• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discovery Cove discounts 2013/2014??

zilp

Mouseketeer
I tried to research earlier threads but I haven't found answers to my questions for buying tickets for 2014. We are planning a trip to Orlando next year for May 2014. I am reaching a milestone birthday and would love to celebrate the day at Discovery Cove with my family.

This past March we did a 2 day SeaWorld and 2 day Busch Gardens trip, so we are not really planning on going to those parks again. At most, we would go to SW for one day mainly because we did not see the new penguin exhibit. The rest of our stay will be spent at Disney parks.

How should I go about getting the best deal? I saw some info on purchasing annual passes, but not really sure if that would help? Right now 2 adults, 3 children (with 3 of us having the dolphin swim) is around 1200$. If I could lower the cost I would be so happy!

There really is not anything anymore, at least for this year. They used to have a pass holder special where you go get tickets for $69 buy now they are $99 and only during May or December :(

I haven't heard of any upcoming promotions. I'm pretty sure they run the included Seaworld admission all year round as well as the Busch Gardens $20 admission. Still not a bad deal though.

Discovery Cove is expensive no matter how you approach it but it's still worth it, imo.

Only discount I have ever seen is pass holder. This past May was pass holder discount days, but not sure I have seen May 2014.

The cheapest pass holder is generally a Super Grover from sesame place. Sesame place discounts their passes from the day after Thanksgiving unitil I think, the start of March. This year, with the pass, dolphin swim is $149 and no dolphin $99. Since you are not interested in the other Busch parks except for 1 day, you have to do the math and see if getting the pass and DC tickets, is there any saving? May not be.

This year, SW has been selling 1 day discount tickets.

The only was to unbundle what is now SW and Aquadica 14 day with DC is with a pass. Otherwise, no unbundling allowed.

Whenever you do Disney and other parks, it becomes an expensive vacation. I have combined USO and DC and the Busch parks and I have combined Disney and USO. DC is itself an expensive park. Most see the value in getting up to 3 other parks included as finding DC more reasonable.

Ok, with all my rambling, if you can afford DC, then enjoy! We love the park and my DD so enjoys meeting the dolphin that we are going this Dec. for a second time since visiting 2 years ago.

I tried to research earlier threads but I haven't found answers to my questions for buying tickets for 2014. We are planning a trip to Orlando next year for May 2014. I am reaching a milestone birthday and would love to celebrate the day at Discovery Cove with my family.

This past March we did a 2 day SeaWorld and 2 day Busch Gardens trip, so we are not really planning on going to those parks again. At most, we would go to SW for one day mainly because we did not see the new penguin exhibit. The rest of our stay will be spent at Disney parks.

How should I go about getting the best deal? I saw some info on purchasing annual passes, but not really sure if that would help? Right now 2 adults, 3 children (with 3 of us having the dolphin swim) is around 1200$. If I could lower the cost I would be so happy!

I just bout our DC tickets through Tickets at Work. Does either your or your hudbands employer participate with Ticket at Work? It was still expensive but we saved about $95 a ticket going on 8/26/13. Kids are very excited about it but I'm having a little anxiety about the price.

I just bout our DC tickets through Tickets at Work. Does either your or your hudbands employer participate with Ticket at Work? It was still expensive but we saved about $95 a ticket going on 8/26/13. Kids are very excited about it but I'm having a little anxiety about the price.

That's a great savings! What was your final price per person with the discount, and are you doing the dolphin swim?

I just got an email from tickets at work. They had to cancel my reservation.:( They only have one space available for that day. My kids are pretty bummed. I called the tickets at work and told them the web site is still showing available space. Ugg. The tickets were $245ea. If they had two that would have been ok because me and DH would just do the non swim. What a bummer.

I just got an email from tickets at work. They had to cancel my reservation.:( They only have one space available for that day. My kids are pretty bummed. I called the tickets at work and told them the web site is still showing available space. Ugg. The tickets were $245ea. If they had two that would have been ok because me and DH would just do the non swim. What a bummer.

That's really ashame. Can you try a different day?
What day was that?

That is so annoying that they can cancel without warning. I'd be really mad. If you can't believe the website, how can you be assured your order is being filled as you ordered? They should make it right for you, as their error in not properly advertising availability.

I was hoping I would have an email from them when I got home from work.No such luck. We were set to go Aug 26th. All the other days are booked through that site. If DH and I don't do the swim then the price is a little less than what I was getting at Tickets at Work. I really don't mind if I don't do the swim experience.

I was hoping I would have an email from them when I got home from work.No such luck. We were set to go Aug 26th. All the other days are booked through that site. If DH and I don't do the swim then the price is a little less than what I was getting at Tickets at Work. I really don't mind if I don't do the swim experience.

I still hope you can get something from the Tickets people.

I will say, though my kids really enjoyed the dolphin swim, that was a small part of the day, and we spent many hours in the reef and the river. That was 2 years ago, so there is even more now to do besides the dolphin swim. Having not much of a crowd and all food we could eat was a very relaxing and fun day for me. We went on August 29. Perfect weather and a rain almost at the end of our day, but since no thunder, very few ran for cover. Just stayed snorkeling and let it pass.

If you can even afford the basic price, it is still not a bad deal. With the price of SW and Aquadica included, you can enjoy more than just DC. When I went, it only included SW and was not much cheaper than what the prices are today.

I didn't know AAA offered a discount for DC. I do have them so maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow. I just checked my Discover Card and the tickets I "bought" are still showing as processing. I have to make sure that charge is off my card before I order through anyone else. I will give them until Wednesday. If the charge is still showing as processing I'm going to have to call and get them to take it off. Their sight says no refunds or cancelations. I guess they can make the rules but don't have to follow them.

Does anyone know if you book through the DC website, do you have to pay for it all upfront (I guess yes) or do you pay a deposit?

I am also seeking out discounts.

I am wondering if there is any package deal with the official hotels with DC. It would be nice to get the "eat free" for the SW and Aquatica days....or a more substantial discount...... (I don't find the SW hotel website very friendly...but maybe it is because I am looking for NEXT June or August...)

I would love if there was a passholder discount for summer, would motivate me to get the AP!

AP holders-- I would only need one AP to get the discount for my family, right? It is a moot point as they aren't offering a passholder discount in summer, but hypothetically....

Since you are not going until next year, I would suggest joining discovery cove's email list. We went in March 2013. I signed up for their emails last fall and got an email in December 2012 with a limited time offer for subscribers. Dolphin swims were $219 and day pass were $149. We saved a decent amount of $.........Loved DC.....we can't wait to go back!

Since you are not going until next year, I would suggest joining discovery cove's email list. We went in March 2013. I signed up for their emails last fall and got an email in December 2012 with a limited time offer for subscribers. Dolphin swims were $219 and day pass were $149. We saved a decent amount of $.........Loved DC.....we can't wait to go back!

Thanks for mentioning this! I didn't think of signing up for emails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter