DISer states DVC guide confirms....

lisaviolet

DIS Veteran
the CRV.

It's over on the Canadian boards. Under a thread about AKV a DISer said that his/her guide confirmed the CRV yesterday. No other details. Sorry I can't link it. Not skilled. I don't think he/she has posted here yet. I didn't scan all DVC forums yet.

So Q: Did any guide ever confirm Eagle Pines? Just curious. :lmao:

Exciting times...exciting times...

Well there was one piece of info with the guide's confirmation. That it's coming but not for awhile. Quelle surprise. Monorail vs. SSR...hmmmm. Even those intriguiing animals wouldn't stand a chance on that roll of the sales dice.

the CRV.
So Q: Did any guide ever confirm Eagle Pines? Just curious. :lmao:
Eagle Pines was more than just confirmed by the guides. EP had a full public announcement, press release.

Then the land for SSR became available, and since that area already had the full infrastructure in place, DVC put EP on the back burner, and went with SSR instead.

EP is still viable as the plans were developed and approved. DVC could build it anytime.

Eagle Pines was more than just confirmed by the guides. EP had a full public announcement, press release.

That's what I thought hence my sarcasm. Drat you and your supreme memory and your helpful nature Caskbill :love: !!!!

Sorry that this off-topic from this thread, but where was Eagle Pines supposed to go?

Just curious.

On the road to Fort Wilderness. And as Caskbill stated with DVC it is all speculation until they build it.

I don't think anyone thinks DVC at Contemporary is not a very good possibility but it could be years away. My guess, more than 5.

On the road to Fort Wilderness. And as Caskbill stated with DVC it is all speculation until they build it.

I don't think anyone thinks DVC at Contemporary is not a very good possibility but it could be years away. My guess, more than 5.

sam, why 5?

do you think the recent project to knock one wing down, is beig done simpy to add more/new hotel rooms?

I kinda got the feeling that the recent wing being knocked down meant they were very close to starting with the project.

A friend from church stayed at CR a couple weeks ago and she said that a CM told her that the construction was for DVC, 11 floors if I remember correctly. I dunno if it will take 5 years to build, but I would think maybe Disney will want to take their time with that one because people are going to have extremely high expectations for it.

sam, why 5?

do you think the recent project to knock one wing down, is beig done simpy to add more/new hotel rooms?

I kinda got the feeling that the recent wing being knocked down meant they were very close to starting with the project.

It all depends on DVD I think, the permits do say, that DVC is building the it. So maybe soon, maybe a while or maybe never. but like caskbill says EP was announced but not built. None of us know really until disney actually starts to sell it. But we can all hope and wonder.

would love a CR in 2009 or later.

this year or next would be a little soon - budget problems.

but in 2009 GREAT.

the person who post asked like it was a higher up manger on the Dis resort board.

implied that CR would be both. Suites for the hotel, and DVC for us.

but the suites would be annouced first?

if they are announcing DVC resort - that is only good for DVC.

I would imagine in this type of situation where they have one building and cannot build as they sell, it would make sense to be both. It allows them to keep DVC quiet until AKV sell, allows them to flex space back and forth AND my guess is, allows them to rent rooms in the new north tower for demolition of the south wing at some point. I get they just refurbed, but I bet they at some point do the same on the south side.

If the CRV happens, I believe it will be the quickest to sell out!

An update on the Contemporary north wing demolition:

Went by there today. The wing closest to bay lake is nearly gone. The rooms facing outward at either end are still standing, and a skeleton of the wall closest to the lake is there. The rest of it (roof, floors, interior walls, exterior wall farthest from the lake) is all gone.
The rest of the north wing is still standing.

Oddly, the playground is still there, as is all landscaping and trees. The parking lot is still there, although there are several large holes in it. Tennis courts have been gone for some time.

At this rate though, it seems like it would take a month or more to demolish the whole thing.

BTW, the boat drivers on the FW,WL,Contemporary route (I know, not a reliable source) are all convinced that it is going to be a DVC.

Well that depends whether you're talking 5 years to sale or occupancy. Somehow I can't see that land sitting fallow for 5 years. It'll get the reputation of Disney's Sinkhole.

But the length of time it takes to build an all-inclusive 16 story high rise is the question. What is that... a 2 year project minimum?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter