"Dishonor on you. Dishonor on your cow."

apainterxx44

Mouseketeer
I wanted to have a cool title, and I read this thing about "unforgettable Disney one-liners" - this one from Mulan always makes me laugh. :lmao:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/05020e25b9d44e5f672ba415495a037e/tumblr_mqq8d9VreT1rf9t9vo1_500.gif

Anyways! Hi I'm Amanda, I'm 22 years old and I just planned my FIRST trip without adults to WDW. I grew up in the world (mainly the wilderness lodge) and my parents worked hard all year to take us twice a year - it was the only place we went. That's right, no beach, no other theme parks, etc and now I'm spoiled to anything but DISNEY. My parents would always stay deluxe because they love the pools, but now I just stay value, ain't no one got money for that. I was the 'test' child - aka my parents weren't sure if my older sister and little brother would like Disney World so yeah - they only took me princess:

edit6.jpg

Needless to say we went every single year until my 18 birthday which is when I was selected to do this Disney Careerstart Program. I worked for Mama Melrose in Hollywood Studios! But now I'm back home and I've been working for an insurance company and I deal with car accidents all day long. But I still get to help people in tough situations so I guess it is somewhat magical?.. :rolleyes2

So I'm doing my first ever Trip Report, my boyfriend Roy and I are going 9/8-9/14 at POP - DDP. I'm extremely excited and I will be hopefully keeping up with this. I love pictures so it should be picture heavy too.

tarsweddingroyandme.jpg

Here are our dining reservations so far -
9/8 - Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner
9/9 Via Napoli Dinner
9/10 Yak and Yeti
9/11 Ohana Breakfast & 50s Prime Time
9/12 Yachtsman Steakhouse Dinner
9/13 Whispering Canyon Cafe Lunch

I'm a big eater but he is not so I'm trying hard to not overbook food, even though I really want to! We've been together for almost 5 years so I thought a romantic dinner at Yachtsman would be a good treat.
All the times I've been to disney I've never seen MNSSHP and this year we are going to do it! I'm so excited halloween is my FAVORITE. I'll probably be losing it and come back so broke but its worth it right????::yes::

I'm all over the place so I'm going to calm down but I'll update once I start packing and maybe we will get a welcome packet soon! 35 days! :cool1:

You don't have too long to wait!
I hope you have a magical time with your sweetie.

Officially 18 days until check in!

Updates:
Since my last post we've received magic bands, made all fastpass+ selections and even a fastpass+ reservation at BOG! :cool1:

Sunday, September 8, 2013
Disney's Pop Century Resort  Check In
Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner  4:20 PM
Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad®  7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Splash Mountain®  8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Space Mountain®  9:00 PM to 10:00 PM

Monday, September 9, 2013
Epcot
Soarin'®  9:50 AM to 10:50 AM
Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet®  11:35 AM to 12:35 PM
Mission: SPACE®  12:40 PM to 1:40 PM
Via Napoli Dinner  4:30 PM

Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Kilimanjaro Safaris®  9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain®  11:25 AM to 12:25 PM
Yak & Yeti Restaurant Lunch  1:00 PM
Primeval Whirl®  2:00 PM to 3:00 PM

:yay: MICKEYS NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY! :woohoo:

Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Kona Cafe Breakfast  8:45 AM

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Midway Mania!  10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith  11:45 AM to 12:45 PM
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror"  12:45 PM to 1:45 PM
50's Prime Time Cafe Dinner  4:25 PM

Thursday, September 12, 2013
Epcot?
Yachtsman Steakhouse Dinner  7:20 PM

Friday, September 13, 2013
Magic Kingdom in the morning!
Be Our Guest - Lunch - Fastpass+ 1:20PM - 1:35PM
Villains Party!

Saturday, September 14, 2013
Disney's Pop Century Resort  Check Out :(

So what does everyone think?! I'm super excited, being this is my first 'adult' trip I'm kinda nervous that I won't live up to my parent's perfection! Lets see how it goes! :wizard:

Hi there! So I decided to check this out precisely because of your title. Such a good choice, it definitely made me laugh too. Hope you have a great trip! My husband and I are going Sept 28 to Oct 5 and also doing our first MNSSHP. Soooo excited :banana: I look forward to hearing more about your trip!

Hi there! So I decided to check this out precisely because of your title. Such a good choice, it definitely made me laugh too. Hope you have a great trip! My husband and I are going Sept 28 to Oct 5 and also doing our first MNSSHP. Soooo excited :banana: I look forward to hearing more about your trip!

Awesome!!! So exciting, I did MVMCP a couple years ago but I'm thinking Halloween will be better :hmghost:

Following along. :)

WELCOME! :wave2:

Well, a lot has happened since our magical trip and while we were booking our next trip ... I remembered I NEVER even updated this TR once :worried:
So I'm going to attempt to remember what I can however, the pictures of our first day at DtD will probably be uploaded later since they didn't save to my memory card but to my camera :furious:

:wizard:

Day one
I have no patience when it comes to the ride down there so we ended up leaving Friday night and driving straight through. It was an easy 15 hour ride, I like driving over night instead of during the day so we checked into POP at 9am. We added an additional night to our hotel so we had a day-before park day in Downtown Disney.

It was VERY easy for me to book the extra night on our drive in, my mom used to always do this since my dad was also very impatient and wanted to get the ride over with instead of staying the night in a hotel on the way there.

I called and they asked if we wanted to stay in the same room the whole trip, she said that she may not be able to honor our king bed but it wasn't that big of a deal! We had a great room on the bottom floor right next to the lake facing AoA. It was close to the lobby and also to the parking lot, so I LOVED it. :banana:

Roy was so tired since he drove the entire way basically :cool2: so I thought he would want to take it easy.. NOPE. He wanted to go right to Downtown Disney without wasting anytime. So we first got food in the food court and headed to my beloved Disney bus. We walked around Downtown, I got my halloween ear headband and then we went back to the room.

We HAD reservations at Raglan but we both slept from the time we got back to the room until 10pm. Woke up realized we missed our reservations and went right back to bed.

We were super rested for our first day at MK!!!!! We got breakfast before the sun came up and we were on our way. We made it to the rope drop.. I don't have many pictures of this day yet because of the memory card thing but I'll just load a bunch from the first day! Enjoy!:cloud9:

DISCLAIMER:
I am a complete ham when it comes to pictures, I love them... Roy on the other hand not so much. I have a 5 year old boyfriend that I'm always yelling at to "SMILE" "STOP MAKING THAT FACE" "ILL BUY YOU A COOKIE IF YOU TAKE A GOOD PICTURE" :rotfl2:

DSCN0492.jpg

DSCN0490.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg

DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0497.jpg

blurry view from our room.

DSCN0501.jpg

5AM photoshoot.

DSCN0533.jpg

First TS meal of the trip! MMMMM :worship:

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0539.jpg

isn't he cute?? :furious:

DSCN0544.jpg

DSCN0556.jpg

a really flattering picture of me.

DSCN0557.jpg

that moment you realize your camera's flash isn't off...:rolleyes1

DSCN0561.jpg

DSCN0563.jpg

Park Day Two - EPCOT

I will pat myself on the back and say for Roy's first trip in two decades he still brags to everyone about how awesomely planned this trip was. We didn't wait in any lines and our ADRs were great!

Day two we got to Epcot pretty early and had a great day!
Roy did get a little grumpy after our super awesome car in Test Track did not load. This was VERY important to him, but other than that we had a smooth day.

DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0570.jpg

DSCN0579.jpg

Look at this beautiful day!!

DSCN0583.jpg

DSCN0597.jpg

DSCN0599.jpg

DSCN0603.jpg

DSCN0604.jpg

DSCN0605.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0649.jpg

So... day three (DHS) was the day I forgot my camera... :sad2:

DAY FOUR: ANIMAL KINGDOM

We woke up early and ate breakfast at POP. We made it to animal kingdom wayyyy too early and waited about 45 minutes before the welcome rope drop .. whoops. We ran to the safari, the animals were going crazy as you'll be able to see. There was a baby giraffe who held up all the cars for atleast 10 minutes and everytime a handler would come over it would run in a circle really fast :rotfl2:

I'm a ride marathoner, I will ride any ride in Disney as many times as I can. This time we rode EE I think 8-9 times in a row without any line! :cool1:

One more thing, we rode Kali River Rapids even though Roy hates getting his 'normal' clothes wet. I explained to him that his chances of getting soaked were slim :rolleyes1
As we are approaching the line he starts seeing all of the poor unfortunate soaked souls and tries to turn around. But, I get him on it. When we get on there are two people completely DRENCHED saying they hope they get soaked even more as Roy is about to jump off the ride.

Finally we are going down the hill and the raft swifts so Roy is the lucky one.... his face was pure FEAR. I could hardly watch :happytv:

DSCN0672-1.jpg

DSCN0676-1.jpg

DSCN0686-1.jpg

DSCN0692.jpg

DSCN0697-1.jpg

DSCN0698-1.jpg

DSCN0707-1.jpg

DSCN0716.jpg

DSCN0724-1.jpg

DSCN0732.jpg

DSCN0729.jpg

DSCN0737.jpg

DSCN0738.jpg

DSCN0744.jpg

DSCN0746-1.jpg

DSCN0753-1.jpg

DSCN0772.jpg

DSCN0769.jpg

DSCN0792-1.jpg

UP NEXT YAK AND YETI!:dance3:

We had lunch ADRs at Yak and Yeti and it did not disappoint! I don't think I'll ever go to WDW without going to Y&Y. Love it!

DSCN0837-1.jpg

DSCN0834-1.jpg

DSCN0838-1.jpg

DSCN0839.jpg

DSCN0840-1.jpg

DSCN0844.jpg

DSCN0843.jpg

That meal looks so good! I've never had an ADR (been a value kid myself) but now that I can afford to dine, I have to consider my picky eater. Blah! Oh well, I"ll just live vicariously though you! Love the Ears btw!

PS You forgot your camera? Nooooo ):

That meal looks so good! I've never had an ADR (been a value kid myself) but now that I can afford to dine, I have to consider my picky eater. Blah! Oh well, I"ll just live vicariously though you! Love the Ears btw!

PS You forgot your camera? Nooooo ):

Yak and Yeti is a great place! BUT maybe not for a picky eater, if the picky eater likes beef and broccoli they may like this !

MICKEYS NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!

Here is the moment I have been waiting for since forever, literally halloween and disney?! This was the best night ever! I've been to MVMCP and loved it and now to be able to attend the first MNSSHP of the 2013 season I could hardly contain myself :cool1:

PS is it wrong that I loved how they made sure everyone with a band got out of the park? As much as it sucks to have the park closing at 7pm I was happy that Disney put their foot down and made sure no one took advantage of the time the ticket holders paid. pixiedust:

DSCN0909.jpg

When I saw this guy I knew it was worth the extra money.

DSCN0884-1.jpg

DSCN0881.jpg

DSCN0876.jpg

DSCN0871.jpg

DSCN0852.jpg

DSCN0914.jpg

Pre-party dinner @ Cosmic Ray's

DSCN0929-1.jpg

DSCN0940.jpg

DSCN0959-1.jpg

I had a lot of fun at MNSSHP but I must say it was pretty annoying how many times the cast members had to beg people to get their feet out of the street. What part of HEADLESS HORSEMAN do you not understand?
:sad2:

The next morning we woke up early and caught a monorail to Kona Cafe, no reservations needed. We were sat within 15 minutes.

Can ya tell how humid it was??
DSCN0967.jpg

DSCN0975.jpg

DSCN0974-1.jpg

CRACK JUICE
DSCN0981-1.jpg

DSCN0982.jpg

DSCN0983-1.jpg

DSCN0984.jpg

DSCN0988-1.jpg

after breakfast we caught up on some EPCOT! Also, while I was looking through my pictures I noticed that it didn't rain ONCE. :beach:

Fancy dinner night!

DSCN1009-1.jpg

DSCN1010.jpg

First and only alcoholic drink I've ever had in Disney! :banana:

DSCN1011.jpg

He's would KILL me if he saw I posted this...
DSCN1014.jpg

DSCN1016-1.jpg

DSCN1018-1.jpg

DSCN1019-1.jpg

DSCN1024-1.jpg

DSCN1025.jpg

DSCN1027.jpg

DSCN1033.jpg

DSCN1035.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter