Discovery Cove Questions

loring

Mouseketeer
We are planning on booking Discovery Cove in Nov.When is the best time to reserve?
Is everything on their food menu unlimited including desserts or just 1 item each?
Is there a shuttle from Cabana Bay to there?
What is the best form of transportation to there and back?Thank you!

Reserve as soon as you can. Attendance is limited. IDK if tickets would sell out for november, but better safe than sorry

Food is all you can eat, as often as you want. It's a buffet for breakfast and lunch. You'll also be able to grab snacks like bags of chips.
it's all included in the price (except for alcolhol)

I think the Universal Shuttle drops you off at Seaworld, where you'll find a phone by the entrance to request a ride to DC.
But I don't think the shulltes will drop you off early enough
check in at DC as early as possible. Be there even before check in time, especially if you have a Dolphin swim. you'll be able to do all the paperwork and get your park badge before the rest of the herd enters the lobby :p
check in and breakfast start at 7:15am, be there by 6:45 am, or at least before 7:00am (no way the shuttles get you there that early)

I would take a cab, or use uber to get there

We used Uber. Less than 8 dollars each away. I'm afraid I had to throw out a lot of food when we were there last year. It wasn't nearly as good as it was in 2001.

We used Uber. Less than 8 dollars each away. I'm afraid I had to throw out a lot of food when we were there last year. It wasn't nearly as good as it was in 2001.
Oh I hate to hear that.Its a lot of money for that day.Now not sure what to do.

Oh I hate to hear that.Its a lot of money for that day.Now not sure what to do.
Please don't let that stop you. You can find good food, it just might not be the first thing you try. I'd go back in a second.

We just returned from a visit to discovery cove and it was wonderful. I would highly recommend a visit. It was the highlight of our orlando vacation for both me and my two teens.

We thought the food was plentiful and good at breakfast and lunch -too many choices for me to even remember. Unlimited buffet for both meals.

Unlimited snacks included four different types of chips, rice crispie treats, goldfish crackers, vanilla or chocolate ice cream cups, soft pretzels and warm chocolate chip cookies.

Unlimited Alcohol- beer, wine and adult slushie (mango or pina coladas) is included in the price.

Staff was helpful and friendly.

Place was very clean even had staff constantly sweeping sand from paths.

Remember your discovery cove ticket also gets you into aquatica and sea world for 14 days.

We used Uber from Wyndham Bonnet Creek and it was $10.55 each way.

Thank you we decided we are going to reserve.I talked to Discovery Cove and I was very impressed with the customer service.Did they have plain icees as well or could you get the slushies as mocktails?

Thank you we decided we are going to reserve.I talked to Discovery Cove and I was very impressed with the customer service.Did they have plain icees as well or could you get the slushies as mocktails?

There were at least three flavors of nonalcoholic icees banana, white cherry, pina colada.

They also had bottled water and fountain drinks at the snack stand along with milk, oj coffee and hot chocolate in buffet area.

You will not be dissappointed with your choice to go!!

Another tip; after your dolphin encounter they will attempt to walk you back to the meeting place. This solely for the purpose of selling you pictures. If you don't want pictures just hang back and walk away.

Reserve as soon as you can. Attendance is limited. IDK if tickets would sell out for november, but better safe than sorry

Food is all you can eat, as often as you want. It's a buffet for breakfast and lunch. You'll also be able to grab snacks like bags of chips.
it's all included in the price (except for alcolhol)

I have been there 4 times and alcohol was always included in the price. Beer, wine and Frozen drinks were included in the price.

The food was good each and every time we went there- never had anything "bad"- if you don't like something you get you can just get up and get something else, there are MANY choices.

Discovery Cove is, to me, the best place to go- while others are jam packed in Disney I prefer the limited crowd at Discovery Cove! I love getting a cabana right on Grand Reef and spending anice relaxing day at Discovery Cove!

I have been there 4 times and alcohol was always included in the price. Beer, wine and Frozen drinks were included in the price.

The food was good each and every time we went there- never had anything "bad"- if you don't like something you get you can just get up and get something else, there are MANY choices.

Discovery Cove is, to me, the best place to go- while others are jam packed in Disney I prefer the limited crowd at Discovery Cove! I love getting a cabana right on Grand Reef and spending anice relaxing day at Discovery Cove!

I was just there 8 days ago. The Beer/Wine/adult slushies are still included in the price.

However, they are now offering a $25 upcharge for unlimited hard liquor drinks. I know its menu was a little limited, but they had your basics like margaritias, mojito, bloody marys, and rum runners. (I only glanced at the menu and passed since i wasnt there to drink the day away, kinda wished I'd taken a photo).

This assumes you are doing dolphin swim:
I would recommend getting there as early as you can (7-7:15am). This will allow you to check in and get a earlier dolphin swim time. The reason for this is you can then spend the rest of your day after the swim to do the rest of the resort without having to keep an eye on the clock.

The food is good not exceptional, better than Sea World I think, but you can still tell it's the same company.

You check in, get some bfast, get a locker and change into swim wear/wet suit/swim vest.

Enjoy!

I have a reservation booked for Father's Day. Its the one that also includes Busch Gardens. How do the tickets work? Do I just show up to Discovery Cove on the reservation day and they give me tickets to the other places when I arrive?

I have a reservation booked for Father's Day. Its the one that also includes Busch Gardens. How do the tickets work? Do I just show up to Discovery Cove on the reservation day and they give me tickets to the other places when I arrive?

Hmmm....not sure about BG, but if it's similar to Sea World; this is how it worked for us.

Discovery Cove included a 14 day pass to Sea World/Aquatica.

We went to Sea World for a day before our reservation at DC. At SW's gate we presented our DC reservation (we bought it from Undercover Tourist). SW issued us 14 day paper passes that we could use until our DC reservation.
At DC you get a printed Id card. This card is now your ticket to get into SW/AQ.

I'm thinking the same scenario would follow with BG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter