DisDads Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh! Somehow my lineup did not go through after me trade was finalized! After I picked up RB Demarco Murray in my trade, I thought I started him. Apparently, it did not go through. I know it is my fault because I checked back in my email and I never received the lineup email. Grrr. Now I am going to possibly lose this week due to my stupidity (well, what else is new, right?!) :scared1:

So two players I intended to start sat on my bench racking up major points this week. That will teach me! :rotfl:

Argh! Somehow my lineup did not go through after me trade was finalized! After I picked up RB Demarco Murray in my trade, I thought I started him. Apparently, it did not go through. I know it is my fault because I checked back in my email and I never received the lineup email. Grrr. Now I am going to possibly lose this week due to my stupidity (well, what else is new, right?!) :scared1:

So two players I intended to start sat on my bench racking up major points this week. That will teach me! :rotfl:

I started Hunter and McGahee at RB. I would like to have your dilemna.

Armageddon is here! My team won a game :scared1:

Norm, you might want to buy an extra lottery ticket, strange things are a brewing :lmao:

Armageddon is here! My team won a game :scared1:

Norm, you might want to buy an extra lottery ticket, strange things are a brewing :lmao:

Hopefully the Colts will be able to win one as well. I get my lotter ticket once a week (when I remember). I know there is little chance of me winning, but I do enjoy the few days of dreams.

With only 2 weeks left in our Regular season...it's time for another report...

Well we no longer have any perfect records as both the Philharmagics and Stitch 'n' Roll won their first games in Week 11. Congrats! :thumbsup2

Here are our Standings as of the end Week 11.

Mickey
Castaway Cay Islanders......8-3-0
Eeyore's Tail...............7-4-0
Hoop-Dee-Doo Ball Crew......6-5-0
Splash Mountaineers.........6-5-0
The Disney Fanatics.........6-5-0
Motley Muppets..............6-5-0
Mouse of Pain...............5-6-0
Maelstrom Kingpins..........5-6-0
Taxidermy Tech..............2-9-0
PotC Buccaneers.............1-10-0

Goofy
Raiders of the Caribbean....9-2-0
Enchanted Tiki Romo ........8-3-0
Tusker House Blues..........6-5-0
My Goofy Team...............6-5-0
The Wrecking Pooh ..........5-6-0
Test Track Dummies .........5-6-0
SK Jedi.....................5-6-0
Figment Followers...........5-6-0
Old Band-Aid Riders.........4-7-0
Philharmagics...............1-10-0

Donald
Le Cellier Dwellers.........9-2-0
Figment Cowboys.............8-3-0
Duckburg Ducks..............8-3-0
Jasmine's Necklace..........8-3-0
Tortuga Cowboys.............6-5-0
Small World Singers.........5-6-0
Tower of Beverly............5-6-0
Simba's Sidewinders.........5-6-0
Beirgarten Bums.............4-7-0
Stitch 'n' Roll.............1-10-0

If the regular season ended today the Playoffs would look like this:
(1) Le Cellier Dwellers vs. (8) Jasmine's Necklace**
(2) Raiders of the Caribbean vs. (7) Duckburg Ducks**
(3) Castaway Cay Islanders vs. (6) Eeyore's Tail*
(4) Figment Cowboys* vs. (5) Enchanted Tiki Romo*

*2nd place in Division
**Wild Cards

Again...that's a strong showing for the Donald Division snatching both Wildcard spots...giving Donald Division 4 out of 8 spots.

Just missing the cut are: Hoop-Dee-Doo Ball Crew, Splash Mountaineers,
The Disney Fanatics, Motley Muppets, Tusker House Blues, My Goofy Team, Tortuga Cowboys

With 2 weeks left there are a bunch of teams still in the hunt!!!

The MFL Power Rank shows the Top 10 teams are:
  1. Le Cellier Dwellers
  2. Raiders of the Caribbean
  3. Duckburg Ducks
  4. Figment Cowboys
  5. Hoop-Dee-Doo Ball Crew
  6. Enchanted Tiki Romo
  7. Small World Singers
  8. Jasmine's Necklace
  9. Splash Mountaineers
  10. Mouse of Pain
Good Luck to everyone!!! :thumbsup2

And Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I have officially determined that I have no ability to manage a fantasy football team. I have been doing eveything I can to try to win some games and I always seem to play the wrong guys and sit the ones that do good.

Kevin

I have officially determined that I have no ability to manage a fantasy football team. I have been doing eveything I can to try to win some games and I always seem to play the wrong guys and sit the ones that do good.

Kevin

I have a team like that...last week I started Branch and Gore over Doucet and Blount...lost my game.

HAd I started Doucet and Blount...I would have won by 1 point. :mad:

Bad thing was...On Thursday I had Blount and Doucet as starters...but changed it late Friday. :headache:

The Raiders of the Caribbean better be gearing up for a BIG week! There's a showdown right at the top of AdventureLand with the winner taking control of the Goofy Divison.

BigTex - Here's to a good game! popcorn::

The Raiders of the Caribbean better be gearing up for a BIG week! There's a showdown right at the top of AdventureLand with the winner taking control of the Goofy Divison.

I don't expect to win against the powerhouse known as Raiders of the Caribbean, but I do hope to keep it within 20 points. :thumbsup2

With only 2 weeks left in our Regular season...it's time for another report...

Nate... trying to set my lineup and my transaction still hasn't gone through. I need to get this lineup set since I, as I'm sure of many people, are going to be a little busy tomorrow. popcorn::

Nate... trying to set my lineup and my transaction still hasn't gone through. I need to get this lineup set since I, as I'm sure of many people, are going to be a little busy tomorrow. popcorn::

Waivers process at 11:30 PM...FCFS Waiver open up at the same time...check the League Calendar...been that way all season.

Reports> League> Monthly League Calendar

Just noticed the other day when jotting notes for the update...Jason's team initials are R.O.T.C. :lmao:

This week is Barry. This matchup has so many interesting storylines. I am starting Rogers and GB defense against Barry. Barry is starting Romo against me. Barry is starting Bush and Garcon, who I drafted and waived to ultimately end up with McGahee and Robinson. I have started McGahee the last two weeks and he has done nothing, but is projected higher than Holmes. Decisions....decisions...decisions....

Waivers process at 11:30 PM...FCFS Waiver open up at the same time...check the League Calendar...been that way all season.

Reports> League> Monthly League Calendar

Thanks for the info...

This league is so different than the other leagues I've been a part of ie. ESPN and Yahoo. I still don't know my way around the site. :surfweb:

Thanks for the info...

This league is so different than the other leagues I've been a part of ie. ESPN and Yahoo. I still don't know my way around the site. :surfweb:

I've struggled all season with it too. If we use it again, maybe we can do waivers on Wed instead of Thursday.

I've struggled all season with it too. If we use it again, maybe we can do waivers on Wed instead of Thursday.

It is tough with the thursday games... In my other leagues you can pick up/drop at anytime with no waiting.

MFL is 1 of 2 tools I know of that can handle this many people (or more...up to 96) in one league AND allow same palyers across Divisions...unless Yahoo or someone else does an upgrade...we couldn't do this league...this way anywhere else.

So when people say "It's not what I'm used too"...or "in my other leagues"...just remember...this probably isn't like any league (sturcturaly) you've ever played in before either.

I'm still learning the setup tools...but it's too late to change anything now.

Plan on moving the Waiver Process to Tuesday Night next year...I have not found the particular setting for FCFS Waivers lasting until Sunday...Right now it's a blanket First Game of the week...so hence it locks on Thursday.

I have been making notes of things to tweak for next season.

MFL is 1 of 2 tools I know of that can handle this many people (or more...up to 96) in one league AND allow same palyers across Divisions...unless Yahoo or someone else does an upgrade...we couldn't do this league...this way anywhere else.

So when people say "It's not what I'm used too"...or "in my other leagues"...just remember...this probably isn't like any league (sturcturaly) you've ever played in before either.

Plan on moving the Waiver Process to Tuesday Night next year...I have not found the particular setting for FCFS Waivers lasting until Sunday...Right now it's a blanket First Game of the week...so hence it locks on Thursday.

Thanks for the clarification Nate! I do appreciate all your hard work on the league and moving the waver is a good idea! (if you are able to) :thumbsup2

I still find the site hard to navigate and I end up doing my player research on yahoo before making any moves in our league.

Don't mean to complain Nate. You've done a great job with all this. In another league (I am not commish), I am one of three teams (12) that already clinched the playoffs. So, there are people dumping players and quitting and that is not much fun. It will just take some getting used to. Plus, this way I can blame me dumping Bush on not understanding MFL. (OK, no one buys that, but I'm sticking with my story.)

Nate,

You are doing a fantastic job - no question about it!!

I have a suggestion to consider for next year - I could go either way on it. Instead of playing against one opponent each week, how about 2 or 3 opponents? This would equalize the wins a bit more so that the best teams will more likely finish with the best records. For example, my team is 5-6 but I have the 2nd highest scoring team in the division and 4th/5th out of the 30 teams. I probably won't make the playoffs. It seems that a lot of times I have played against teams who have had their highest scoring week against me. If I played 3 games that week, the odds are better that I would have gone 2-1 rather than 0-1. In the format I am suggesting, the consistently good teams are rewarded more.

Just my two cents - like I said, I could go either way on it. It's all for fun.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter