DISCOUNT TICKETS to Walt Disney World

Has anyone used UT to book a hotel? It seems you will link through MDE just like tickets. Will you be able to check in online? and use magic band to unlock the door, bypassing the front desk?

UT just released a Black Friday ticket deal for WDW - child price for adult ticket! I’m wondering should I buy these now for next fall? To beat the ticket increase? Ahhhh…

UT just released a Black Friday ticket deal for WDW - child price for adult ticket! I’m wondering should I buy these now for next fall? To beat the ticket increase? Ahhhh…
how many days are you planning on going? I've found sometimes you can save more money buy buying gift cards at target for 5% off (if you have the target redcard) and buying directly thru disney vs UT or other places. For instance at UT a 6 day ticket is 584 with taxes. It's 582 if you buy the gc at Target and use them to pay directly at disney. The 5 day ticket does seem to be a better price thru UT though.

how many days are you planning on going? I've found sometimes you can save more money buy buying gift cards at target for 5% off (if you have the target redcard) and buying directly thru disney vs UT or other places. For instance at UT a 6 day ticket is 584 with taxes. It's 582 if you buy the gc at Target and use them to pay directly at disney. The 5 day ticket does seem to be a better price thru UT though.
Three day ticket, plus a Halloween party! 😬

It has been a while since I have tried to add days to a ticket. Can you still purchase an UT or Boardwalk ticket and then add a day while at the parks if needed? You used to be able to do this and they would bridge the ticket, as long as you had a day left, then the add on wouldn’t be very much as opposed to buying a single day ticket.

It has been a while since I have tried to add days to a ticket. Can you still purchase an UT or Boardwalk ticket and then add a day while at the parks if needed? You used to be able to do this and they would bridge the ticket, as long as you had a day left, then the add on wouldn’t be very much as opposed to buying a single day ticket.
Yes, you can upgrade tickets purchased from a third-party vendor -- IF there are theme park reservations available. In the past year, some guests have been denied ability to add a day if any of the days covered by their ticket use-window were "sold out." So depending on time of year, you may want to make that decision earlier.

As to price-bridging... not anymore. Your ticket will hold the WDW-online-value as of when you purchase. So if you buy a ticket from UT today for March 2023, check the price WDW is selling that same ticket online. That's what you'll be credited. If prices increase (which we expect on 12/8) adding a day will cost not just the extra day but also the ticket increase.

Check your pricing with UC. Boardwalk Ticketing is less. The fees that is added onto UC makes it more expensive so check your dates.

I thought I had read somewhere on Disboard about WDW park tickets being discounted for Disney+ subscribers, but am unable to find that post now. Does anyone know if that is factual?

I believe there have been resort and cruise discounts offered for Disney+ subscribers. I’m not aware of ticket offers though, other than tickets as part of a resort package.

Is the adult for children's prices the best deal that UT runs? We are not going until September so I don't need to get tickets yet but if this is the best deal they have I may go ahead and get them now.

Is the adult for children's prices the best deal that UT runs? We are not going until September so I don't need to get tickets yet but if this is the best deal they have I may go ahead and get them now.
I've occasionally found cheaper, but with UT (in the past, at least) you could return unused tickets with a 5% charge within 365 days.

Just a heads up that the difference in ticket price between an adult ticket and an adult ticket is minimal. E.g. on the Disney website just now, the difference between an adult and child 5 day ticket is only $20. That’s very little on a $650 ticket.

For us the price difference with adult tickets for child prices would have let us add an extra day on to our tickets. 7 day vs 8 day. You really have to run your numbers for your family to get the best deal.

I haven't really seen any discounts bigger than that. Usually the best "value" is to try and get bundles (i.e. car rental, hotel stays). Sometimes they run like 50% off with ticket purchases.

It’s always good comparing ticket prices from 3rd party places like UT to Disney based on your specific wants. We noticed, for instance, that there was slight savings from UT on one park per day tickets, but their park hoppers were more expensive than on the Disney site for the days we were looking at. The savings were so minimal on UT for the one day tickets (I think it was $5 a ticket), that we just booked through Disney . My work uses some other third party service for discounts that were a good deal at DL but ripoff at DW. So it’s always worth comparing.

The savings were so minimal on UT for the one day tickets (I think it was $5 a ticket), that we just booked through Disney .
Agreed. The only reason we use UT is if we want the "refundable" ticket option. I think they charge 5% fee to "return" a ticket, but Disney direct did not give that option? Granted, any of the tickets are good for a year if you've not used them (ie, just change the first day of use) but when flying to WDW we always want to be able to recoup any expenses if we need to reschedule a trip until the next year.

It’s always good comparing ticket prices from 3rd party places like UT to Disney based on your specific wants. We noticed, for instance, that there was slight savings from UT on one park per day tickets, but their park hoppers were more expensive than on the Disney site for the days we were looking at. The savings were so minimal on UT for the one day tickets (I think it was $5 a ticket), that we just booked through Disney . My work uses some other third party service for discounts that were a good deal at DL but ripoff at DW. So it’s always worth comparing.
Make sure you are comparing apples-to-apples and not oranges — some sites quote prices inclusive of tax while WDW prices shows the ticket price and then the tax. No reason a third-party site would have multi-day tickets higher priced than WDW, though savings can vary.

WDW does not allow discounts of single-day tickets so those will always be lower direct from WDW.

Make sure you are comparing apples-to-apples and not oranges — some sites quote prices inclusive of tax while WDW prices shows the ticket price and then the tax.
Exactly. We were very excited about prices from AAA - but then realized they did not add the taxes until check out. Then it was only about a $5 per ticket savings - frankly, not enough to make me buy there instead of direct from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter