Discovery Cove discount with American Express

adorelc

Mouseketeer
Here is a new discount posted if you have an American Express card. I hope this helps someone, we are going next month and are so excited!

American Express Cardmembers, enjoy this exclusive offer from Discovery Cove now through December 31 2012.

Dolphin Swim Day Resort Package $189
Day Resort Package $129

Dolphin Swim Package Includes:
•A reserved 30-minute dolphin interaction*
•Snorkeling with thousands of rays and tropical fish plus hand feeding exotic birds in a free-flight aviary
•Freshly prepared breakfast, lunch, unlimited snacks, drinks and select alcoholic beverages
•Lockers, sunscreen, snorkel gear, changing facilities
•Unlimited admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica in Orlando for 14 consecutive days around the date of your reservation
*Packages available with and without the Dolphin Swim Experience. Must present American Express card at check-in. Other restrictions may apply. Purchase by December 31, 2012. Valid only for visits in 2012. Date subject to availability. Not valid on previously booked reservations or in combination with other offers.

That's a great offer!

I ran regular prices for Christmas week (just for fun) and the dolphin swim admission is $259-$289 pp, while the day resort only is $169-199. Depending on what you choose, you could be saving up to $100 pp.

Thanks for sharing, OP!

Do you mind sharing where you found this offer? I have been looking for it and can't seem to find it. Thank you so much.

Wow, that is great! :thumbsup2

Do you think it's possible to cancel my Nov reservation and rebook with my American Express card to get this deal?

I don't have an Amex card but was able to book this promo buy purchasing (a large;)) amex gift card...suggest checking the offer or calling to make sure before attempting though, things may have changed since i see the offer indicates you need to present an Amex card at checkin.

also, consider signing up on discovery cove's facebook page and for promotion emails on website. Last year they had a promo come out via email for a three day sail for Oct, Nov & Dec at the $189 rate.:)

Here is a new discount posted if you have an American Express card. I hope this helps someone, we are going next month and are so excited!

American Express Cardmembers, enjoy this exclusive offer from Discovery Cove now through December 31 2012.

Dolphin Swim Day Resort Package $189
Day Resort Package $129

Dolphin Swim Package Includes:
•A reserved 30-minute dolphin interaction*
•Snorkeling with thousands of rays and tropical fish plus hand feeding exotic birds in a free-flight aviary
•Freshly prepared breakfast, lunch, unlimited snacks, drinks and select alcoholic beverages
•Lockers, sunscreen, snorkel gear, changing facilities
•Unlimited admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica in Orlando for 14 consecutive days around the date of your reservation
*Packages available with and without the Dolphin Swim Experience. Must present American Express card at check-in. Other restrictions may apply. Purchase by December 31, 2012. Valid only for visits in 2012. Date subject to availability. Not valid on previously booked reservations or in combination with other offers.

Thank you so much for posting this!!! I had been on the fence about getting the premium package/cabana given the additional cost. However, with this deal, the money that I just saved by cancelling our November trip and rebooking it just saved me the cost of that package:cool1: Thanks again!

Thank you so much for posting this!!! I had been on the fence about getting the premium package/cabana given the additional cost. However, with this deal, the money that I just saved by cancelling our November trip and rebooking it just saved me the cost of that package:cool1: Thanks again!

So glad to hear you can do this!! Calling tomorrow! :yay:

Just have to say THANK YOU AGAIN! By cancelling and rebooking with AMEX, I saved $149.10! :banana:

I am so glad this offer has helped some of you! I have received so many great tips from these boards and I am so happy I could help someone else. Enjoy your trip, we will be there in a month!

Would an Amex Blue card work?! I may need to get an Amex card right away!
Also I have a citibank card that has the AMEX logo on it. I wonder if that would work?

I don't see anywhere on DC Facebook page to sign up for emails. I have liked their page and see their postings almost daily. I don't think I've ever had an email from them.
Just applied for Amex Blue. I hope they are FAST! I need that card. i've been waiting for a deal like this!

I don't see anywhere on DC Facebook page to sign up for emails. I have liked their page and see their postings almost daily. I don't think I've ever had an email from them.

To sign up for their emails, you have to go to their website (not their Facebook page).

Go to www.discoverycove.com. Right at the top of the page (next to the "Find us on Facebook" logo) there is a spot that says "Email Sign Up". That's what you want to click on :thumbsup2 .

will they check at the gate if you're a us resident? you need to show passport?

It might be worth a phone call or email to inquire. We were able to purchase Aquatica Weekday Passes, which were advertised on the "Florida Residents" page of the website, for our August trip (and not only are we not residents of Florida, we aren't residents of any US state).

When I called to inquire if they had something similar for non-US residents, they told me to go ahead and purchase the ones on the Florida resident page and we would be fine (and we were). Apparently, they are listed on the Florida resident page because that's the demographic they are pitching those particular admissions to. That said, everyone was welcome to purchase them if they wanted.

I find SeaWorld Parks & Recreation's call center is excellent. The reps are almost always very friendly and helpful! They are also very responsive to emails, so if that is easier for you than calling from the UK, its a good option.

To sign up for their emails, you have to go to their website (not their Facebook page).

Go to www.discoverycove.com. Right at the top of the page (next to the "Find us on Facebook" logo) there is a spot that says "Email Sign Up". That's what you want to click on :thumbsup2 .

OK thanks. I went to do that and I've already signed up! They don't send out many emails do they. LOL.

So, or people using this Amex deal, do you have to pay for it with your Amex? I hate waiting for mine to arrive. I'm impatient. :)

I just booked my package this morning with my Amex. I am very excited as I wasn't going to do Discovery Cove because it was so expensive, but this deal is too good to pass up. We were planning to do Sea World and maybe Aquatica anyway, so it really isn't that much more. Now I am trying to decide if we should spend our last night at a partner hotel. Unfortunately, the Portofino Bay is not available for the last night of our trip (which was just extended by a day due to change in airline schedule - yay!). Can't wait for our trip.

I just booked my package this morning with my Amex. I am very excited as I wasn't going to do Discovery Cove because it was so expensive, but this deal is too good to pass up. We were planning to do Sea World and maybe Aquatica anyway, so it really isn't that much more. Now I am trying to decide if we should spend our last night at a partner hotel. Unfortunately, the Portofino Bay is not available for the last night of our trip (which was just extended by a day due to change in airline schedule - yay!). Can't wait for our trip.

You will get SW and Aquatica 14-day passes with your DC tickets. Wasn't sure if you knew that part! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter