Discovering A Whole New World of Disney-An October 2013 Photo Safari **Updated 2/20

After getting my fill of balloon pictures I walked into Crystal Arts because I saw from outside that the glass blowing demonstration was in progress. It was interesting to watch the actual process and the amount of focus and patience required.
Seeing that picture only makes me think of one thing. I mean, I realize there is safety equipment in place. But if I'm working with hot, melted glass and flames that are hot enough to melt said glass, I don't think I'd be wearing a tie. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

It was an oasis. No body was coming into this alley. So serene yet you can still hear all of the sounds of Main Street. After resting my feet for a few minutes I got up and headed back out to the street.
Sounds like the ideal way to just soak in the atmosphere of Main Street and just take it in. :goodvibes

This is one of my favorite pictures from the entire trip. His personality just beams through and out of the photo.
Great picture. And those were some excellent interactions with the citizens of Main Street.

Teaches me to believe everything a CM says!
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I'm glad that they were wrong and you got to see the trolley show.

WOW. I've gone from no glass blowing to TWO glass blowing updates in TR's in a couple of days. It just goes to show how much is there on Main Street if you take the time to look.

And all your photos REALLY drive this home. I think the majority of people see Main Street as the place you come in and the place you go out, nothing more. Yes, people mill about for the parades and such, but it truly is an undiscovered land. So many undiscovered gems are there.

great update Dave! Absolutely love your pictures of the Trolley Show - really shows the energy they perform with. Agree with you about the photo of the Fire Chief.

Glad you got to take that pause down the alley and smell the roses, as it were. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I wasn't quite prepared how much I ended up liking the Trolley Show. Like you said, it had such pep and energy to it!

Great update. The Trolly show pics are perfect.

Thank you!

Seeing that picture only makes me think of one thing. I mean, I realize there is safety equipment in place. But if I'm working with hot, melted glass and flames that are hot enough to melt said glass, I don't think I'd be wearing a tie. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Great picture. And those were some excellent interactions with the citizens of Main Street.

Gotta give props to the guy for keeping things professional and keeping a tie on like you said even with all that heat. ;)

My meet and greets with the Citizens were definitely one of my favorite interactions with any CM at Disney. :goodvibes

WOW. I've gone from no glass blowing to TWO glass blowing updates in TR's in a couple of days. It just goes to show how much is there on Main Street if you take the time to look.

And all your photos REALLY drive this home. I think the majority of people see Main Street as the place you come in and the place you go out, nothing more. Yes, people mill about for the parades and such, but it truly is an undiscovered land. So many undiscovered gems are there.

Yep, completely agree with you because I used to be one of those people who used Main Street as a throughway and not a destination. I'm so glad I got to experience MS! :thumbsup2

The portraits of the Citizens of Main St. are incredible, love to give some attention to them, they help so much to make the atmosphere so fun and festive.
Ahhh the trolley show is one of my favourite things! Glad the CM was wrong and you didn't miss it!

How fun to be able to chat with the citizens of Main Street. I've seen them a few times but, like most, we're usually on our to somewhere and don't stop. What a fun job that must be!

Great pictures of the Trolley show! I love watching them!

Christine

The portraits of the Citizens of Main St. are incredible, love to give some attention to them, they help so much to make the atmosphere so fun and festive.
Ahhh the trolley show is one of my favourite things! Glad the CM was wrong and you didn't miss it!

During the entire conversation with that CM I kept ping-ponging the thoughts "The Times Guide is never wrong! Or maybe it is?"

We didn't get to spend much time on Main Street last month mostly due to the weather but I'm going to make sure to introduce the Trolley show to the kids on our next visit. :thumbsup2

How fun to be able to chat with the citizens of Main Street. I've seen them a few times but, like most, we're usually on our to somewhere and don't stop. What a fun job that must be!

Great pictures of the Trolley show! I love watching them!

Christine

I totally forgot to ask the Chief how they decide who will host the opening show in the mornings between him and the Mayor. Do they arm wrestle for it? Flip a coin? :rotfl:

My new goal is to watch the Trolley show in all of their different seasonal outfits!

That was a lot of fun! I thoroughly enjoyed not only the trip itself but the months that followed as I went through the pictures, processing them, and then sharing the stories with you. There are a lot of details that I didn’t notice until well after I came home and began combing through each picture. Freezing those fleeting moments and capturing those uniquely Disney emotions that comes and goes in a blink of an eye are what I enjoyed the most from this trip. If you were wondering, I shared about 850 photos with you over the length of this TR, a number that will be difficult to match again in my future trips. Benefits of the freedom that comes with solo travel I suppose. There was definitely a lot to enjoy being solo.

At the same time there was a lot I missed about traveling with my family. I really missed the human element to my Disney trips – watching and enjoying Disney with my kids. I also missed it in my photography. As much as I enjoy taking pictures of the diverse Disney landscapes and close up pictures of the details only Disney could cook up, I missed taking pictures of my family. Maybe that’s why I spent so much time taking close up pictures of the CMs.

If you followed my adventures all the way back from the planning stages through my PTR, the final tally for my photo safari list is that I was able to capture 47 out of the 59 items I had listed. Out of the 12 I missed out on, a couple completely slipped my mind and another handful just didn’t avail themselves even when I was looking for them.

I think I’ve said at the end of my last TR that every trip is different. I think this was especially the case for my first solo trip. I was able to experience Disney in a manner that was definitely unique compared to our prior trips. I also believe that this trip has shifted the way I will visit Disney in the future. I can already say that my approach to our recently completed family trip to Disney was heavily influenced by my October experience. We slowed things down quite a bit so that we could savor and enjoy the little moments. Of course there are certain parts of the touring that will never lend to slowing down for us such as rope drop at DHS. However, we did stop frequently to enjoy the scenery and details that surrounded us even in the rain. DD is now at an age where she can appreciate these things so that made things even more enjoyable. Kids also have a way finding joy and humor in what most of us adults may view as the mundane or ordinary and sometimes the only way to find those moments for them is to slow down or stop for a few minutes and let them explore their surroundings on their own terms. That’s actually true for adults as well and is basically what I got to experience in October. I was happy to provide those opportunities for the kids in January.

So, speaking of the January trip! That’s what’s coming up next: Don't Fear the Rain, We Have the Ducky of Death!

Hope you can join me for another outing filled with stories of princesses, pirates, and a certain ducky.

This is one of my favorite pictures from the entire trip. His personality just beams through and out of the photo.

I can definitely see why this is a fav! Definitely a keeper! :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed reading your solo TR and seeing your wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing with us. Looking forward to seeing water sights you capture in DL.

Yay for being able to cross so many things off your list.

Getting ready to sub to the new TR!

THANK YOU SO MUCH Dave for sharing your amazing skills and for taking us on such a wonderful journey.

You wrapped up really nicely the joys that come from touring solo and the vastly different perspective you get as a result. My first solo trip had become a favourite for that very reason. And then to have another, but this time intertwined with moments shared with others, truly was the epitome. I am certain that your new trip will show that in spades. :goodvibes

Thank you for sharing your solo trip with us!! I have very much enjoyed reading and seeing your pictures.

47 out of 59? Well Done! On so many levels! As you already know I really enjoyed your TR! Even when I was stalking your Flickr account... :)

Can't wait to follow your next TR - let's just see if I can keep up with participating!

Thank you for sharing your trip, and especially your beautiful photos with us! I enjoyed every minute. I can't wait to see what you guys did for your next trip!

Thank you for sharing your amazing pictures! You have showed me elements of Disney that I have missed on my own trips. You've reminded me to slow down and enjoy the not so obvious portions of WDW. Thank you!!

The colors in Epcot are just great! The landscaping is so bright outside, and then the insides of the pavilions (Mexico in particular) are so vibrant inside. Per usual, your shots do a great capturing that!

The citizens of Main Street are great- they really nail the atmosphere that I think Disney is going for.

I definitely have a soft spot (no pun intended) for the giant walls of plush animals like the Minnies you captured. Even as an adult something about them is so bright, soft and inviting!

I enjoyed reading/looking at your TR! I'm headed to sub into your Jan trip now!

I can definitely see why this is a fav! Definitely a keeper! :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed reading your solo TR and seeing your wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing with us. Looking forward to seeing water sights you capture in DL.

Yay for being able to cross so many things off your list.

Getting ready to sub to the new TR!

Thank you so much following! I had a lot of fun sharing all of the pictures and stories with all of you.

THANK YOU SO MUCH Dave for sharing your amazing skills and for taking us on such a wonderful journey.

You wrapped up really nicely the joys that come from touring solo and the vastly different perspective you get as a result. My first solo trip had become a favourite for that very reason. And then to have another, but this time intertwined with moments shared with others, truly was the epitome. I am certain that your new trip will show that in spades. :goodvibes

Thanks Rob! Not sure if I'll ever get a chance to do another solo at WDW but I do know that there's most likely going to be a couple of short solo visits to DLR so hopefully I'll be able to get as much as I did from this one.

Thank you for sharing your solo trip with us!! I have very much enjoyed reading and seeing your pictures.

And thank you for following! It was a lot of fun writing this TR!

47 out of 59? Well Done! On so many levels! As you already know I really enjoyed your TR! Even when I was stalking your Flickr account... :)

Can't wait to follow your next TR - let's just see if I can keep up with participating!

Thanks Sarah! And keep stalking away on my Flickr account! I don't mind. ;)

Thank you for sharing your trip, and especially your beautiful photos with us! I enjoyed every minute. I can't wait to see what you guys did for your next trip!

Thanks Wendy! Always enjoy sharing my photos with a fellow photog :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing your amazing pictures! You have showed me elements of Disney that I have missed on my own trips. You've reminded me to slow down and enjoy the not so obvious portions of WDW. Thank you!!

Thank you! I too found so many of the small details and magic for the first time during this trip, some of which were hiding in plain sight! :thumbsup2

Dave,
Loved your photos and trip report. Hoping to follow your new one.

Thank you for following along!

The colors in Epcot are just great! The landscaping is so bright outside, and then the insides of the pavilions (Mexico in particular) are so vibrant inside. Per usual, your shots do a great capturing that!

The citizens of Main Street are great- they really nail the atmosphere that I think Disney is going for.

I definitely have a soft spot (no pun intended) for the giant walls of plush animals like the Minnies you captured. Even as an adult something about them is so bright, soft and inviting!

I enjoyed reading/looking at your TR! I'm headed to sub into your Jan trip now!

I hear you on the wall of plushes. Just makes you want to buy all of them, don't they? Thanks for following!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing such an awesome TR! All the details that you captured in your photos helped me see so many things that I didn't take the time to enjoy or even notice for the most part.

Some of my favorite images from your trip were these....

IMG_1498 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

IMG_1275 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

IMG_0332 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

I'm so glad that you started your new TR and that there is a Ducky of Death tale still to be told!! :thumbsup2

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing such an awesome TR! All the details that you captured in your photos helped me see so many things that I didn't take the time to enjoy or even notice for the most part.

I'm so glad that you started your new TR and that there is a Ducky of Death tale still to be told!! :thumbsup2

Thank you Brenda for following through this TR and the next!:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for sharing these amazing pictures and stories! Can't wait to read the next chapter :)

After the sisters, I met Fire Chief Smokey Miller.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! He opened the Magic Kingdom the day I was there and I couldn't remember his name! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter