Disboutiquers Part 21 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning ladies. This is my first time posting. We are in the very beginning stages of planning our fist Disney trip which won't be until December 2011 so I have lost of time to plan outfits and sew! I tried to keep up with the last thread - but it moves so fast! I will probably have a hard time keeping up here too.

Anyway I haven't done much Disney-specific sewing except for this outfit which has been very popular in my Etsy shop:

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4386.jpg

I am getting lots of ideas on here and can't wait until my sewing schedule slows down enough that I can start trying them. I am going to be making my girls a Jesse shorts set to go to the Toy Story 3 premier!

I was at the DMV (again)- I missed the move- I want to be on page 1!!! Waaaaa!!!

I made it! Thank you, Tour Guide Teresa for making our move easy! And even while you're on vacation! What a gal! :)

I'm hoping to take some pictures of my newest custom today - a Cindy dress for Ella to wear at BBB. I want to go to a park and get some actual pretty pictures. Oh, and we got our first petti in the mail the other day, too, so I need pics of that too!

I'm here. We are still in the process of moving, so I've been lurking, but I am here. I am planning customs for our Nov. trip so will hopefully have some projects to share soon.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

I have been so busy these past few days. I think I missed about 10 pages on the last thread. Sorry I missed so much! I did see Linette's creations! They were so cute! Love the Tink! Anyway, I made the move!

Good morning ladies. This is my first time posting. We are in the very beginning stages of planning our fist Disney trip which won't be until December 2011 so I have lost of time to plan outfits and sew! I tried to keep up with the last thread - but it moves so fast! I will probably have a hard time keeping up here too.

Anyway I haven't done much Disney-specific sewing except for this outfit which has been very popular in my Etsy shop:

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4386.jpg

I am getting lots of ideas on here and can't wait until my sewing schedule slows down enough that I can start trying them. I am going to be making my girls a Jesse shorts set to go to the Toy Story 3 premier!

That is so cute! Is it reversible? I'd love to see the back!!!

:woohoo: I didnt get lost! :lmao: just checking in, I am headed to my corner:rotfl2: in my dining room to get some sewing done today

What's with the sneak attack? Moving 6 pages early and not even telling your little sister? Didn't think I could handle posting the new thread, did yah?
:snooty:

Teresa, I loved the tram picture!

Jumping on the train as well! Those other 250 pages had my head spinning with all the sewing goodness, I couldnt keep up. Now to find pictures and start posting again. Or maybe just sit back and resume my scroll and drool..... :D
Scroll and drool! Love it!

Here! And I met Carla yesterday!!!! And I got to meet Nicole K too!!! And her sweet little Hannah! I drove down to the Sis Boom sale yesterday with both of my girls. We had a great time, Lauren was sad when we had to leave. I was so happy to finally meet Carla and Louis. Lauren and Louis ran around playing like old friends while we ladies chatted. I had my camera but left it in the car - oops! Carla has a pic of all of us together though.
Lauren woke up this morning and the first thing she told me was that she missed Louis.

FromLauren:
;):surfweb::lmao::confused3:love::wizard::santa:popcorn:::laundy:pirate::grouphug:
I know I've told you a couple of times, but that is so cool! It's so sweet that Lauren and Louie hit it off so well! Well, that all of you hit it off so well!

I knew we'd move today, but I didn't miss it, yea!!! I spent more than an hour waiting in line to get tickets to my DD's dance recital. This is the first year they haven't done general seating, so if you want center front, you need to get there early. I got there on time, and was probably 30th in line. I overheard some mothers saying they got there at 5:30am and were 5th in line. Guess I'm a slacker mom. DH disagrees because I also overheard someone else saying she volunteered to get tix for several families, and she bought 50. :eek: He says the slacker moms are the ones who let their friend wait in line.
Fifty tickets?? That's just not fair! Did you get good seats?

th_IMG_4654.jpg
Very cute! I can't wait to see the Toy Story outfit you make!

I made it! Thank you, Tour Guide Teresa for making our move easy! And even while you're on vacation! What a gal! :)

I'm hoping to take some pictures of my newest custom today - a Cindy dress for Ella to wear at BBB. I want to go to a park and get some actual pretty pictures. Oh, and we got our first petti in the mail the other day, too, so I need pics of that too!
Oooh!!! I can't wait to see the Cindy dress!!!!

Fifty tickets?? That's just not fair! Did you get good seats?

Yea, so not fair! Lucky for me this theatre has pretty good seats in most locations, so I'm happy with what I got. It's usually videoed, and I always buy the DVD, so if I do miss anything I can catch it again later.

I'm reposting this because I'm sure it got lost in the move...for those of you using comic boards for your fabric, what size do you use? Amazon has a few different sizes, and I'm not sure what I need. Most of my stash is in 2 yard pieces. Thanks! I'm ready to get organized.

I'm reposting this because I'm sure it got lost in the move...for those of you using comic boards for your fabric, what size do you use? Amazon has a few different sizes, and I'm not sure what I need. Most of my stash is in 2 yard pieces. Thanks! I'm ready to get organized.

Mine are 7x10 1/2. I think that was the smaller size of the 2 at my comic book store. They fit nicely on my bookself.

Hi! Page 3, not bad! Things are crazy here! I have a lot of Disney sewing going on along with 2 more days of school and then finals! Busy, busy, busy!

Yea, so not fair! Lucky for me this theatre has pretty good seats in most locations, so I'm happy with what I got. It's usually videoed, and I always buy the DVD, so if I do miss anything I can catch it again later.

I wasn't ignoring you, I just didn't use comic book cardboards on my fabric. I just made a folding template around the size of my shelf and folded them that way. If the fabric was thin and flimsy, I used a safety pin to secure it.

Just had to share this, only you guys would appreciate it.
I just started Toy Story 2 for DGD4 to watch. Every time I start a Disney movie and the castle comes on the tv my DGD4 screams "MY CASTLE!!!". :lmao:She thinks that is her castle (and the one at the park) and no one else's!!!

oh, this is my first time moving, I'm glad I made it!!!

Ok, quickie question. I did an applique shirt late last night, and I had my fabric a teenie tiny bit off so when it did the tacking stitch, a tiny spot of the applique fabric didn't get tacked down, it was too small. I was hoping the satin stitch would get it (it was that close) Well, the shirt is certainly wearable and looks great but if I pull at that spot I can see that's it's going to pop out and fray, probably when I was it. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Something to permanently hold it down? I could always do a slightly larger satin stitch over it, but it might look funny? Clear nail polish maybe ??(that's all I could think of!)

Just had to share this, only you guys would appreciate it.
I just started Toy Story 3 for DGD4 to watch. Every time I start a Disney movie and the castle comes on the tv my DGD4 screams "MY CASTLE!!!". :lmao:She thinks that is her castle (and the one at the park) and no one else's!!!

That is so funny because Mary does the same thing but screams "it's Mommy's castle and my castle" I guess Daddy and Sissy are on their own

oh, this is my first time moving, I'm glad I made it!!!

Ok, quickie question. I did an applique shirt late last night, and I had my fabric a teenie tiny bit off so when it did the tacking stitch, a tiny spot of the applique fabric didn't get tacked down, it was too small. I was hoping the satin stitch would get it (it was that close) Well, the shirt is certainly wearable and looks great but if I pull at that spot I can see that's it's going to pop out and fray, probably when I was it. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Something to permanently hold it down? I could always do a slightly larger satin stitch over it, but it might look funny? Clear nail polish maybe ??(that's all I could think of!)

You can try Fray Check or Fray Block. I use Fray Block and it is washable.

I am getting closer to 1st page. Third page isn't bad for me!!!

I am so excited - I found awsome light blue damask fabric with glitter accents at JoAnn's yesterday- Guess who is going to make a wonderful Cinderella dress. I can't wait to get started.

Two Questions- I need Mary Poppins embroidery designs quickly (before Tues). We are going to the touring Mary Poppins on Wed and I am making a dress - of course. I am making the skirt with carosel (sp) horses on the bottom and hiopefully Mary Poppins on top. Does anyone know where to look?
Is the carosel horses in the play version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter