• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 4ish Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
th_image192.jpg

Cute! I love the shot, keep it around to embarrass him later, for sure! Hey, I have that same shirt!

I wish my case came out that good, really pretty. And the second dress looks like it straight from Gymboree!

That is Tom's dress that you CASEd. Stephres made one to CASE Tom's dress. I think that all three of them are just adorable.

Thanks for giving me up! :rotfl: That one definitely looks more like Tom's than mine, much better case!

Just wanted to drop by and say hello to everyone.... I haven't had a chance to do much sewing lately.....couple weeks ago, I had a gallbladder attack (my second one) and the ultrasound showed a pretty big stone, so I am off to see a surgeon tomorrow afternoon to talk about surgery. Oh what fun! A week after that, I had an allergic reaction to something and broke out in hives from head to toe and up to this day, I still have no idea what cause it! Right now..we are pretty much living in chaos...the kids went upstair into our master bath and left the water running at the sink, and it flooded the whole bathroom, part of the master bedroom and closet, and the water came leaking through downstairs into our laundry room, downstairs bathroom and the garage! Quite a bit of damage was done since I didn't discover the water until at least 1 1/2 hours later! All the rooms are still being dried by these huge industrial dryer/fans right now, and the guy just came and checked and it is still wet. All the flooring had to be completely removed in the master bath, and insulation removed from the walls, and through the ceiling in the garage!

Jenny

I hope things get better for you! :hug: I hope the water damage isn't too bad and the surgery goes smoothly.

Cute! Great job on the applique. It is just perfect.

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyones little guy has ever had hernia surgery. My little nephew, Tim (the one with the blue face in my picture) was in the ER today - he had a fever (2 of his sisters have strep) and an enlargement. Well, he had to have a few studies done and an MRI and they said he has a hydrocele which is like a hernia that will need surgery to repair!!! poor little guy - i hope it can be done before surgery - we are a beach loving family!!!

All the customs look great! To all you leaving for trips have a GREAT time!!

Wendy

:hug: I hope everything goes well.

DSC00444.jpg

I think it came out pretty good.

Pretty good? It came out beautifully! Great job and I still think I should pick up that fabric.

So cute! I can't pass by a store without checking the shower curtains, thanks to you. I ordered that pattern, the marieke, from :wizard: and just got it today.

Do you sew as much for your older daughters? Do you make more grown-up outfits for them? I am worried that my daughter is quickly outgrowing the cutsie stuff. I have been lucky so far, but I am worried that next school year she will tell me new more sewing! :sad1:

Sophee is so cute! That is perfect. How did you find shiny ric rac, it is just beautiful with the dress.

Thanks! She is my little Ham! I love photography and there is SO much to learn. To be honest, I was using the Macro setting in Auto Mode for all of the pictures. I bought a DSLR camera and still do not know how to use it! lol, I guess one day i will figure it out because if I do not, i think DH might kill me for what I spent on teh camera I Just HAD to have since it was a DSLR! lol Cant wait to get pretty frilly pictures so I can get twirlling shots! I am so excited for that! :cool1: SO ask Corey if he can help me with the DSLR settings! :rotfl2: cause for real I need HELP! lol

Corey said you were using the macro setting. Smart boy my Corey! I'm sure he would tell me to tell you to just send that DSLR on over to Michigan, and he'll figure it all out for you! :thumbsup2 My Dad got a DSLR the other day for $250. Which, from what I gather from Corey is a pretty good deal! It was a $500 camera, but it was on clearance. I tried to convince my Dad that he REALLY bought it for Corey, but he suddenly went deaf and didn't hear me! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Someday I want to get him one of those! It was a year ago that we bought him his first digital camera, as compensation for being stuck between two huge carseats in one tiny rental car! :crowded:
(COOL! I've never got to use that smiley before!!!) :rotfl2:
So here is the latest and greatest. :)

th_Oz006.jpg
th_Oz008.jpg
th_Oz002.jpg
th_Oz001.jpg
Oz004.jpg

Aimee, Sophee is so gorgeous!!! Those eyes! Seriously, is there anything she asks for that you could deny her when she looks at you with that cute face!? I love this outfit!

Cute! I love the shot, keep it around to embarrass him later, for sure! Hey, I have that same shirt!

th_image198.jpg
th_IMG_3199.jpg
th_image192.jpg

Don't you just love the finger up the nose pose!!

I had that shirt too, but it didn't fit right, so Heather bought it from me and gave it to Barbara! I loved it, so I was very disapointed it didn't fit! I had the Eeyore one too that looks similar to a tatoo. Heather bought that one for herself.

Leslie, you should have heard Lydia when she saw Matthew's picture!!! She was simply appalled!!! "I can NOT believe that little boy is having his picture taken with his finger IN his NOSE!!!"" This of course is all the more funny, because at any given moment Lydia is striking the same pose!!! :scared1:

Teresa and Heather...I can't believe your trip is practically here! I remember when there was no ticker b/c it was just too far off for one! I hope you ladies have an AWESOME trip and we all expect tons of pics and maybe a trip report or two when you get back!

Have a safe and fun trip!!!

And, are you ladies going to try and start a new thread before you leave (since we are on page 246 now)?

Just wanted to drop by and say hello to everyone.... I haven't had a chance to do much sewing lately.....couple weeks ago, I had a gallbladder attack (my second one) and the ultrasound showed a pretty big stone, so I am off to see a surgeon tomorrow afternoon to talk about surgery. Oh what fun! A week after that, I had an allergic reaction to something and broke out in hives from head to toe and up to this day, I still have no idea what cause it! Right now..we are pretty much living in chaos...the kids went upstair into our master bath and left the water running at the sink, and it flooded the whole bathroom, part of the master bedroom and closet, and the water came leaking through downstairs into our laundry room, downstairs bathroom and the garage! Quite a bit of damage was done since I didn't discover the water until at least 1 1/2 hours later! All the rooms are still being dried by these huge industrial dryer/fans right now, and the guy just came and checked and it is still wet. All the flooring had to be completely removed in the master bath, and insulation removed from the walls, and through the ceiling in the garage!
OH NO!!!!:scared1: That would be so upsetting!!

I hope your health issue get worked out and you're all better for your trip. :hug:

th_Patpatrocketdress007.jpg

Pat Pat is appliquéd on the bodice using Heather's tutorial. I hand embroidered the headlights and the rocket fire power. The pattern was winged but based on CarlaC's strip-work jumper pattern. I winged the back part and this was the first time I shirred. DH looked at the shirring and even said "That looks fancy. I like it."
It's adorable!! Great job! I just love it when you guys mention using my tutorial! It makes all the work worthwhile. :cloud9:

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyones little guy has ever had hernia surgery. My little nephew, Tim (the one with the blue face in my picture) was in the ER today - he had a fever (2 of his sisters have strep) and an enlargement. Well, he had to have a few studies done and an MRI and they said he has a hydrocele which is like a hernia that will need surgery to repair!!! poor little guy - i hope it can be done before surgery - we are a beach loving family!!!

Wendy
:hug: I don't have any personal experience with this kind of surgery. But, you remind me a bit of myself in that you dearly love your nieces and nephews. So, I know how worried you must be. I had a friend who's son had hernia surgery as a baby and he was fine.

My DD had hernia surgery shortly after she came home. SHE was fine. I on the other hand set a whole new example of a BASKET CASE.We had a WONDERFUL surgeon. He was the best. It was done in a "out patient: clinic type thing. She slept most of the day she came home. Her recovery was a few days and she was fine. I on the other hand STILL have not recovered

On the "funny" side......... Morgan (yes Teresajoy SWEET Morgan :lmao: ) KICKED a nurse in the head , (In her defense the nurse was REALLY mean, I wanted to kick her too:rolleyes1 ). The nurse kept insisting that Morgan could not leave until she drank some apple juice-ummm HELLO she is allergic to apple! Our surgeon came over and told the nurse to back off or he would turn me loose on her.

Hummm wonder why he said THAT?

Here's what I get out of this story- if I just tell the next doctor I go to that I'm allergic to ignorance/stupidity, I'll be allowed to kick him/her in the head!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I LIKE it!!!

For anyone looking at sewing machines or patterns and they want to read reviews I highly recommend the following web****

www.patternreview.com
you will need the model # of the machine to narrow results
I love this site! If I buy a new pattern, I like to do a search for it on there. It's in the bookmarks, somewhere.

th_DSC00444.jpg

I think it came out pretty good.
It's beautiful! This is exactly how I pictured it would look. You did a wonderful job!

th_bee7.jpg
th_lobster5.jpg
th_bf0.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! Candice
These are just too cute!! Tessa would love that Butterfly jumper!

Saw Anita Renfro the comediene today- you girls need to check her out-

Here's Anita...The Mom Song- to the William Tell Overture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxT5NwQUtVM
I've seen her on a few talk shows and she's hilarous!

Do dissers still display LGMH while at the world???
We most certainly do!! Here's what Teresa and I will be sportin':
DoyouDisHeatherSue.jpg

DoyouDisTeresaJoy.jpg

Oh yeah, Teresa, I made you some laminated Mickey heads like the above pictures- 3 of them.

ETA: I'm sorry they're so big, they will not actually be that big in person!

That is so cute! Look at Sophee's huge eyes- so pretty! This is my favorite Wizard of Oz outfit that you've made.

I had that shirt too, but it didn't fit right, so Heather bought it from me and gave it to Barbara! I loved it, so I was very disapointed it didn't fit! I had the Eeyore one too that looks similar to a tatoo. Heather bought that one for herself.
I was hoping to keep it for myself, but I am an unfortunate Diser. I look AWFUL in lime green. Seriously, my whole face turns green when I wear that color. It ain't perty!

This is very cute. Love the applique rocket!

Oh Jenny! :hug: I am so sorry you are having souch a rough time! I hope you are feeling ok now.

I HATE water problems. There is not much that stresses me out more than having water where it should NOT be (seriously it's like an odd phobia or something). Unfortunately, we have a lot of leaky pipes in this house. So, I can only imagine how horrible that is for you to have your house flooded like that! I hope everything gets cleaned up and back in order soon! :hug:

You sould like you've had a tough few weeks. I hope your house dries out! :hug:

Thanks! Dh and I can't wait for them to get those fan/dryers out of the house. They are loud, and the dehumidifiers make the air so dry.

Hi Everyone,

Wendy

I have no experience with the surgery, but wanted to send some prayers and positive thought your little nephew's way!

th_bee7.jpg
th_lobster5.jpg
th_bf9.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! Candice

Beautiful!! I love them all.

th_Oz006.jpg
th_Oz001.jpg
th_Oz004.jpg

Your dd is so adorable, so is the custom!!! Love the one of her picking flowers.

Teresa and Heather...I can't believe your trip is practically here! I remember when there was no ticker b/c it was just too far off for one! I hope you ladies have an AWESOME trip and we all expect tons of pics and maybe a trip report or two when you get back!

Have a safe and fun trip!!!

And, are you ladies going to try and start a new thread before you leave (since we are on page 246 now)?

I know, my ticker says ONE day!! Teresa is leaving TODAY for Detroit! So, why am I on here instead of packing, you ask? It's because I love y'all so much! :grouphug:

Teresa or I will start a new thread at page 249, which could be later today, at this rate! We're both bringing our computers on vacation, too. Teresa has high speed internet in the house she's renting and I have mobile broadband, so we will stay connected on vacation.

Oz006.jpg

Oz008.jpg

Oz002.jpg

Oz001.jpg

Oz004.jpg
Aimee that is just too cute. Your little girl is just too adorable.

Heather- have fun packing. We will be here when you get back. Probably on a new thread, but we'll still be here.

Last night I had a dream that it was the day that we were supposed to be leaving and nothing was packed and I wasn't even done sewing. :scared1: I was actually panicing.

All the newest customs are beautiful!!! I love the Dorothy dress.

Ribbon for ties question: have you used a sheer ribbon before? I am having a hard time matching up blues for the tink outfit and I have a sheer white I thought of using. I didn't know if it holds up well to washings. I guess I could always do a fabric tie, but the one for the pattern is too wide for my liking.

First off thanks so much for all the kind words about my little Dorothy. Thank goodness she is cute!!! It was May Day yesterday and our plan was to walk around historic downtown Annapolis and check out the May baskets. Well it rained!!!! So we went to the mall instead. LOL Sophee saw and stuffed Lucky and batted her eyes. My Dad bought it. :)

Steph- the ric rac is from the by the yard trim section at Jo Ann's. :

Finally TJ and HS have a fantastic trip!!!!!!!

All the newest customs are beautiful!!! I love the Dorothy dress.

Ribbon for ties question: have you used a sheer ribbon before? I am having a hard time matching up blues for the tink outfit and I have a sheer white I thought of using. I didn't know if it holds up well to washings. I guess I could always do a fabric tie, but the one for the pattern is too wide for my liking.

I have used ribbon for ties, just make sure you heat seal the ends of the ribbon or use fray check. I perfer to use fabric to ribbon because I feel it holds up better in teh long run. I ALWAYS make my own strays and do not follow the directions for the straps because I like mine to be smaller and sturdy. Her is how I do it (If I can get it to make sense):

I cut a strip of fabric 4 inche wide by however long I need the straps to be.

fold it in half and iron (wrong sides of the fabric are together. Print will be showing)

OPen it up, Fold in the sides in so that they meet in the middle of the fabric.

Iron closed

Sew, of course you have to finish one end if the end will be visable. Before ironing in teh last step, just fold one of the ends over and then continue.

it makes straps that are a great size for little ones and they are thicker which makes them not so flappyish (IS that a word) and they have body to them. In every pattern I use that calls for straps, I make it this way. You can make the strap wider by cutting wider or narrower by cuttingsmaller. Works out well :thumbsup2

First off thanks so much for all the kind words about my little Dorothy. Thank goodness she is cute!!! It was May Day yesterday and our plan was to walk around historic downtown Annapolis and check out the May baskets. Well it rained!!!! So we went to the mall instead. LOL Sophee saw and stuffed Lucky and batted her eyes. My Dad bought it. :)

Steph- the ric rac is from the by the yard trim section at Jo Ann's. :

Finally TJ and HS have a fantastic trip!!!!!!!

Are you from Maryland???????????

I live in Maryland! lol

I am seriously doing the happy dance here!

I booked my airfare for our December vacation about a month ago with the only airline that had flights open. I got it for $99 per person each way.

I just checked today, just to see what the rates were and the flight to Orlando is $154 per person and $171 for the return flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am excited I got such a great deal on airfare because I was a little worried it would be outragous but I am :banana: doing the happy dance I got a good deal!

Heather and Teresa - I hope you have a truly magnificent trip!!! Take loads of pictures too ;)

HEATHER AND TERESA and family have a WONDERFUL trip! And Luke says tell Tessa I love her and have fun!

I am seriously doing the happy dance here!

I booked my airfare for our December vacation about a month ago with the only airline that had flights open. I got it for $99 per person each way.

I just checked today, just to see what the rates were and the flight to Orlando is $154 per person and $171 for the return flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am excited I got such a great deal on airfare because I was a little worried it would be outragous but I am :banana: doing the happy dance I got a good deal!

I hear ya on that! I bought our r/t tix back in August for $218/person. I checked our exact flights a week ago and it was over $1,000/person!:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: I patted myself on the back for buying them early like that.

I have used ribbon for ties, just make sure you heat seal the ends of the ribbon or use fray check. I perfer to use fabric to ribbon because I feel it holds up better in teh long run. I ALWAYS make my own strays and do not follow the directions for the straps because I like mine to be smaller and sturdy. Her is how I do it (If I can get it to make sense):

I cut a strip of fabric 4 inche wide by however long I need the straps to be.

fold it in half and iron (wrong sides of the fabric are together. Print will be showing)

OPen it up, Fold in the sides in so that they meet in the middle of the fabric.

Iron closed

Sew, of course you have to finish one end if the end will be visable. Before ironing in teh last step, just fold one of the ends over and then continue.

We may have to try that. Thanks for the tip.

Any of my fellow Disboutiquer's ....could one of you use a 2007 Unofficial Guide to WDW?
I was going thru some stuff this morning and I really dont need a copy from every year...

These are adorable!!! I especially love the Tinkerbell!! I think it was Stephres that made a similar one. I'm thinking I'm going to have to make one of these when we get back! What pattern did you use for the 2nd dress? It's so cute!

the patterns is simplity's project runway collection #3510. Thanks for the compliments everyone! oh and Stephres your dress is beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter