Discovery cove,Just back frst time, great experience

Are there places to change or shower when you're done? Also, do they provide lockers if you're not renting a cabana?

Lots of wonderfully clean & meticulously maintained shower stalls (complete with shampoo, body wash, etc.) and tons of white fluffy towels are provided for guests. Lockers are free for all visitors, and are located in a central area for non-cabana guests.

Did Discovery Cove for first time today. Did Elite Package as well. Everything in first post is very accurate...would recommend and would do again. Megan our cabana host was great! Our cabana was right next to dolphin swim and we took our own pictures, but also got the photo package with the Elite. Megan collected and replenished our towels several times. She brought us numerous snacks and the fridge was well stocked. We did the river twice and the grand reef. Got there around 7:15am and had breakfast before park officially opened. DW loved the cabana and ceiling fan. Again, I cannot say enough good things except it was worth the money and we all enjoyed it.

Our reservation said "first available" so we did not pick. The hostess commented that the cabana we had usually went to VIP's and she could not even get this one for her family. Just luck of the draw because we are not VIP's, just good folks!

Do they assign you a cabana or do you get to choose the area?

They assign you your cabana. You can make a request, and they will accommodate you if possible, but requests are not guaranteed.

We put in a location request (near the Wind Away River and Freshwater Oasis) for the cabana we have reserved for our visit next month. Send them an email with our request and they replied saying they had noted it on our reservation and would do their best to put us in the spot we want.

How much time did you spend in the cabana?

We were in and out of it all day. The day of our rental was a scortching, sunny August day, so it was nice to get out of the sun every hour or so for a few minutes. We ate part of our lunch in there, and we enjoyed a siesta in the afternoon.

We were in and out all day. As noted when the kids did the swim with the dolphins, we watched and filmed from the cabana.

After reading all of the wonderful reviews, we are going with the elite package. Any recommendations as to "better" Cabana locations to request. Also - has anyone been recently that can post a photo of what is included with the elite package? I think Gina is headed there soon - I am sure she will post fab pics!

After reading all of the wonderful reviews, we are going with the elite package. Any recommendations as to "better" Cabana locations to request. Also - has anyone been recently that can post a photo of what is included with the elite package? I think Gina is headed there soon - I am sure she will post fab pics!

"Better" cabana locations will vary widely depending on what your favourite part of the park is. We had one that was right beside the Grand Reef, so if snorkeling is your forte, then that would be the prime cabana location for you. For this upcoming trip, we have requested a cabana close to the Freshwater Oasis and Wind Away River, as they are our personal favourite spots in the park. Other folks might want to be close to the dolphin pools. It really depends on your personal preferences :) .

Here is a pic of the package inclusions in 2012. They have changed some since then, though:

The personalized buoy is still included, as is the tote bag (it was like a sling pack in 2012) and photo frame. You also get a stuffed dolphin, and all the components of the largest photo package. This link summarizes it nicely:

http://www.discoverycove.com/Plan/PackageDetail.aspx?id=681

The t-shirt and underwater camera shown in my photo are no longer part of the package, though they were included in 2012.

We are there again on the 25th :cheer2:. I will be sure to post pics of the 2014 inclusions after our trip!

Alrighty.....here ya go!

The elite package included a private cabana rental with personal host or hostess:

A drawstring bag, stuffed dolphin, and DC photo frame:

A personalized buoy delivered to you during the dolphin swim:

And all the components of the Discovery Photo package which includes 8-6x8 photo prints of your choice, 2 key rings and a 4x6 photo of same image, digital photo CD of all photos taken during your DC day, Dolphin Interaction DVD, 16 x 24 poster, photo frame (same one as included with the elite package above) and a photo album that holds 6 x 8 photos.

Then you also get your complimentary family pic which is taken when you enter the park.

We were there yesterday, had PERFECT weather, and hated to leave!!! :beach:

Thanks Gina. It all looks great. Love your pics! Just read about your SeaWorld excitement. WOW....what a treat!

Alrighty.....here ya go!

The elite package included a private cabana rental with personal host or hostess:
]

A drawstring bag, stuffed dolphin, and DC photo frame:
]

A personalized buoy delivered to you during the dolphin swim:

And all the components of the Discovery Photo package which includes 8-6x8 photo prints of your choice, 2 key rings and a 4x6 photo of same image, digital photo CD of all photos taken during your DC day, Dolphin Interaction DVD, 16 x 24 poster, photo frame (same one as included with the elite package above) and a photo album that holds 6 x 8 photos.

Then you also get your complimentary family pic which is taken when you enter the park.

We were there yesterday, had PERFECT weather, and hated to leave!!! :beach:

Thank you for posting these pictures. Do you think the cabana is necessary? I know I want at least the celebration package. That is $150 but to jump to $399
Also have never been there, how do you know what cabana to ask for. (we are going to go the Saturday after Labor Day 2015. My kids are big swimmers but it is hard to say what their favorite spot will be
Thank you for your help

Thank you for posting these pictures. Do you think the cabana is necessary? I know I want at least the celebration package. That is $150 but to jump to $399
Also have never been there, how do you know what cabana to ask for. (we are going to go the Saturday after Labor Day 2015. My kids are big swimmers but it is hard to say what their favorite spot will be
Thank you for your help

Cabanas are absolutely NOT a necessity. They are a nice splurge indeed, if the budget will allow for it. But necessary? Not at all. We had a fabulous first visit with no cabana and didn't feel we were disadvantaged at all. There are plenty of free loungers (many with umbrellas for shade) and even a few hammocks located throughout the park.

We only knew which cabana area to request on this trip because we were familiar with the park and all of its components (and what our particular family enjoyed most). Without going at least once, you won't know what area your kids will like most (snorkelling with the fish? feeding the birds? the lazy river?). On our first cabana rental, we let DC make the decision of where to put us. The only time we have ever requested a specific area was on this most recent trip, our third visit, because we knew what our favourite section was having been there twice before.

You are going to LOVE Discovery Cove! It is so awesome!!! :goodvibes

Cabanas are absolutely NOT a necessity. They are a nice splurge indeed, if the budget will allow for it. But necessary? Not at all. We had a fabulous first visit with no cabana and didn't feel we were disadvantaged at all. There are plenty of free loungers (many with umbrellas for shade) and even a few hammocks located throughout the park.

We only knew which cabana area to request on this trip because we were familiar with the park and all of its components (and what our particular family enjoyed most). Without going at least once, you won't know what area your kids will like most (snorkelling with the fish? feeding the birds? the lazy river?). On our first cabana rental, we let DC make the decision of where to put us. The only time we have ever requested a specific area was on this most recent trip, our third visit, because we knew what our favourite section was having been there twice before.

You are going to LOVE Discovery Cove! It is so awesome!!! :goodvibes

I can not wait. It's still a year away but I am excited. Do you think its over crowded on a Saturday vs a week day? I did not want to take away from low crowds at WDW for a week day that is why we are planning DC on a Saturday, is that a wise choice?

Thank you for your help

Not necessary at all, but interesting to calculate the difference between a package that includes the photos and DVDs, and no package and buying the photos and DVDs separately.

We went without a package (i.e. no cabana) and ended up buying all the photos, and it was very expensive.

Anybody done the research on this? Would be interested in the results.

Another key factor is the number of people in your party. If you share and split the costs, that will make it a no brainer, especially if the photos are included too.

I can not wait. It's still a year away but I am excited. Do you think its over crowded on a Saturday vs a week day? I did not want to take away from low crowds at WDW for a week day that is why we are planning DC on a Saturday, is that a wise choice?

DC is never over crowded as they restrict admission to only a certain number of people each day (1300, if I remember correctly). So no matter how busy it is elsewhere, it should never feel "busy" at DC.

We went on New Years Day 2012. Even on the holiday, it was marvellously uncrowded!

DC is never over crowded as they restrict admission to only a certain number of people each day (1300, if I remember correctly). So no matter how busy it is elsewhere, it should never feel "busy" at DC.

We went on New Years Day 2012. Even on the holiday, it was marvellously uncrowded!

It was 800, when I went before. They have upped it a lot. I'm there in October so will be interesting to see the difference. It wasn't crowded before, but I'd prefer less people. Now we have over 60% more :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter