Discount on Point Purchase for Disney Employees?

grumpy-duck

Go Donald!
If you are an employee of Disney do you receive a price break on the amount paid to purchase points from DVC? How about for your annual dues? Does this apply to Disney store employees throughout the U.S.?

I am NOT a Disney CM, but I know that they DO get discounts on buying points--I'm not sure what the discount is though. I know the Disney CM discounts increase the longer you have worked for the company but I'm not sure if that holds true for purchasing DVC points. Perhaps there is one set discount for that. This does apply to DS CM's. Several CM's at our local DS, waited to resign their jobs until all their DVC work was finished. I don't know about the dues though.

I believe that the discount for DVC points is 15% discount. My friend is a manager of the DS here in Atlanta, and that is what she told me. Hope this helps!
deerh:)

as a Disney Store CM, you are entitled to a 15% discount on oyour purchase thru Disney. No Discount on maintenance fees. You must be a regular PT CM at least to get this, not a seasonal person just for the holidays.

We did a 200 point add-on to OKW in June 2000, using DW's Disney Store CM discount. It saved us almost $2000 and brought the per-point cost close to what we originally paid way back in '92 :)

Actually my DH was a casual CM last fall and still got the 15% discount when we added on. He ended up in part time position after the holidays, but we added on in late November. It definitely saved us a whole bunch.

When I was hired as a seasonal, I was told the only discount I was entitled to was the 20% in the store. Since I was not permitted to ask for any time off at Thanksgiving or Christmas to take vacation, that was the only place I was going to be to get a discount anyway :) Maybe I was assuming you could not as a seasonal, just thought I had been told that. So, I guess if you had an ID that they could make a copy of for DVC files, you could get the discount.

When we purchased some of the last OKW points available, between the discount and the Magical Beginnings option at the time for purchasing while at Hilton Head, I saved $3,500.

I purchased DVC when I was a seasonal CM, and faxed to my guide, my Red Seasonal ID, and got the 15% discount. I later became perm PT and purchased an ad on point contract, and got it then again too. This was in 1998, so perhaps things have changed, as so much has, with regard to working at the store.

Geez, I don't know the salary there, but it seems by perks alone, working at the Disney Store is a good move! :)
I don't know if it is enough to make me giving up my Nursing career to do it, but boy it sure is tempting! :)
Kathy:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :p

Me's thinks DW needs to get a PT job at TDS!;) :D

I just wanted to say.. working at the TDS is a great job. But before you jump on the bandwagon, you really need to know what it's really about working retail. You have to give all your weekends up, to work at the store. You can barely ask off, perhaps one or two times per month. (Then there are definite black out periods where you can't ask off at all) You can not go on vacation from Nov 1st through January (something) You never know what your schedule will be, until perhaps one week prior. You have to really sell, while you are working there... you get graded on your selling ability, you must suggest additional items with every guest. The pay is very low, and yes I was a bit bitter, when I was training seasonal cast members, whom where being paid more, than I was. I really give a lot of credit to all those Cast Members who have stuck it out, and are still working at the the stores, they certainly deserve all the benefits. I for one, decided I was much happier being a Guest, than being a Cast Member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter