• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISing Weightloss Club

carissanboys

DIS Veteran
Howdy! :wave2:

Welcome to the DISing Weightloss Club :cheer2:

A bunch of us over on the Trip Reports (and PTR's!) Board have been chatting about losing weight and getting in shape. Perhaps it's the possibility of Spring in the air that's motivating us :flower3: Maybe some of us have an upcoming trip to Disney that we want to look our best for ::MickeyMo

We decided to start a support group to help motivate one another. A place that we can go to and share our triumphs and struggles, goals, tips, recipes, etc. without clogging up our already "chatty" TR's ;)

Even if you've never been to the Trip Report Board (maybe you didn't even know there WAS one :rolleyes1 ), please feel free to join us and post. The more the merrier!

Why don't we start by introducing ourselves and posting our goals - whatever they may be, as long as they are health related. Feel free to post a picture of yourself if you're comfortable with that. It's always nice to have a face to match up with a name :)

If you're new to this thread, introduce yourself and we'll add you to the list. We weigh-in on Fridays and that's when we update the weightloss totals (check the following post for our list).

Let's get started!! :cool1:

Okay guys here is where the official list will be posted now. I'll update it every time somebody new joins our group and on weigh-in day which is every Friday for those who are new to our group. I am following Carissa's original format so this weeks weigh in will be posted next to your name with your total progress in brackets next to that.

Here We Go!

carissanboys (Carissa) + 4 lbs (holding even)

wirki (Debbie) -1.5 (-2.5)

VroomVroomLightning (Holly) -3 (-11 lbs)

mkluvsmickey (Michelle) no loss (- 5 lb)

Lifelong Dreamer (Lessa) -1 (-4)

scottny (Scott) no loss (+ 1 lbs)

blue eyes5212 (Amanda) -7.2

pooksma - 2 lbs

kaysmommie (Nichole) no loss (-1.5)

camelotcats (Angela) no loss (-2)

BeckWhy (Becky) -2 (-4.2 lbs)

Crazy4Disney06 (Randi) no loss

Golfing Goofy no loss

SwansLoveDisney (Julie) +2 (-4)

stitchlet no loss

Jengi4 (Jen) +.6 (-2.5)

Phibbles

Mssladybug

paysensmom (Heather)

monte

nts4wdw (Lynn) -4.6 (-6.6)

bouncycat (Christie)

crystalcml (Crystal) -2 (-4)

kimiza no loss

Stacybaeasm (Stacy)

Mrs Grumpy -2

KatGarcia (Kat)

samiet620 (Samie)

HeatherZ719 (Heather) -2.4 (-8.4)

edwardscpfd (Rob) holding even

Hey there, thanks for starting this up, what a great idea!

I think a lot of you will probably be familiar with me already as I am a regular on the trip report boards.

My goal is to get down to approx 145 by my December WDW/Cruise vacation. I hope to lose an average of 5-10 pounds a month. If I lose more a month great but I am trying to be realistic and lose the weight steadily and not all at once. I hope this way I stand a better chance of keeping it off! :cutie:

My name is Carissa and I'll be turning 34 at the end of this month.

recentcarissa.jpg

I have three boys and haven't lost all of my pregnancy weight from my 2nd. Wait. That's not totally true. I did lose the weight two years ago, but then gained all of it back once I moved back to the states :sad2: I've since lost about 5 pounds somehow. I want to lose that additional 15 lbs as well as 20 more. These are my goals:

* Continue to follow South Beach diet (I'm on day 4 of Phase 1).
* Walk daily for 45 minutes.
* Be consistent.
* Mini-goal is to lose 15 pounds.
* Major-goal is to lose a total of 35 pounds.
* I'd like to eventually start jogging instead of fast walking (or a combo).
* Eat more fruits and veggies.
* Continue with my water intake.

Things have been going great since I began SB on Tuesday. No problems. I've walked when I was able (dh was gone for 2 days), but I'll be walking later today. Walking outside while listening to music on my ipod is my favorite form of exercise as well as the only type that I will stick with. I love getting the time alone to myself and in the winter when the sunshine is lacking, the time outside is essential to my body.

Next? :)

Okay well let's see :scratchin

My name is Lessa and I am 24 years old. As stated above I would like to lose 5-10 pounds a month until I hit around 145. That is my goal weight for now although I would possibly like to go lower than that but we shall see with time. I put on most of my weight when I started University and became completely lazy! :laughing: Here's a picture of me with my two brothers this past July.

image101.jpg

Right now I am exercising at home as it is too cold/snowy outside for outdoor activities. I have recently purchased The Biggest Loser workout DVD, and it has been going well so far. I also have an elliptical trainer at home which I am going to try and use more often.

Once Spring gets here I plan on walking for at least an hour each day working up to a jog. I have looked at the Couch to 5K Plan and it looks interesting so I may try that out. On top of the daily walking I plan on keeping up with the workout DVD as well.

I'm trying to eat better as well, although I am a struggling pizza addict. ;) I make sure to drink lots of water every day though, even if I don't do so well on the healthy eating for the day I always make sure to get my water in.

OK, I am here. :)

I had 2 kids in 12 months, both c-sections, and never lost the weight after my second child. I didn't think I looked THAT BAD until we got our pics back from our May '07 trip to WDW. OOF! I cried, was embarrassed and resolved NOT to look like that this year, or ever again.

It was this picture from our trip last year that motivated me to lose weight seriously:

DSCN0371.jpg

I weighed 196 in that picture (I'm 5'9"). :sad2: I have already lost 18 lbs (it was 20, but then I ate lots of birthday cake and ice cream!!), and I would like to lose about 23 more with a final goal of 155. (much heavier than I was in colege, but maintinable.

Ironically, when I lose weight, my bust stays the same,which is another reason I don't want to lose too much. I have to buy clothes for my shoulders and bust anyway.

My current goal is to be 175 by my trip in April, and solidly into my size 10/12 cargoes. :)

I have been using portion control, which works really well for me. No food is "bad". I based it loosely on a book called "the SKinny". I recommend this book. I am losing slowly, but steadily. I just need to get my activity level up and my stress levels down. Yeah....right.

THe only problem with this "diet" is that I don't eat a wole lot at a meal. I LOOOVE restaurants with "tiny" portions, because then I clean my plate. I have gotten reall good at cooking fish and veggies, too, though DH still dislikes my rice. Oh well. He LOOOOVES my Mashed potatoes, thoug....too bad we can't have those every day. LOL

Hi Lessa :) I love your name! And that's a great picture :) I have two brothers as well (I'm in the middle).

I've looked at couch to 5k many times and hope to eventually work my way there. I love to hear about people that never use to jog and are now doing 5 miles easily.

Glad you made it over Angela! And congrats on the 20 lbs lost so far! :)

Aren't photos the most motivating factor? Seriously, that's what has gotten me off my butt. I also find it funny that as we get older, our ideal weight kind of gets higher. Right now I'd like to weigh 150, which is what my lowest was as an adult. I thought I looked pretty good then, but I still wanted to lose about 15 pounds. Now I'd give anything to be back at 150.

I think portion control is the KEY. It's a habit that I've had a hard time breaking because growing up my parents put huge amounts of food on our plates. I try to remember that when I put food on my boys' plates.

Hi! :hippie: Thanks for starting this thread.

My name is Michelle and I am 35 years old. I'd like to lose 25 pounds which would bring me back to pre-pregnancy weight. I had my daughter 8 years ago! :laughing:

We have a few trips planned for the summer and it would be great to fit in to my clothes better. And bathing suits will be involved. :eek:

I go through phases with exercising but have not been doing too well lately. I know exercise is the key for me. I try to eat healthy but I do like to eat so I'm not willing to give up too much - just trying to eat smart.

Maybe we can have a day of the week where have a weigh-in and post our progress? Maybe some accountablility will help me. ;)

I will try to find a picture to post later.

Hey Angela :wave2:

Hi Lessa :) I love your name! And that's a great picture :) I have two brothers as well (I'm in the middle).

I've looked at couch to 5k many times and hope to eventually work my way there. I love to hear about people that never use to jog and are now doing 5 miles easily.

Thank You, my dad got my name from The Dragon Riders of Pern books. He really liked the main character and so he decided to name me after her. I'm a big reader so I love that I am named after a character from a great book series and not many other people other have my name so it is unique. :cutie:

I'm determined to get back into jogging. In my younger days I ran track for my school, my relay team even placed first place once at a meet. I hate knowing that I used to be able to run like that and now I can't so I am determined that I will get back into jogging at least. ;)

Maybe we can have a day of the week where have a weigh-in and post our progress? Maybe some accountablility will help me. ;)

Hey Michelle! I think that is a great idea about having a weigh-in day. Perhaps Fridays would work with everybody since that is the day of the week this thread was started on and all? ;)

Hi! :hippie: Thanks for starting this thread.

My name is Michelle and I am 35 years old. I'd like to lose 25 pounds which would bring me back to pre-pregnancy weight. I had my daughter 8 years ago! :laughing:

Hi Michelle :)

I think that's a great idea. Would Monday be a good weigh-in day?

Thank You, my dad got my name from The Dragon Riders of Pern books. He really liked the main character and so he decided to name me after her. I'm a big reader so I love that I am named after a character from a great book series and not many other people other have my name so it is unique. :cutie:

I agree. That is VERY cool. I love having a name that isn't very common (and yours is less so than mine). I use to hate it when I was younger because people couldn't pronounce it or spell it, but now I love it.

Lessa said:
I'm determined to get back into jogging. In my younger days I ran track for my school, my relay team even placed first place once at a meet. I hate knowing that I used to be able to run like that and now I can't so I am determined that I will get back into jogging at least. ;)

It'll probably come back to you easier since you're experienced with running.

Hey Michelle! I think that is a great idea about having a weigh-in day. Perhaps Fridays would work with everybody since that is the day of the week this thread was started on and all? ;)

That sound good! And since today is Friday maybe anyone who wants to can post their starting weight. Can't believe I just said that. I hardly ever weigh myself but maybe that is what I need. I'm going to do it now.......

Friday works for me too :) Might be good before any slip ups over the weekend :rolleyes1

I agree. That is VERY cool. I love having a name that isn't very common (and yours is less so than mine). I use to hate it when I was younger because people couldn't pronounce it or spell it, but now I love it.

:laughing: I know what you mean, everybody thinks my name is pronounced Lisa when they first see it. I always have to correct them and tell them it is pronounced Less-ah ,but after that it is always fine and they get it.

It'll probably come back to you easier since you're experienced with running.

I hope so. It has been so long though and I am so out of shape. :guilty:

That sound good! And since today is Friday maybe anyone who wants to can post their starting weight. Can't believe I just said that. I hardly ever weigh myself but maybe that is what I need. I'm going to do it now.......

:laughing: I always dread weighing myself yet I can't seem to help doing it every morning. :rolleyes: I'm at work right now but if I am courageous perhaps I will post my starting weight when I get home. ;)

Friday works for me too :) Might be good before any slip ups over the weekend :rolleyes1

:laughing: ;)

Ok - I just weighed myself for the first time in a while. My bathroom scale reads 190 lbs. Pretty much what I expected.

Here is a picture from October:
372057957110_0_ALB.jpg

I'm at 184 today.

Maybe after we have more people joining in on this thread and people start losing (or whatever their health goal is), I can put a list in the first post with everyone's name and how much they've lost, etc. and update it weekly. What do you think?

I'm at 184 today.

Maybe after we have more people joining in on this thread and people start losing (or whatever their health goal is), I can put a list in the first post with everyone's name and how much they've lost, etc. and update it weekly. What do you think?

Great idea! I really think having to post each week will be good motivation. :thumbsup2

I'm at 184 today.

That's a great idea and should help people with their motivation as well as they can easily see how they have done and how the rest of us are doing as well. :thumbsup2

I would love to start in this group!! My name is Holly and I am 22 years old. I am severely overweight and want to change that. I know I need to start small with what I want to lose. I am the person who says "When it gets warmer I am going to start walking" lol....:goodvibes

Lessa, it was kind of ironic that you looked at the couch potato to 5K because I was looking at that also. And thought that is my goal to start that. But first I need to start with the basic exercising..Where did you buy your Biggest Loser workout DVD? I would love to look for that and start with that at home.

My first goal is going to be 30 pounds. I don't know how long I am giving myself to achieve that goal I just want to see how I progress after about two weeks. My ultimate weight loss I want to lose about 130 pounds. With being 5'7' I wouldn't look right if I was really small..lol...:banana:

This week I have started off by eating less and not snacking as much, and if I do snack it has been veggies or fruits. Oh and I like my Nutri grain bars too...MMMM...One of those in the afternoon is good...I need to start drinking more water and plan on going out today and buying a lot of bottled water since I am difficult and refuse to drink tap water..lol...

Here is a picture of me............

That's me on the left and my friend from college on the right!!

I am so excited to be in this group...if I am welcome..lol...I visit the TR a lot but since I'm not going til October I don't have one yet..But I do hava pre TR started on those boards..It is slowly coming together :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter