Disboutiquers Part 21 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious do most of you ladies own Brother 60-stitch CS6000i Computerized Sewing Machine found at walmart for 147.54 ? Would you considered this a good starter machine? Never sewn before but would like to give it a try and see where it goes.

I know a couple of the ladies on here have that machine. I have the Brother CE5000-PRW from Walmart and haven't had any problems with it...other than user error.:rotfl2: I've had it for about 2 years now. I started sewing because of this thread...it's addictive!

Finished Products:
37913_147249981954817_100000094487162_432398_44933_n.jpg

39104_147249755288173_100000094487162_432396_1323884_n.jpg

Very cute! I love them...especially the color combos! Great job!

That is really cute! What are you wearing for the picture?

Thank you for the compliment, Teresa. I am wearing this blouse for the photo; I think they coordinate nicely :)

DSC_0208.jpg
th_38282_10150225028995074_850315073_14013270_4908386_n.jpg

My mom still has to make hers--a long sleeve tunic similar to my blouse in the same fabric but coral in color.

I know a couple of the ladies on here have that machine. I have the Brother CE5000-PRW from Walmart and haven't had any problems with it...other than user error.:rotfl2: I've had it for about 2 years now. I started sewing because of this thread...it's addictive!

Thank you Jen. but did you always sew from when you were a little girloor just learned recently? I can kick myself for not learning earlier. So here I am trying to learn as much as I can in a short period of time.:confused:

Thank you Jen. but did you always sew from when you were a little girloor just learned recently? I can kick myself for not learning earlier. So here I am trying to learn as much as I can in a short period of time.:confused:

I had only ever sewn the stuffed animal in Home Ec class in 8th grade...which I don't really count, since it was lopsided. :rotfl: I pretty much taught myself recently. I started with the Criss Cross Dress and the Simply Sweet from youcanmakethis.com. I made quite a few dresses for my girls for our 2008 trip and have been sewing here and there along the way ever since.

You can do it! There are so many helpful people on this board to cheer you on along the way too!

I had only ever sewn the stuffed animal in Home Ec class in 8th grade...which I don't really count, since it was lopsided. :rotfl: I pretty much taught myself recently. I started with the Criss Cross Dress and the Simply Sweet from youcanmakethis.com. I made quite a few dresses for my girls for our 2008 trip and have been sewing here and there along the way ever since.

You can do it! There are so many helpful people on this board to cheer you on along the way too!

Thank you for your support. Did you happen to take a sewing class? Also when you made the girls first dresses was it on a sewing machine? Trying to decide on taking a sewing class or play with it and see how it goes. The kids will be back in school Aug. 9 so i'll have a lot of time on my hands

Thank you for your support. Did you happen to take a sewing class? Also when you made the girls first dresses was it on a sewing machine? Trying to decide on taking a sewing class or play with it and see how it goes. The kids will be back in school Aug. 9 so i'll have a lot of time on my hands

I didn't take a class...I made a pillow case first, to practice sewing straight lines. Then I bought the e-book patterns and went from there. They are so much easier than commercial patterns. They take you through everything step by step with pictures. Everything I have done is with a machine. I can't sew a straight line by hand to save my life!

I didn't take a class...I made a pillow case first, to practice sewing straight lines. Then I bought the e-book patterns and went from there. They are so much easier than commercial patterns. They take you through everything step by step with pictures. Everything I have done is with a machine. I can't sew a straight line by hand to save my life!

Good to know about taking classes. Maybe i'll take just one to get familiar with the sewing machine and it's componets. Hey Jen just to make sure all you did was buy your machine, purchase your fabric, and an e-book pattern and started sewing?

2 questions
1. Janome is the closest dealer to me. Does anyone have one and love it? I have visited the store, but I need to go back and spend some time sewing there.
2. Don't laugh at this, but do you think the portrait peasant top would be a good pirate costume shirt -- for a boy? The one with long sleeves and the ruffles at the bottom? Thought I would ask before I bought the pattern.

Thank you!!

I have a Janome coverstich machine that I love. As soon as my walmart brother cs-6000i gives out I am getting a Janome mechanical sewing machine. The dealer down the street showed me one and it flew through layers of denim and was really solid. I am still shocked my brother is still kicking after all the use I put him through for the past 4 years...lol.

Help! Another Embroidery machine question!- To buy, or not to buy, that is the question...

OK, sorry I've been lurking so much lately, but things have been absolutely nuts. I stopped into my local brother shop today and they are announcing they are closing after 12 years- (my yarn shop closed last month too-ugh, the economy) Anyway, after I cried with them, I looked at a couple of the machines they're liquidating.

I'm considering a 2800D- they'll sell it for 3000 all in, and another local dealer will service it if needed, but they'll go over it thouroghly first. FWIW, the other dealer offered a best price of $4499 for it. I know others have gotten their machines cheaper in other parts of the county, and I don't know why TX is more expensive, but everyone I've talked to who's bought machines has noted they're more here.

We still have debt to pay off, but we're much more sound than we were, and my mom has offered to pay half- we have cash to cover the rest.

WWYD? I'm driving myself nuts (oh, and my birthday's in a couple of days- I've been trying to come up with something I want, but there's nothing else, and hasn't been for a year- so part of me says why should everyone waste money on something I don't want or need?- I was starting to save up for a 4500, because I'd love the jump stitch cutting, but I really think I can live without it and be pretty ok with it. The main thing I'm really wanting is a 6x10 hoop and the ability to edit designs together within the machine.

All comments are appreciated- They only have one left, and when it's gone, its gone- I'm going in at 10am tomorrow for a quick 1:1 update class on shirring/ruffling with my serger, so it would be the perfect time to get it if I decide to go forward.

THose ribbons ROCK!!!!!!!!! Did the baking stink up your house? Was it hard to actually do? I love them!!!!

So, finally heard about my serger $50 for the part and labor.....sound legit to you girls?????

Im really working on a DL trip!!! And, it looks like it will be just when their Christmas stuff is starting? It will be just DH and I .....do you think I'll need short or long sleeved shirts????
Thanks so much. the baking did not stink up the house to bad. the kitchen did have a faint plastic smell but not awful. They were very easy to make actually, just tedious.

There is a link to a tutorial in the bookmarks on page 1`of the thread...not sure if the process is exactly the same, but I have used some of the other bow making bookmarks on there.
I saw the other bow making tuts on page 1 but I do not have a glue gun yet to do the stacked bows yet.

Very cute! I love them...especially the color combos! Great job!
Thanks

Oh no!!! OUCH! I hope you feel better fast!
Thanks I can finally walk on it with no crutches or walker, it's the bending it that hurts.

Okay, now that I have actually SEWN something, I feel I can show my face around here again. ;)

FINALLY finished the dress for a future photo session for me, my DD, and my mom (hopefully to take place in the next month or so)....here is a picture of it!

38282_10150225028995074_850315073_14013270_4908386_n.jpg

37896_10150225029065074_850315073_14013273_1986506_n.jpg

It was a Simplicity pattern and I did the 1/2 size.

NOW I can start working on the 9 outfits I have planned for our December Disney trip. But first I need to practice my applique techniques....and having a working printer would be a great first step in that direction. LOL

very cute! What size is your daughter in normally for you to make the 1/2 size?

Good to know about taking classes. Maybe i'll take just one to get familiar with the sewing machine and it's componets. Hey Jen just to make sure all you did was buy your machine, purchase your fabric, and an e-book pattern and started sewing?

Yep...that's all!

Jen you rock:cool1::cool1: Hey do anyone have a link to the instructions on how to make the bows where you "put them in the oven" ? like Disneymom1218 did I can't seem to find them. Please:worship:

Wow, some amazingly talented people here! Does anyone by chance know of a knitting pattern for mouse ears? I would like to make the kiddos some for our dec trip. I have seen crochet ears, but I can't crochet. Thanks in advance!

ok so I got 3 done I think they turned out great :confused3 but what do I know? I am knew to this whole bow making , clothes making boutique stuff :D

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

I only started sewing about 2 years ago. My mom sewed all my clothes when I was growing up but I never cared to learn.....until I found the DIS. I credit the DIS and CarlaC (aka the Scientific Seamstress) for getting me hooked on sewing.

By the way, thank you sooooo much for your kind PM. It truly made my day. But I am not one of the gals you are looking for, I only sew for my guys.

One more vida completed for a customer...
37775_1152710154739_1737227318_277174_3427507_n.jpg

39677_1152710194740_1737227318_277175_7710854_n.jpg

I love the fabrics, so vibrant!

Okay, now that I have actually SEWN something, I feel I can show my face around here again. ;)

FINALLY finished the dress for a future photo session for me, my DD, and my mom (hopefully to take place in the next month or so)....here is a picture of it!

38282_10150225028995074_850315073_14013270_4908386_n.jpg

37896_10150225029065074_850315073_14013273_1986506_n.jpg

It was a Simplicity pattern and I did the 1/2 size.

NOW I can start working on the 9 outfits I have planned for our December Disney trip. But first I need to practice my applique techniques....and having a working printer would be a great first step in that direction. LOL

Good luck with the printer, your dress is very cute!

Hello everyone.

I am not sewing this week or for a while as I fell last Saturday and have severely sprained my ankle. I tried to use the pedal with my left foot and it is a no go. I am a right footed person. So I am going to try my hand at bow making while I am propped up and healing. I will post pics as soon as they are done.

wish me luck.

Sorry about the ankle but I'm impressed with your bows. I am trying to patiently wait for my DGD to grow enough hair for a bow!

Hi Everyone....Just wanted to share some exciting news and give a drive by post. Last week some of my boutique items were picked up by a boutique on the east end of Long Island, and today I had a meeting at another boutique on the harbor in a neighboring town to the one I live in & they are going to carry a bunch of my items too! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

On a side note, I have been mia for the past few days as my dd Gianna was stunting during her cheer practice and the other girl base-ing with her fell into her & that girls front tooth ended up in Gianna's forehead. After 3 hours in the ER and a few stitches later we are getting back to normal. But that means no camp for her all week (no work time for me), no swimming, cheer, trampoline, etc for a week (at least). I guess I am getting a taste of what it is like being an all star cheer mom :scared1: :cheer2:

Everyone's latest creations look great, I need to get in gear, my trip is slowly creeping up and I have made next to nothing!!!

Have a great weekend all!

Wow! How exciting for you! Good luck with your new business ventures and good luck to Gianna, it sounds like a scary spot for her!

ok so I got 3 done I think they turned out great :confused3 but what do I know? I am knew to this whole bow making , clothes making boutique stuff :D

Getting ready to start:
37648_147250481954767_100000094487162_432401_346394_n.jpg

16 Ribbons ready to bake:
39763_147250238621458_100000094487162_432399_2332609_n.jpg

Finished Products:
37913_147249981954817_100000094487162_432398_44933_n.jpg

I love them!

very cute! What size is your daughter in normally for you to make the 1/2 size?

Thank you. She is currently in 6 - 9 month size (and 12 month at Children's Place).

Good luck with the printer, your dress is very cute!

Thank you. I think we are going to try completely uninstalling it from both computers and reinstalling it. We have a Mac and a PC (laptop) accessing it via Bluetooth and all of a sudden they all just quit cooperating. The Mac and printer started fighting first and now the Toshiba decided to get in on it, I guess. LOL It's especially frustrating since I found a font I really liked to try learning by appliqueing a "K"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter