, can purchase the remaining military salute tickets for $99 for 5 days that we didn't purchase in Feb. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: They have been running this promotion this year where each military person can purchase 5 companion tickets for $99 each. Originally they said you had to purchase all 5 tickets at the same time. We purchased 3 of them when we went in Feb. so we didn't think we would be able to get the remaining 2. I found out today (thanks Cheshire Figment) that they have clarified the rules for purchasing them. The computers at Guest Relations are supposed to show how many tickets have been activated for each service members ID. That means I can get our other 2 and DD, GoofyG, can get the 3 that she needs. Boy does that do wonders for the budget. She was trying to figure out how to afford her tickets.

Woo Hoo!!!!
No way!! We were told we couldn't, so we bout 3 day passes at the regular discount for our second trip. Luckily, I just upgraded them to deluxe passes for disneyland, because we've already been back a third time this year! I'm hoping to make it out for the christmas stuff. I hear they have snow on main street. After living in the desert for a few years, we yearn for snow!
Have a great time!!

I was wondering if one of you could tell me the measurements of American Girl Dolls. My SIL and I are going to take our two girls to the AG store at MOA next month and I want to make them outfits to match the new dolls they are going to get :) but don't know the measurements of the dolls.

Thanks in advance

I LOVE YOUR SHIRT!!!!!! It looks great! I like the orange on black with the white mickghost!!! looks awesome - the girls are adorable too!!

Thanks!

So cute! Both of your DD's, their outfits, and your shirt! Were you at Disneyland? I know it was cold there for a few days.
Fabulous Vidas!! I love your t-shirt, too! It was COLD? COLD??? I am so jealous! It was SO HOT the whole week we were there, even at night!

I agree! Love the t-shirts, but I couldn't get past the word COLD!!!

No, we were at WDW. There was a cold snap over the weekend. It was about 54 when we got back in the car after MNSSHP Sun. It was definitely a welcome change from the heat of our August trip!!!

I got a 3 bedroom condo in Windsor Hills for less than $100 a night. :banana: Now to plan all the customs, get them sewn and get all of Christmas taken care of.:eek::santa: OMG, what have I done, I'll never get it all done.:scared1:

I'll let you figure that out tomorrow!;)

Woo Hoo!!!!

Your right, I didn't know if I could do both Christmas and Disney! If I get to do the $99 tickets I can do Disney!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Now to try to figure out Disney outfits and Christmas all together!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Here you go mom, just so you know how long!:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Here you go mom, just so you know how long!:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Yeah!! Looks like we'll be there the same time. We're staying at a house at windsor hills. I can't wait! So much sewing to do and not enough time to get it all done.

I was wondering if one of you could tell me the measurements of American Girl Dolls. My SIL and I are going to take our two girls to the AG store at MOA next month and I want to make them outfits to match the new dolls they are going to get :) but don't know the measurements of the dolls.

Thanks in advance

Ooooh, something I can help with :) This site has a chart with all the popular doll measurements :) They also have cute patterns, but I haven't tried any yet. I may need to purchase some soon as dd is getting a my twinn for xmas but first I'm trying to upsize carla's patterns for AG's before I bother ;)

http://www.morrisseydolls.com/sizechart.html

Speaking of AG dolls...has anyone else's DDs been pouring over the new AG catalog obsessively since it came in the mail wanting everything in it? :confused3 Of course, when I tell her she can't get all of that, she says, well Santa can bring some of it.:santa:

Good Luck!

I hope DD is feeling better but the flu is everywhere with schools closing down.

You can get it done, all the sewing, you are an amazing seamstress and mom. I wish I was there to help as I want something to do. But cheers for you to get it done.:cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter