Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort Rationing Room Key Cards (8-10-23)

Well, that's interesting. If it's a chip shortage, why is it only affecting the cards for Ft W? You'd think it'd be a resort-wide issue with all the hotels.

Are the cards specifically printed with each resort's name on it or 'color-coded' in some way? We're in our trailer and use MB so don't normally have key cards.

Exactly. A chip shortage would also effect the MB's. We have on received the card's once, before MB's so I don't know if they have changed the way and are now resort specific. They were standard for all resorts and similar to what you would get on a cruise with them basically blank (they had a design) and printed with information on them at check in.

This is what they looked like and from what I remember would have your name and some other info like dates and if you had the Dining Plan would note that with something like DDP.
1691711973397.png

Last stay at CS my room key was also my park ticket. (I don’t use a Magic Band

They want you to purchase the MB though. This could just be their foot in the door with ending room keys

I agree. This seems to be some sort of 'test' for either limiting key cards or 'requiring' MBs. Or at the least making it very inconvenient if you don't have an MB. If they're going to start requiring MB then they're going to have to go back to 'free with resort stay'. But of course, 'free' just means they'll add $200 or so per nite to the room rate.

Maybe it makes sense 'sample wise' to use the Cabins since there are only 300-ish of them as opposed to a hotel that may have 600+ rooms. As far as 'customer satisfaction' goes I can't see the Desk at a Deluxe telling someone paying $1000+ per night "Sorry you can only have 2 cards per room. Your family of 4/6/8 will just have to figure it out"?

I ran into this also during our 2 week stay end of June/early July.

We had 7 people on our campsite reservation, but only 4 of us had MB. We were told we could get 1 card for the other 3 people. When I asked how they were going to get into the parks, I was told they would have to use MDE which they didn’t have accounts. I was eventually given 3 cards for them and all ended well.

You would think that they would give out the cards to only those that ask for them and when they're gone, they're gone until their new shipment comes in. I'm surprised that they can't eat the cost of the Magic Bands when it's the resort's issue for not being able to get the cards even though it's out of their control. After all they used to always give out the basic free Magic Bands before the COVID shutdown.

Is it really a supply issue? I called Disney pulling this a while back. Pretty much requiring a magicband purchase in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter