Discovery Cove or Kennedy Space Center?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
We are staying at Universal over February break and planning on one day at Epcot. We were considering a day trip to Discovery Cove for the Seaventure, but I’m now wondering if Kennedy Space Center might be a better choice? We are a family of 5, me DH and three boys (all age 13–soon to be 14). TIA

well from cost alone .... Discovery with Dol swim this coming Feb is minimum $300 / person PLUS another $50 if you add Seaventure ....

KSC is $75 ..... yes DC includes 2 meals and drinks but the difference is over $200 per .... THAT'S a lot of drinks!

I enjoy DC but only go when I can get significant discounts (military / florida resident) AND living near by I don't do 'water parks' in the winter . . . . brrrrrrr.

It can get really cold in Orlando in February, so swimming may not be something you want to do, even with a wetsuit. It could be rather chilly when you get out of the water. KSC is really interesting and will cost a lot less. Both are great experiences and if it weren't for the possibility of cold weather I'd go with Discovery Cove.

I'm going to DC in February. I have done winter and summer visits there (about 6 total) and was pleasantly surprised winter was better. Since the air is cooler the cold water (for the fish) doesn't feel so cold. Was much easier getting in and out than summer.

I guess my question is what would your boys enjoy more? What are their interests?

Thank you all for the helpful feedback. Our boys tend to get cold extremely easily, so I’ll admit the temperature was/is a concern. We are from way upstate NY—about 30 minutes from Canada—so we are used to cold temperatures, but they still struggle with cold water. They have mentioned wanting to snorkel many times, but they also love space and rockets. We have asked for their input, but I suppose for the price point (which I didn’t realize was quite that high), I think it makes sense to do that. We weren’t planning to rent a car. We are staying at Portofino Bay at US, and so just planned to Uber for our Epcot visit, but I suppose we could just for a day trip if we opt for the Kennedy Space Center. The location and distance of KSC is the main drawback. I think we need to think this over more and talk with our boys. February could be great weather for DC, or it could be freezing. For that cost, I’d want to be certain we’d enjoy ourselves. Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter