Discovery Cove photo frame?

Darth Insidious

Mouseketeer
So I know the photo packages are crazy expensive but I’m going to get one. If you buy in advance, the premium package is about $20 more than the digital. I don’t care about prints. It says it comes with a 6x8 frame and a metal print. Are these any good? I do like to buy souvenir frames from vacations so might be worth it. Metal print could be cool if it’s actually good. Thank you.

We’re going to Discovery Cove in March. I’ve been debating on which photo package to purchase. I see no one has responded. I’m wondering if you’ve already gone and what option you chose. Any information or suggestions are appreciated.

I’ll be back 2/26. Remind me and I’ll update you.

I did email and they said that Sea Venture pics are included in the digital and premier packages and they provide and underwater camera to use. So I bought the premier. With advance discount it was only like $15 more than digital only and I thought the frame and metal print might be cool.

Thank you. It’s so surprising to me how difficult it is to find this information. I wondered what the free album is like too.

The frame is wooden. It holds a 6x8 photo (that’s the print size from the package). The photo album holds 6 horizontal 6x8 photos inside and you can replace the cover image with a seventh photo. Each page has a picture of something from around the park (birds, dolphins, etc) and the opposite page has a photo slot.

The metal print is nice. It’s an 8x10. It looks like a nice quality glossy photo. It is on a metal piece and stands by itself. I like it a lot.

The photo album is nice but I wouldn’t have bought it since I make my own photo books.

They gave us a go pro to use during Sea Venture. The divers took it from me to take pics of us at certain points on the tour as well.

Overall, the photos were fantastic and although expensive, I’m very glad I got them. Buying it ahead of time, you can get one of the packages with extra stuff for the same price or slightly more than digital only so definitely do that. Let me know if you have other questions.

Edit: two of the files were too big so I edited and added them in the post below. It’s the back of the metal print and the cover of the photo album.

Edit 2: the photo album has badly placed glue on the insert slots. I had to trim the photos to 5.5x8 to get them in there. I have a paper cutter so not a big deal but if I had paid the $40 they charge for the album or didn’t have a paper cutter and they looked bad from trying to trim by hand, I’d be pretty annoyed. I don’t love that the blue border around the photos doesn’t look right (because there’s 1/8 inch of glue and off-white) but it still looks pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_3444.jpeg
    IMG_3444.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3443.jpeg
    IMG_3443.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3442.jpeg
    IMG_3442.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
The frame is wooden. It holds a 6x8 photo (that’s the print size from the package). The photo album holds 6 horizontal 6x8 photos. Each page has a picture of something from around the park (birds, dolphins, etc) and the opposite page has a photo slot.

The metal print is nice. It’s an 8x10. It looks like a nice quality glossy photo. It is on a metal piece and stands by itself. I like it a lot.

The photo album is nice but I wouldn’t have bought it since I make my own photo books.

They gave us a go pro to use during Sea Venture. The divers took it from me to take pics of us at certain points on the tour as well.

Overall, the photos were fantastic and although expensive, I’m very glad I got them. Buying it ahead of time, you can get one of the packages with extra stuff for the same price or slightly more than digital only so definitely do that. Let me know if you have other questions.

Attachments

• IMG_3445.jpeg
    IMG_3445.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3440.jpeg
    IMG_3440.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter