Discovery Cove/Grand Reef Question

muppetmom

Sporadic member of disboards since before it was d
We are planning a trip to WDW/Univ/IOA/SW and Discovery Cove during the first two weeks (ish) of June. My dilemma :confused3 is when to schedule Discovery Cove. We had planned to do it Sunday June 12th. But, we would love to do the new Grand Reef exhibit. Our other available day is Thursday June 16th. But, all advice says to book earlier in the week in case of a rain out to be able to reschedule. We are not doing the dolphin swim (family choice to save money and use it other places). What should we do? Any idea when the Grand Reef will open?
Thanks!:goodvibes

You can call and ask... I'm there on the 12th and even though I've heard rumors it open on the 10th it's really hard to say.... I hope it 's open when I'm there. Since you have the option I would choose the later date to be safe.

Discovery Cove themselves are reporting June 10th for opening on their facebook page. I'll be there June 11th so it will be mobbed, but it was the only day we could make it work. Oh well. We had initially planned on Tuesday the 14th. Enjoy!

The only day I could fit in to the schedule was June 7th. I hope that they do a soft opening of the Grand Reef, otherwise we're going to miss it. I thought about trying to reschedule for later in the week, but that would mean that my husband would miss Star Wars weekend. :sad2:

My husband called Discovery Cove on Friday. The lady on the phone told him that the Grand Reef will be opening in late June, but they don't have a date set yet.

I just have to add: you are really booking a LOT in a two week span! I'd rethink it - it's a lot to add Disney on top of all that (SW, US, IOA, and a full day at DC, which we just did and it wiped us out so much that the next day we just hung out at the resort, swam, and ordered food in).

Disney alone is more than a week of fun, US and IOA are another few days, plus maybe a day or two (or some half-days as we do) of down time...

I've been to Disney more times than I can remember, and still haven't tried to do everything!

I do think DC is fun even without the swim - I let my kids do it and I watched. My price was $69 with our discount (Super Grover Pass through Sesame Place) and my kids were about $159 I think - still it's a lot to top off all the other activities.

Just my two cents!

I do think DC is fun even without the swim - I let my kids do it and I watched. My price was $69 with our discount (Super Grover Pass through Sesame Place) and my kids were about $159 I think - still it's a lot to top off all the other activities.

How did you get this discounted rate? Is this a membership? We would love to go back but I can't afford the frul price tix....

How did you get this discounted rate? Is this a membership? We would love to go back but I can't afford the frul price tix....

I have a Platinum Pass - bought it from Sesame Place back in the spring for about $140 per person, and it's good through the end of the year for entry into all the parks (Sea World, Aquatica, Busch Gardens, Water Country, etc plus free parking and dining discounts). It was a great deal - we went to Sea World and Discovery Cove for spring break, and just got back from Busch Gardens Europe and Water Country USA in Williamsburg. It is called the Super Grover Pass, and was on a special 25% off discount early spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter