Discovery Cove VIP Package Cabana Question

Swilcox

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about booking the VIP experience at Discovery Cove. We are a large group (6 adults and 3 children) the cabanas only seat 6. Will they let us all sit in the same cabana or will we have to reserve a second one? The children are small and will have no problem either sitting on towels or on adult laps.

I can't be 100% certain (and would recommend you call DC to confirm), but I'm pretty sure you would need two cabanas for a party of 9.

We were 7 people in our cabana in July and it was no problem. 4 adults and 3 teens. There were only 6 chairs but it really didn't matter as we were never all there at the same time anyway. But I would call them and explain that you are 9 people but you will be fine with the one cabana and 6 chairs.

Nobody is going to be counting or policing the number of people in your cabana unless you are causing some kind of disturbance. I wouldn't say anything to them. Just book the cabana and and get on with it. Last time we booked a cabana there we had other families drop in. Well over 6 people for long stretches. Our attendant did not care one bit.

I agree with DPickering. We rented a cabana this past May and I never got the impression that they pay much attention to the number of people in the party. Of course, if the group is loud and obnoxious then they very well may pay extra attention to you. We had 6 (so it wasn't an issue), but I don't think the attendant ever paid any attention to how many people we had. We didn't get the VIP package but lucked out and got a large secluded cabana with a hammock. There was a ton of room for all of us and easily could have entertained a few more people.

I would bet that if you weren't being loud & obnoxious and they asked who was in the party, you could easily just tell them that 5 or 6 are in your party and the other 3 or 4 people are friends you are just meeting for the day, and it wouldn't bother them. I didn't get the feeling that DC is one of those places that plays by the letter of the rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter