Discovery Cove Trip Report with Sea World Too

Thanks for this ........... look forward to the rest ............ my niece asked if we could swim with the dolphins when we go - told her too expensive and could feed the dolphins at sea world ............... booked DC but will only tell them on the day when they wake up with their DC t shirt and invite !!!:goodvibes

That is just too cool! They will just go crazy!!!!!!! I love surprises!

Thank you so much!

I have the next segment posted now.

Click here.

I don't know why my camera takes such beautiful underwater photos and such mediocre regular pics!

I see what you mean on the photo's, but for me the pictures really "pop" and make me feel like I'm there increasing my anticipation for our family trip in less than a month.

The first picture in your second post is so blue and clear, very nice... You wrote about the water temps being cold for the fish but I'm curious how the outside temp was for you? Also are the dolphin pictures all from DC photographer's?

Thanks for posting.

Hello

Loved your second instalment ... what a beautiful picture of Madeline kissing the dolphin (the first one) ... really gorgeous.

I see what you mean on the photo's, but for me the pictures really "pop" and make me feel like I'm there increasing my anticipation for our family trip in less than a month.

The first picture in your second post is so blue and clear, very nice... You wrote about the water temps being cold for the fish but I'm curious how the outside temp was for you? Also are the dolphin pictures all from DC photographer's?

Thanks for posting.

The dolphin pics and some of the aviary pics are from DC photographers. They take beautiful shots. I'm glad they are helping your anticipation. I really appreciated others' TRs (dolphina I think did a particularly nice one if I recall correctly). That's why I felt honor bound to get these up.

The temperatures that day were the lowest on our trip. Or at least felt that was. I just checked at weather.com and it says that it got up to 86 that day, but it ws cloudy in the afternoon and very very windy. I'm sure would have felt warmer if it was sunny. We weren't really uncomfortable, but the wet suits were very welcome. The tropical river is a lovely way to warm up. I am excited for you! :woohoo:

Hello

Loved your second instalment ... what a beautiful picture of Madeline kissing the dolphin (the first one) ... really gorgeous.

I just love the DC photographs. Given my camera problems, it was nice to have those great shots to help us remember how thrilled she was. Iggy was a good dolphin!

Thanks for sharing your report & photos - they're fabulous. :hippie:

We'll be visiting DC for the first time in October, and these tips really help - I'll be sure to take a wet-suit instead of just a vest, I'll know to pick up a map when we arrive and I'll make sure to look out for the board advising if extra dolphin times are available to buy. :)

Thanks for sharing your report & photos - they're fabulous. :hippie:

We'll be visiting DC for the first time in October, and these tips really help - I'll be sure to take a wet-suit instead of just a vest, I'll know to pick up a map when we arrive and I'll make sure to look out for the board advising if extra dolphin times are available to buy. :)

Good, I am so glad to help!

You may want to print out a map before you go - I don't think I even saw any there (maybe to keep the park clean?) I hope you get to do the enhanced experience!

Thanks so much for your report. Makes me super excited! We are going next Thursday (5/13). I cannot wait. How old is your daughter?

Thanks so much for your report. Makes me super excited! We are going next Thursday (5/13). I cannot wait. How old is your daughter?

How wonderful! You are going to have such a good time!

My daughter is 9.

Great Report!!!
We're going in August for the first time and am soooo excited!
As a pp said, the pics are great and really make you feel that you're there... Did you you use an underwater camera? If so, what kind? I'm in the market for one...
Looking forward to the Seaworld TR

Great 4th installment thank you again for posting. What and where is the Kim Possible thing you are talking about?

Just finished reading parts 3 & 4 of your DC day - what a fantastic day you both had! :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading about your adventures at Sea World.

You may want to print out a map before you go - I don't think I even saw any there (maybe to keep the park clean?)

Again, thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

What and where is the Kim Possible thing you are talking about?

I'm not the OP, but we have done these with our DD several times, too. The Kim Possible "missions" can be done at Epcot. There are a few stations where you can sign up (check park maps for locations), you'll get a time/place to start, then you collect your Kimmunicator and off you go to find clues around the World Showcase area so you can save the world.

Hope that helps.

Great Report!!!
We're going in August for the first time and am soooo excited!
As a pp said, the pics are great and really make you feel that you're there... Did you you use an underwater camera? If so, what kind? I'm in the market for one...
Looking forward to the Seaworld TR

You are going to have so much fun! One tip I heard was to make sure that your DC day is not your last day incase of bad weather, they will reschedule you a day or 2 later.

I did use an underwater camera: Fuji Fine Pix z33wp. It is a point and shoot. It does have a number of different shooting modesand also takes video. I thought it took beautiful underwater pictures, but I never quite figured out the trick to take good regular photos. So many photos ended up looking washed out. You can check the whole trip report below. I'm sure that the bad photos were just me. The other thing I didn't love about it is that it does not have a lens cover that closes. I was always worried about leaving it out and scratching the lens. On the other hand is was great to have a camera I didn't have to worry about Kali river Rapids or Splash mountain!

Great 4th installment thank you again for posting. What and where is the Kim Possible thing you are talking about?

Thanks, Hunter! Tink, too already answered this. Each adventure occurs completely in one Epcot pavillion: we did Norway, China, and Japan. You find clues in the pavillion trigger events, and help Kim Possible save the world! It is perfect for tweens, but I had fun too, and it made me look for things in the pavillion I never would have seen.

Just finished reading parts 3 & 4 of your DC day - what a fantastic day you both had! :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading about your adventures at Sea World.

Again, thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

I'm not the OP, but we have done these with our DD several times, too. The Kim Possible "missions" can be done at Epcot. There are a few stations where you can sign up (check park maps for locations), you'll get a time/place to start, then you collect your Kimmunicator and off you go to find clues around the World Showcase area so you can save the world.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! It is finally sunny here, so I may not get much done this weekend, but I will finish my TR!

OP, do you know if the stingray pool has an age limit? I know DD4 would love it and need to prep her if she can't go in...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter