DISer states DVC guide confirms....

CMs have liberally saying that it will be a DVC for months now. It is considered common knowledge at the resort for some time.

But, like Sammie said...it's coming, it is just a matter of when. It all depends on whether or not they are going to build that c-shaped 15-floor thing. That would take a lot more work than other forms of buildings.

Sorry that this off-topic from this thread, but where was Eagle Pines supposed to go?

Just curious.

My Sources tell me in a very tall pine tree! Request the Aerie view!

-Tony

This *IS* one of those posts not to believe.

Well that depends whether you're talking 5 years to sale or occupancy. Somehow I can't see that land sitting fallow for 5 years. It'll get the reputation of Disney's Sinkhole.

But the length of time it takes to build an all-inclusive 16 story high rise is the question. What is that... a 2 year project minimum?

Minimum, I'd think, yes...and it could be a year or so more. The plans we've seen aren't exactly traditional highrise construction (the curved shape in concrete and steel, etc). Florida does have the benefit of 365 construction, but in addition you're limited in the hours of work, most likley, because you don't want to interfere with the guests staying in the CR tower. I'd say it's a safe bet that the new AKV building (which they're stating is basically a 2 year project) can go up much quicker.

In addition, this isn't a situation like SSR where you can "sell as you go" when buildings open. The ENTIRE structure has to be built, pretty much, before you can sell one room. You many not have to have all the rooms completely outfitted, but, in the grand scheme of things, that process is shorter than the construction, itself.

I think it came down to the fact, when choosing between AKV and CRV as "the next" DVC, that's what turned the tide: AKV could be established and built much quicker than CRV could. I'm thinking an opening date of 2010 or 2011 is a good bet for CRV...but we'll see. I'd love to see them do it quicker...it would be our first add on (since AKV will be our buy in), for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter