• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discount Coming

Are the theme park tix ever discounted?

Not from Disney. The closest thing to it is when they offered the "buy 4 get 3 free" type deals, where you'd get three extra days free as part of a room and ticket package. But those extra days only amounted to about a $15 savings back then.

Disney may offer special class tickets, like Military Salute tickets, etc. to special groups that are cheaper than standard MYW tickets.

MYW tickets can generally be purchased through other agencies at some discount. AAA, Undercover Tourist, Maple Leaf, etc. all offer tickets less than the WDW gate price (for tickets over 2 days - you generally won't find 1- or 2-day tickets ever discounted).

Are the theme park tix ever discounted?

Absolutely...

If you move to Florida or purchase a minimum 160 point interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort.

I'm starting to think like Staggs and Iger...at some point the discounts have to be stopped cold turkey...it's obvious tha the expectations are now
Too high...and that is a bad sign for future investment in the parks

So far it is Free Dining for Disney Visa Card holders but according to the Discount Codes page it will be available for the other "99%":lmao: starting March 5th. It also appears to be late August through late Septemer dates so far. Oh and BTW before you light your torches and sharpen your pitch forks it was a joke people.:hippie:

Just got off the phone with Disney CM at reservations, and because we booked thru Dreams RES that is advertized on this site AND got us a much better price for our trip than booking on Disney's site, they won't look for me to see if I have a pin number. She said that from now on I can only do that thru my travel agent.

Geesh, they are still getting my money and I would be happy with any discount.

:mad::mad::mad:

Do you think that Disney would actually be making more money by offering the discounts that not everyone is aware of and taking advantage of than by not discounting and having less people vacation there, but paying full price??

Just wondering what you guys think.

I know that I go more because of the discounts. Without them, I would still go but not as often.

Do you think that lower prices overall and no discounts would be a better idea?

Looking at historical data- they roll out the free dining in stages- so even though it's been reported as only for the Disney Visa card holders at the moment- and only through Sept there is still time- Disney may still roll out some discounts for Fall for all.

The only caveat I can see it that lots the Fantasyland expansion is scheduled to open this Fall and Disney is seeing no need for discounts b/c they "built it" and now people "will come" discount or no discount-- not sure I agree with this logic- but it may be what Disney is thinking-- people will pay full price for rooms, and dining, and tickets and not complain b/c they want to see the new Fantasyland. Ummmm... not us.

We'll see, I am still hoping for some kind of discount for Oct/Nov- free kids, free dining, 30% off room, buy 4 get 3 free... etc. SOMETHING!!!!! Please Disney don't let me down. No discount, no staying on property for us- we'll take advantage of the "cheap" offsite accommodations for less-- just the way it is. Dh would rather stay at Marriott Grande Vista or somewhere similar for half the price and double the luxury anyhow.

They ALWAYS roll out Free Dining to the general public. They just give Disney Visa holders a bit of a head start.

This looks like the general Free Dining promotion they've done for several years to fill the rooms during the lowest occupancy period.

Thats nice, that your friend got a discount. popcorn:: But even without discount also, the trip is so awesome, that every penny is fruitful. When I went there with my family, it was an extremely wonderful trip.
:dance3:I wish he will also have all the fun.:dance3::dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter