Disboutiquers Part 8 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it! I am on the 2nd page! Yeah! Kids start school today which means I start too. I told them we won't start till after I am fully awake. I have been really busy at work lately but I finally have a few days off so I hope to share some projects that are done or just about done!

Happy "Back 2 School" day for all the kiddos! I want to go back to school. Yesterday I went to Mass at the Church where I received all my sacraments and Ash was baptized (we don't normally go there because there is a Catholic Church literally across the street from my house!). Yesterday was my grandfather's memorial mass so the whole family went there. Well the Church property also contains the K-8 school I went to (and Aisling will be going to hopefully :wizard: ) I was so nostalgic for school! Not even college...elementary school!!!! I even got a little teary thinking that I was so old that now I had a child ready to go there :sad2: Yay, I know...I need therapy :rotfl:

Im here. I made it all on my own, but made it non the less. Got a lot to do today, but will be checking in throughout the day. Could use your prayers, my Father In Law has been in the hospital for about a month. They cut 2 toes off about a week ago. 6 am this morning they called that family up to the hospital. :confused3 So, thats where husband is now. thanks guys.

Im here. I made it all on my own, but made it non the less. Got a lot to do today, but will be checking in throughout the day. Could use your prayers, my Father In Law has been in the hospital for about a month. They cut 2 toes off about a week ago. 6 am this morning they called that family up to the hospital. :confused3 So, thats where husband is now. thanks guys.

Oh no! Prayers Said. Here is a little :grouphug: for your family.

:hug:I hope the outcome is ok.

:hug: So sorry to hear this Michelle, you will be in my thoughts and prayers today :hug:

Hi...phew...I made it...I'm here!!!

It was hard runnung to catch up....

We had another great family weekend. I love that DH of mine. He totally gets that things are rough with his dad! He got me out (well okay the kids too).

We had a Yard Sale on Saturday to clean out our back building. I am in the process of starting an at home business and need the space empty. I now just have to get cleaning and painting. But I am excited because I'm going to use part of the space to set up for my sewing too! Yep...that's a :banana: :banana: :banana: ...

Sunday we went to the zoo...so you want to see pictures do you? Oh okay...let them fininsh loading and I'll post in a few.:lmao:

Have a great Monday everyone!:goodvibes

I made it! thanks Kristine!

Oh no i am so sorry!:grouphug:

I am so frustrated! I was making a purse las night using fusible fleece and my machine jammed so bad I can't get it to work with out making this horrid noise and dragging the material down to the bobbin area! UGH! So After 2 hours of working on it I decided to give up and take my machine into the dealer today. Fro pete sake it is only a month old! :scared1: :mad: :headache: :headache: :headache: I really hope they can fix it and have it right back to me today. Just in case i brought out my old machine which is on its last leg and figured I would try to make it work and got it going for now. So I will use that. I have stopped working on the purse with the fusible fleece since I realized every time my machine jams really bad it is because of fusible fleece! What am I doing wrong??????????? I might have to just sew another material behind the fusible fleece then cut it close to the seem so it doesn't add bulk. I might even email the author of the pattern and see if they have a suggestion. I can tell you this I am not using my new good machine for fusible fleece any more!!!! I have decided once it is fixed my old machine will be the one who does the purses! :headache:
Any suggestions?!?!?!?!?!?

Also if every one can please say a little prayer for one of my very good friends little boys. He has been having some bladder issues then they found out he was legally blind then next thing you know it his eyes are getting worse. He has been tested for so many thing and on so many meds to try to help him. Well some one suggested testing him for diabetes and their ped was a butt and didn't want to. So my girlfriend found a fried with one of those home testing machines and his numbers where crazy high! They tested his twin brother too since they pretty much eat the same thing. So today they are going to another ped begging again now with some proof to test him more seriously! I pray if this is it that they can get him leveled out and he can gain some of his site back he is only 5 and the sweetest kid.

Tereeeeeeeesaaaaaaaaaa.....I was trying to follow Stephanie, but she wouldn't hold my hand. Plus, she stuck her tongue out at me!!!:snooty:

Hi HeatherSUe,

It would be cute if Sawyer was Woody, but Buzz would also be cute cause isnt that who Jesse fell for?????
I'm leaning towards not making a Woody costume. But, he didn't want to put the Buzz costume on AT ALL! I think it's because it's so confining. So, I'll have to wait and see if he warms up to it!

My husband and I are paranoid about this too! Don't know if I mentioned it before, but my Dad owns funeral homes (he's a funeral director) and my DH and I remember them burying a soldier's son (stationed in Germany at the time) who was about 20 months. He had been playing with a balloon and it popped. When the balloon popped it startled him and he opened his mouth and inhaled the popped balloon. They were unable to save him unfortunately.
That is the same way my friend's nephew died. :sad:

I NEED to know where you got that Mickey fabric. Really - I do - it's great!
It's an ironing board cover! I wish I had fabric like that! I bought it at Disneyshopping.com for $7 on clearance a few weeks ago.

th_IMG_1220-1.jpg
th_IMG_1223-1.jpg
th_IMG_1263-1.jpg
th_IMG_1275-1.jpg
Tessa was laughing so hard at the picture of Luke that she was snorting. She also HAD to call her Grandma right away and tell her about it!:rotfl:

I love the bedding you made for Lily's baby. So cute! I bet she loved it!

Her birthday outfit turned out adorable, especially for a last minute thing!

Look at that beautiful Jayden!! BTW,
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

10.gif

JAYDEN!!

WOW!! I am in love with that fabric!! It's fantastic! Such a pretty dress!

Can someone please explain to me how they get gathers so even. :confused3 I think I'm useless at it. I'm so scared to cut the Friends around the World fabric for Ash's Epcot oufit and make my first Simply Sweet top because I'm terrified of doing the gathers. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I'm not being patient enough????
I do everything pretty much the same as Steph said, but I zig zag over a heavy thread (dental floss works) instead of running two rows of stitching. I'm going to try Steph's way, though. I don't use my ruffler for gathering a skirt because I can't get it exactly the right length that way.

I dont want to interrupt the chat but that POOH custom is adorable! Absolutely beautiful!
You are most certainly not interrupting!! That's what we do on here, compliment one another, chat, post stuff!

Question for all you super smart sewing ladies, I am just a beginner sewer, I have a new Brother Project Runway Edition machine. I followed the directions threading needle and bobbin. The first time I did a practice run, the needle kept coming unthreaded. So I rethreaded, now when practicing and I lift the presser foot to pull fabric away, there are like three threads coming out from the bobbin area, and the needle came unthreaded again. Does anybody understand my runaround question? Basically just asking if there seems to be anything I am doing wrong:confused3 . I have not had to much time to play around with it but daughter and I are anxious to get started, we are starting with a pillow as beginner project. Thanks so much !!
Sometimes that will happen if the top thread is getting caught on something, or if it's not threaded right. You might want to read the manual and make sure you've got everything in the right spot, too. I've had the thread get caught on the little slit in the spool and this kept happening to me. So, I put the little slit in the spool at the top so it doesn't get caught up. I hope I'm making sense.

I'm here. For those that don't know - I was gone for 10 days doing administrative support work for Hurrican Dolly disaster relief. It was very long days, and, at times, quite tedious. By the time I got home, I was exhausted. My DH insisted that we take vacation time when I returned so that we could spend time together as a family. We spent a few days doing fun stuff. I came home to a big backlog of sewing orders (which still aren't complete) and that went right into my completing decorations for a wedding that was to be this weekend. I'm home now, but this is my children's last week of summer break. I'll be spending most of the week getting last minute detail work done for school, and trying to get my children back on "school schedule". I've not had time to do much more than lurk.
:hug: Glad you're back!

The bigger appliques are definitely easier. But, let me just say, your machine work looks fantastic!!! I can't believe you did so well on your first pieced applique!! Did you draw/trace Cinderella's face on the fabric before you hand embroidered? I like to use a pencil to lightly draw it on so I can follow the lines.

What you said about Heather and the nightgown has made me cry!!! How sweet!!! Heather is such a fantastic Mommy!
You made me cry! That means so much coming from my sister! :hug:

I know! When you come to Chicago to check out Doorway to Dreams there is a huge Ikea there with a kids play center! My girlfriend and I meet there drop the kids off for a bit wonder in peace then pick them up and grab lunch and a few times they let us drop the kids off again:lmao: I know bad mommies!
WHAT??? I missed an IKEA opportunity last year??? Plus you can LEAVE the kids with someone? WHAT??? I will definitely have to come back!!!

what I really wanted to asked you was If you have to make a cinderella sundress , (trying to stay true to the blue outfit) how will you make it a sundress ,I want to make a cinderella sundress but I am not too confortable sewing sleeves (have not done it in a while)

Linnette
I would try the simply sweet sundress with ruffled straps to make it a sundress.

Well COMPLETELY OT...today is my first day of South Beach. Wish me luck
Good luck! I said I was going to start Weight Watchers again today, but so far I haven't....

Im here. I made it all on my own, but made it non the less. Got a lot to do today, but will be checking in throughout the day. Could use your prayers, my Father In Law has been in the hospital for about a month. They cut 2 toes off about a week ago. 6 am this morning they called that family up to the hospital. So, thats where husband is now. thanks guys.
Oh no, I'll be praying for him. Does he have diabetes? :hug: to you and your family.

I hope everything tunrs out fine. Prayers being said. :hug:

Also if every one can please say a little prayer for one of my very good friends little boys. He has been having some bladder issues then they found out he was legally blind then next thing you know it his eyes are getting worse. He has been tested for so many thing and on so many meds to try to help him. Well some one suggested testing him for diabetes and their ped was a butt and didn't want to. So my girlfriend found a fried with one of those home testing machines and his numbers where crazy high! They tested his twin brother too since they pretty much eat the same thing. So today they are going to another ped begging again now with some proof to test him more seriously! I pray if this is it that they can get him leveled out and he can gain some of his site back he is only 5 and the sweetest kid.

This is so sad. I hope they find a good ped who will listen to them. Prayers coming their way. :hug:

:hug: I'll be praying for your whole family.

:hug: I'll be praying for your friend's fmily too. My SIL has a friend with a 4 yr old diabetic ds. It's so sad when such little kids are so sick.

Heather, now I have to go see if I can find that cover. ;)

Okay, I wanted to catch up on everything before I posted my big news. No, I'm not pregnant. ;) But, I am about ready to burst with excitement!!

We had a family reunion at a park yesterday and I was chatting with my cousin. She was a hot-shot in the sewing industry and even wrote a few books (her name was Tracy Helmer, she has since gotten a divorce and remarried and stopped sewing). I am ashamed to say that I had never read her books and didn't even know what they were about. Apparently, they were about machine embroidery! Wow, I just did a search for her on amazon and there are 3 books on there written by her. I'm so ashamed. Anyway, we were chatting and I told her that Teresa sewed Tessa's shirt (the ice cream cone one) and that I did the applique. She said "You're not ready for a $5,000 embroidery machine yet, are you?" I laughed and said "I would love one and I was looking at them on the internet yesterday." She said "Well, I've got the Husqvarna Designer 1 just sitting in my basement. Do you want to use it?" Her husband chimed in with "I'll even carry it out to your car for you."

2.gif
:eek:
1.gif

This is the EXACT same machine I had been drooling over online, thinking that I would NEVER be able to afford it!!!

It is the most fantastic looking machine ever!!! It does EVERYTHING!!!!! It has a HUGE embroidery hoop, you can customize your own designs, I have no idea what else it does!!!!!! Here's a link to all the info on the sewing machine:

http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/us/402_452.htm

She's going to be gone this week (taking her son to college), but she said I could come over and pick it up next Tuesday. She'll even show me how to use it. As I understand it, I can borrow it as long as I want. I still need to discuss with her how much she will hate me if I break her machine and things like that.

I am beside myself with excitement!!!! I am positively GIDDY!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:
2.gif
7.gif
5.gif
1.gif
7.gif

Okay so I've been lurking and you have inspired me to pull out the sewing machine again.

I was going to post pictures of my latest project and my current project, but I fogot I don't have 10 posts yet. So . . . Eventually I'll get there.

well this is a bummer. I was 10 pages behind, and my quotes won't go from the old thread to this one. so here is what I remember

Lisa Zoe...that ruffled castle set is my absolute favorite thing you have ever shown, and I actually remember when you showed it before!

Heather Sue....love the nightgown on your beauty. I am currently watching some fabric on :wizard: that somenone here is selling to try that for my little one!

teresa Joy....That Cinderella dress turned out great! I can't believe you couldn't convice your daughter to try it on with a petti. Is she tired of taking petti pictures?

Elisa...15 outfits sounds fine! How many days is your cruise? My favorite is the Jesse and Woody take you did!!! I love Alexia's skirt, and the feminine take on Woody! Very creative.

Now off to read the 5 pages on here I've missed!

I made it! thanks Kristine!

I Also if every one can please say a little prayer for one of my very good friends little boys. He has been having some bladder issues then they found out he was legally blind then next thing you know it his eyes are getting worse. He has been tested for so many thing and on so many meds to try to help him. Well some one suggested testing him for diabetes and their ped was a butt and didn't want to. So my girlfriend found a fried with one of those home testing machines and his numbers where crazy high! They tested his twin brother too since they pretty much eat the same thing. So today they are going to another ped begging again now with some proof to test him more seriously! I pray if this is it that they can get him leveled out and he can gain some of his site back he is only 5 and the sweetest kid.

You're welcome!

Prayers said and a :hug: to pass onto the little guy!

Okay, I wanted to catch up on everything before I posted my big news. No, I'm not pregnant. ;) But, I am about ready to burst with excitement!!

We had a family reunion at a park yesterday and I was chatting with my cousin. She was a hot-shot in the sewing industry and even wrote a few books (her name was Tracy Helmer, she has since gotten a divorce and remarried and stopped sewing). I am ashamed to say that I had never read her books and didn't even know what they were about. Apparently, they were about machine embroidery! Wow, I just did a search for her on amazon and there are 3 books on there written by her. I'm so ashamed. Anyway, we were chatting and I told her that Teresa sewed Tessa's shirt (the ice cream cone one) and that I did the applique. She said "You're not ready for a $5,000 embroidery machine yet, are you?" I laughed and said "I would love one and I was looking at them on the internet yesterday." She said "Well, I've got the Husqvarna Designer 1 just sitting in my basement. Do you want to use it?" Her husband chimed in with "I'll even carry it out to your car for you."

2.gif
1.gif

This is the EXACT same machine I had been drooling over online, thinking that I would NEVER be able to afford it!!!

It is the most fantastic looking machine ever!!! It does EVERYTHING!!!!! It has a HUGE embroidery hoop, you can customize your own designs, I have no idea what else it does!!!!!! Here's a link to all the info on the sewing machine:

She's going to be gone this week (taking her son to college), but she said I could come over and pick it up next Tuesday. She'll even show me how to use it. As I understand it, I can borrow it as long as I want. I still need to discuss with her how much she will hate me if I break her machine and things like that.

2.gif
7.gif
5.gif
1.gif
7.gif

WOW!!! I had a family reunion yesterday too....I got offered NOTHING. Wait, I take that back. My DH's cousin (who is a graphic designer who also moonlights at JoAnn's and is an amazing seamstress...at 25!!!) came up with a great solution for Aisling's Princes Leia costume for MNSSHP. BUT, I want a new machine!!!! Officially JEALOUS!!!!

Good luck on the Weight Watchers. It's only 9:45am (and maybe earlier in Michigan...I never know what time zone people are in) You can do it!!!!

Okay so I've been lurking and you have inspired me to pull out the sewing machine again.

I was going to post pictures of my latest project and my current project, but I fogot I don't have 10 posts yet. So . . . Eventually I'll get there.

:welcome:. Can't wait to see pics!!!!

OKAY HERE IS MY STUPID QUESTION OF THE DAY! Dental floss...are you talking about actual dental floss??? Or do they have some kind of "sewer's" dental floss at Joann's. I warned you that it was a stupid question but I didn't want to be winding regular old dental floss onto my machine and finding out that it was ALL wrong :laughing:

Made it over. Phew!

Good Morning Gang! I made it over Safe and Sound!!! It's so tough to move on a Monday morning :surfweb:

Well COMPLETELY OT...today is my first day of South Beach. Wish me luck :wizard:
Good Luck, those first few days are the hardest but it really does get easier.

2.gif
1.gif

2.gif
7.gif
5.gif
1.gif
7.gif

CONGRATS on the great "deal"!:banana: :banana: :banana:

OKAY HERE IS MY STUPID QUESTION OF THE DAY! Dental floss...are you talking about actual dental floss??? Or do they have some kind of "sewer's" dental floss at Joann's. I warned you that it was a stupid question but I didn't want to be winding regular old dental floss onto my machine and finding out that it was ALL wrong :laughing:

There are NO stupid questions.
I used actual dental floss because that is what I had in the house and it was handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter