Discovery Cove with normal clothes

Darth Insidious

Mouseketeer
We will be at Disney World in February. We are from NY and I think the kids will be fine with the long wetsuits if it’s cold. My husband wants to go “if it’s not too cold” but he hates cold water. If he wanted to wear long pants and a hoodie and just enjoy the scenery and aviary, would they allow that? Or if any of the kids get cold, they might want to change and just relax in the pretty surroundings once they do their activities.

Thank you.

Yes, if not in the water wear whatever you are comfortable in. Most people enter in normal clothes anyways.

The water is heated, more so in the lazy river than the reef & dolphin pools (those are kept at the right temp for their aquatic residents). If it is cold, the water will be warmer than the air.

I would suggest bringing swimwear & keeping all the options open. But, I think most people can probably have a grand day enjoying the complimentary beverages, snacks, etc while lounging on a lush tropical beach, and enjoying the aviary as an added bonus.

I agree with Capslock, winter weather in Orlando is inconsistent. Bring a bathing suit. and a hoodie & sweats to layer. Mornings are cool but can warm up to high 70’s.

Hi! I used to work at Discovery Cove and coming in normal clothes it’s totally fine. It’s such a beautiful place that if you don’t want to get in the water that’s okay. There are walkways around the reef that I recommend checking out. From those paths you can see all the Marine life. Oh and be sure to stand on the shore by the dolphin pools to watch them interact with guests.
The fresh water sections have very warm water so that water will be warmer than the outside temperature if it’s cold the day you visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter