Discovery Cove wetsuit questions

jaceraden

Ringleader to 3 kids in a Disney loving family
I was looking at Discovery Cove pictures today and decided to ask about the dress code or whatever. It seems like the wetsuits are covered and available from DC itself, correct? Are they optional or does everyone have to wear one? Do you have a say in the type you get? - i noticed there seemed to be pics of people in sleeveless ones and short and long sleeved?

I know it's weird and random but I obsess over the details...

Yes, they provide complementary long and short wet suits, and zip up vests. To be in the water, you must wear one of the three types. In the winter, I used a short one, summer, just the vest.

You are welcome to pick your type, and if you want a different kind, just hand in the one you do not want, and they will give you want you do want.

They are very good at guessing which wet suit would fit you, and they have tons of sizes for both adults and kids.

You have your choice of wet suits or vests, I don't know about long and short sleeve versions but I think they have both. We chose vests because we didn't feel like taking the full wetsuits off every time we were needed to use the restroom. I don't remember if it was mandatory to wear them in the water or not though. I will say that we loved the vests so much we wanted to buy one for our use on other trips to snorkle but they don't sell them, however it was able to find a source for them and have loved wearing them. They have all sizes up to mega big - I can't remember the exact size but we were told they could accomodate up to 600+ pound guests. If you don't like the vest or the wetsuit, you simply go back to the distribution area and swap out for another style or size.

And lastly, if you choose to spend a day there be prepared for an AWESOME experience, be sure to do the dolphin swim, and if you can, splurge for a private cabana, the benefits alone are great but being spoiled by your host/hostess is wonderful!

You have your choice of wetsuits or swim vests - one or the other must be worn whenever you are in the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter