Discovery cove,Just back frst time, great experience

It was 800, when I went before. They have upped it a lot. I'm there in October so will be interesting to see the difference. It wasn't crowded before, but I'd prefer less people. Now we have over 60% more :(

It was 1000 people max on my first visit in 2012. Then they opened the new section of the park later that spring (Freshwater Oasis) and the park capacity was raised by the additional 300 as a result of the new area.

We have been three times total (January 2012, August 2012, and August 2014) and all three times have been wonderfully uncrowded (and our most recent visit was a "sold out" date). I don't think you have anything to worry about at all :).

DC is never over crowded as they restrict admission to only a certain number of people each day (1300, if I remember correctly). So no matter how busy it is elsewhere, it should never feel "busy" at DC.

We went on New Years Day 2012. Even on the holiday, it was marvellously uncrowded!

I am so very happy to read this.
I play to buy my tickets right after the first of the year. I am trying to spread out the vacation spending so it is all paid for in full well before we go. The best part is we are not telling our girls that we are going to DC or Sea World. They know about Disney but they do not know about this. I can not wait to see their faces when they find out they are swimming with dolphin's!

It was 1000 people max on my first visit in 2012. Then they opened the new section of the park later that spring (Freshwater Oasis) and the park capacity was raised by the additional 300 as a result of the new area.

We have been three times total (January 2012, August 2012, and August 2014) and all three times have been wonderfully uncrowded (and our most recent visit was a "sold out" date). I don't think you have anything to worry about at all :).

That's great news Gina, thank you.

2 more questions

How far in advance do you book your tickets/ date to go to DC?

How much do you spend on pictures if you don't have the elite package?

This is the bag we received last month with the Elite Package

Wow...yours was VERY different from the one I received!! ::yes::

2 more questions

How far in advance do you book your tickets/ date to go to DC?

How much do you spend on pictures if you don't have the elite package?

We booked our DC day for this last vacation 10 months in advance (booked in mid-October 2013 for August 25th, 2014). We have found the earlier you book, the better the prices as admission costs increase as number of tickets remaining to be sold decreases. We watched the price of our day steadily climb from the $259 pp we paid in October to over $400 pp by early August for the exact same date.

I have booked 3 to 5 months in advance.

This may help with the pricing of the photos:Trip Advisor Photo Pricing Post

Just a forewarning that those prices have increased just a bit from what is listed in the TA link. Current prices when we were there in late August were $229 for the largest package (the Discovery Photo package) and $169 for the Adventure package.

If doing the dolphin swim, you will most likely want the CD of all the photos. It really is worth it, and the photos are good quality. I always encourage people to budget for at least the Adventure photo package if you can (assuming you are doing the dolphin swim) because that CD of pictures will end up being your best souvenir of the day. A little pricey maybe, but very much worth it!

Thank you for the tip on the CD I would rather have that than anything.

Right now its showing me a price of $229 for Sept 2015. Should I buy now or could it go down?

I thought I read something about a black Friday sale they do?? Maybe that was for Sea World?

Thank you for the tip on the CD I would rather have that than anything.

Right now its showing me a price of $229 for Sept 2015. Should I buy now or could it go down?

I thought I read something about a black Friday sale they do?? Maybe that was for Sea World?

DC isn't generally included as part of the Black Friday offers. Last year, they offered an early booking promo at New Years for a good part of 2014 (they excluded high volume periods like spring break, summer, etc.).

If it were me, I would book anytime then keep my eyes out for sales (sign up for their emails, like them on Facebook, etc.). If a sale comes out, cancel and rebook at the new rate. They have done this for me a couple of times without any issue just by phoning.

DC isn't generally included as part of the Black Friday offers. Last year, they offered an early booking promo at New Years for a good part of 2014 (they excluded high volume periods like spring break, summer, etc.).

If it were me, I would book anytime then keep my eyes out for sales (sign up for their emails, like them on Facebook, etc.). If a sale comes out, cancel and rebook at the new rate. They have done this for me a couple of times without any issue just by phoning.

thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter