Discounted MBs No Longer Offered to Canadians?

scrappinginontario

This article caught my eye today. My first reaction was to go to MDE to see if it indeed was true and I will say when I click the, 'Please Make Your Selection' link for our upcoming trip, all I see is a blank screen rather than the normal option to purchase a new MB at a discounted price.

While we don't 'need' another MB, I was hoping to eventually purchase at least one MB+ once they become a little more reliable. This new is disappointing.

Is anyone else with an upcoming resort stay booked able to get to the screen where you can purchase discounted MBs?

Make sure you don't have any ad blockers turned on. Perhaps that is blocking the element in your browswer making that screen blank?

Make sure you don't have any ad blockers turned on. Perhaps that is blocking the element in your browswer making that screen blank?
Thanks but no, the link isn't even complete. When I click the link, the URL in the address bar is just to the general Disney website for Canadians, 'https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en-ca/' nothing at all to do with my account or MBs.

I've clicked that link many, many times in the past and it has always taken me to the screen that allows me to manage our MBs.

I think its for all internationals, as I have seen similar questions on a UK Disney community. Uk people are having the same issue. It looks like its only an option for those in USA.

I think its for all internationals, as I have seen similar questions on a UK Disney community. Uk people are having the same issue. It looks like its only an option for those in USA.
Yes, you are correct. I said Canadians as this is the Canadian board but you are quite correct that this change appears to be affecting all International visitors.

Well that's disappointing. I mean we have many bands and don't technically need more, but I had hoped to get myself a MB+ on my next trip.

And yes, I'm getting the same blank page you are

Well that's disappointing. I mean we have many bands and don't technically need more, but I had hoped to get myself a MB+ on my next trip.

Exactly our situation too although I'm holding out for an upgrade to MB+ before purchasing as so many report problems with linking, keeping a charge and bands falling off.

Hoping Disney is working on a version 2 of the MB+, although nothing has been announced at this time.

If I switch to the American version, I can access the page but it shows this message where the Select button usually is:

Due to your region, you will not be able to proceed with your MagicBand purchase. For assistance, please call Guest Services at (407) 939-4357.

Those bands run on batteries like watches. They will stop working after a few years. It would be a pain to get locked out of your room in the middle of night coming back from a long day of park. Then you have go walk 20 minutes back to the front lobby like Saratoga just to get a replacement.

Those bands run on batteries like watches. They will stop working after a few years. It would be a pain to get locked out of your room in the middle of night coming back from a long day of park. Then you have go walk 20 minutes back to the front lobby like Saratoga just to get a replacement.
Just to clarify. The batteries are just for longer range RFID, like on rides. The bands, even my 10year old band, will open doors, tap for pay etc. This is just like the key cards that dont have batteries. So no issue for rooms.
Thats not to say the band may get faulty like the cards and not open a door, but it would not be a battery issue.

Just to clarify. The batteries are just for longer range RFID, like on rides. The bands, even my 10year old band, will open doors, tap for pay etc. This is just like the key cards that dont have batteries. So no issue for rooms.
Thats not to say the band may get faulty like the cards and not open a door, but it would not be a battery issue.
I agree with @mort1331. They will stop working long range for things like ride photos but work for tapping and opening room. Phone can also be used to open room so no need to be concerned about being locked out of room due to an old band.

We have a trip planned for the end of October I just placed my order for magic bands 5 days ago & received the email yesterday that they can be picked up at our hotel on check in. I’m so relieved I didn’t leave it any longer before ordering. It was a decent discount they gave for ordering in advance & these will be our first magic band +!

There has been a lot of chatter about this. It does appear that the option is gone for non-US residents. Some feel it is a website glitch and will return but nobody really knows. Multiple CMs have confirmed the option is no longer available for us. However, I keep reading here and there that some people with recent trips have still been able to order them. It seems very inconsistent.

First they were free for on-site guests. Then no longer free, but at least discounted. Now, not free, not discounted, just completely not available. It just keeps getting better and better. Way to go Disney!!

It's unfortunate but I will say with Disney not shipping Internationally, it must have been a logistical challenge to keep track of MBs that guests order months before they arrive at their resort.

It was well known to grab your group's MBs when you saw them on the website as they may not last and I know for us we sometimes did that almost a year in advance and then it was Pop Century's responsibility to store them until we arrived.

Too bad they didn't choose instead to start shipping MBs Internationally. That would have been a much better solution! :)

Phew! Thought I was the only one with the "blank screen". I chatted with 2 CMs and borh were not helpful, told me to clear my browser etc etc... nothing worked. I thought it was because I didn't have any current reservations but after I booked same issue.

I get that they won't ship them to Canada but we should be able to order new bands and have them waiting for us at check-in. A friend of mine did that last year with no issues. I even helped her pick out her 50th anniversary band! I hope its just a glitch and they work ot out soon. Still not sure if we'll buy one for our trip but it's still fun to look at what's available. 🤷‍♀️

ETA: I couldn't even pull up our old bands on our laptap. Thankfully they came up on our MDE app. But still no option for new bands.

Sad. I wanted to order the Orange Bird MB+. Now what?

I can't even see the bands that I already have. This has to be a glitch.

You can still order Magic Bands. All you need to to do is change to the US version of the website. I need to do this all the time to see AP discounts. So I just do it whenever I go to the website 🤪 I confirmed I can order MB’s for my AP and future stays. (My trip a couple weeks ago, I just waited until I was in the window where they ship to the resort and I picked up there) My Canadian Address is attached to my account, but my shipping address is currently a US one.

Attachments

• IMG_6964.jpeg
    IMG_6964.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6965.jpeg
    IMG_6965.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter