Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

Thank you to everyone that responded with their shipping/receipt times. We received all of them and charged them. I paired mine with my phone and was able to update and connect it.

I can't get the other two MagicBand+'s to update and connect however. There are three of us with +'s, two hotel/ticket packages/reservations, and I am managing them all through my WDW account. I called to book to be sure I could manage both reservations and it has been fine. The other two +'s are fully charged, but won't connect to the app on my phone. Any thoughts as to why? We also tried creating an account for one of the other people but we can't link her MagicBand+ to her account because she is linked to my acct via the reservation (she's also the other person on the reservation in my name). I tried linking the reservation to her acct also and it wouldn't let us. Any ideas what we are doing wrong?

Thank you to everyone that responded with their shipping/receipt times. We received all of them and charged them. I paired mine with my phone and was able to update and connect it.

I can't get the other two MagicBand+'s to update and connect however. There are three of us with +'s, two hotel/ticket packages/reservations, and I am managing them all through my WDW account. I called to book to be sure I could manage both reservations and it has been fine. The other two +'s are fully charged, but won't connect to the app on my phone. Any thoughts as to why? We also tried creating an account for one of the other people but we can't link her MagicBand+ to her account because she is linked to my acct via the reservation (she's also the other person on the reservation in my name). I tried linking the reservation to her acct also and it wouldn't let us. Any ideas what we are doing wrong?
Try connecting each band to that person’s phone. They will need MDE on their phone and your login (if you manage their profile). Good luck!

Try connecting each band to that person’s phone. They will need MDE on their phone and your login (if you manage their profile). Good luck!
Thank you!! That is the missing link....we were trying to log them into their own account..... we will try again with my login! Thank you!!!

We have old magic bands that I know can be used. I just linked our new park tickets to MDE. Are the new tickets I just added automatically linked to our magic bands in MDE? Or are there additional steps I need to do to ensure the new tickets link to the old magic bands? TIA.

We have old magic bands that I know can be used. I just linked our new park tickets to MDE. Are the new tickets I just added automatically linked to our magic bands in MDE? Or are there additional steps I need to do to ensure the new tickets link to the old magic bands? TIA.
Think of your MB as a key to open a chest that holds your park tickets, ADRs, Genie+LL, etc. As long as the MB is Active in your MDE account, it will open that chest and pull out whatever you need at the moment - for example, when tapping into the park, it will pull up your park ticket. So, no worries! Just review your list of Magic Bands and Cards in MDE to be sure your MBs are listed as Active. If listed as Inactive, just tap to turn them Active again.

Hi so MB+ is coming to disneyland in the next 2 week, though information says 1( an inside friend). I'm wondering because I've read reviews on the shopdisney site that they tend to peel if it has a graphic on it, say the castle. Does anyone have a suggestion that's been used to put a coating over the band so that doesn't happen. (Some bad examples wd40, a Clearwater of some sort..) thank you

Hi so MB+ is coming to disneyland in the next 2 week, though information says 1( an inside friend). I'm wondering because I've read reviews on the shopdisney site that they tend to peel if it has a graphic on it, say the castle. Does anyone have a suggestion that's been used to put a coating over the band so that doesn't happen. (Some bad examples wd40, a Clearwater of some sort..) thank you

My daughter’s didn’t peel at all during our trip. It doesn’t even look like it is a sticker. I have 2 that came after our trip beside me here and I tried to scratch the design off both of them just now to see and it appears imprinted on the bands. I could not get it to scratch off or peel at all. I wonder if it limited to some designs. She wore orange bird and I tried to scratch off the pink one with the castle and the 4 park white one

Can someone confirm my understanding of this could work for our next trip?
  • We are staying at the Dolphin
  • MB will NOT unlock resort room door
    • Marriott app WILL unlock resort room door
  • MB will NOT allow us to charge merch/food in parks to my resort bill
    • Magic Mobile (phone) WILL allow us to charge merch/food in parks to a credit card associated with My Disney Experience account
  • MB WILL allow us to get into the parks, tap in at lightning lanes
    • Magic Mobile (phone) will also allow us to get into the parks, tap in at lightning lanes
    • Physical card (ticket) will also allow us to get into the parks, tap in at lightning lanes
  • MB+ WILL allow us to do the interactive features in park
We have two teens going with us and I expect we may be doing separate things at some point so I want to be sure they are empowered.

Thanking in advance!

Does anyone know if disney restocks the old regular magic bands for resort guests. We have a January trip and don't want or need the new magic band plus. We just want the regular ones as they are only $10 for resort guests. However, there only seem to be a couple of colors left. None of the normal colors for the old bands. Should I keep looking to see if they restock or are they just restocking magic band plus options. We have magic bands from 2019 but would pay the $10 for new ones to make sure the long range battery is active but at $30 each, not worth it and I don't think the "plus" features are anything to write home about.

I currently have a non-expiring ticket with a few days left and a package with 6 day tickets on it. If I connect my package tickets to my MDE account and use my MagicBand2 will it pull the non-expiring tickets first or do you still have to put in the hierarchy of the tickets to use? 6 day first - non-expiring second as it was in the past? I always had to go to guest relations to make sure that package tickets were pulled first not the non-expiring tickets. Edit - never mind I had to call technical support for MDE and they were able to prioritize the tickets.

Last edited:
So, if I pair my daughter’s MB+ to my phone and MDE account, will her MB+ still fully function if I am somewhere else? It doesn’t need to be within Bluetooth range of my phone for anything? (Other than updating)

I am trying to purchase magicbands through MDE with our stay. I get to the checkout and for the past couple days I keep getting an error that they cannot retrieve my payment method. Is there a way to purchase these via phone or does it have to be online?

Does anyone know if disney restocks the old regular magic bands for resort guests. We have a January trip and don't want or need the new magic band plus. We just want the regular ones as they are only $10 for resort guests. However, there only seem to be a couple of colors left. None of the normal colors for the old bands. Should I keep looking to see if they restock or are they just restocking magic band plus options. We have magic bands from 2019 but would pay the $10 for new ones to make sure the long range battery is active but at $30 each, not worth it and I don't think the "plus" features are anything to write home about.
I need the regular Magic Bands, too! Our trip is in one month. 😬 Missed out on ordering 3 months ago when they had most colors in stock!

Someone is selling MagicBands online for a good deal. They said they “removed” their name from them. Can I use these them and have them linked to my account?

Someone is selling MagicBands online for a good deal. They said they “removed” their name from them. Can I use these them and have them linked to my account?
Once linked to an individual, MBs cannot be transferred to anyone else. I’ve read of it being done, but only by a Disney CM under very unusual circumstances. I wouldn’t buy such a MB - would not trust it to link to my account. Sorry.

Definitely not worth the risk as this is someone who must likely does not know how MB work or, is just trying to make money from people who do not know better.

A used band cannot be transferred to another person. You would be wasting your money.

Anyone else notice older Magicbands being marked LOST in their My Disney Experience under Bands and Cards?

While I have a lot of bands dating back to our 2014 trip, I mark them inactive as I stop using them, and limit the number of bands/cards marked active.

As I've added a few new bands recently, when I went to mark a few older bands inactive, some of them were marked LOST. I know I haven't marked any lost (as they are all on my shelf at home).

Just to follow up on my experience using the MagicBand+ with children under 13 with the in park experiences like Fab50 Statue Quest and Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters. I thought I had asked and someone was kind enough to reply, but I can't find it, so...

We only did the Fab 50 Quest, but I imagine the experience would be the same for the Batuu Bounty Hunters.

Our son Dom's Disney account was setup and managed by me since he's been going since 1.5 years old. My wife has her own (I can't remember why). He turned 13 last January, so he can have is own My Disney account. Leading up to our October trip, I called Disney and had him split off to his own My Disney Experience account. So now he has his own My Disney account, with all his bands linked (past and present) and our resort/dining reservations were in there. We made sure his new MB+ was paired and connected to his phone. Once that was done, I had him setup a Play Parks account and sign in.
When we got to the parks, the "adults" (13 and over) who have our own My Disney Experience and Play Parks accounts, checked our phones to make sure we were still signed into our Disney World apps and our bands showed they were connected (under bands and cards in the app). When ready to start the quest, we launched the play parks app, signing in as ourselves, flipped through and started the Fab 50 Quest for that park, let the Play Parks app run in the background, and went about our day, collecting statues as we saw them.

The question mark was My friend Dave's son Gibby who is 8. He can't have his own My Disney Experience account because he is under 13. He does have his own phone (without cell service, he just uses Wifi). We found that YES, Gibby could make/have his own Play Disney Parks account (there is no age restriction for this). Being under 13, Dave still manages Gibby's My Disney account under his. What we ended up with was, Parent (Dave) signed into Disney app/account on child's (Gibby's) phone, child's MB+ paired/connected to child's phone, and Child signed into Child's Play Parks on child's phone app. This allowed Gibby to also do the Fab 50 quest as himself. While Dave used his own accounts on his own phone, with his own MB+ to do the quest at the same time.

A few things:
1. I have a spare cell line on my family account (long story), so we put that SIM in Gibby's phone for the trip so he had cell service (Dave appreciated the added comfort of knowing they could call each other if they got separated). So we don't know what would have happened if Gibby only used in-park WIFI (or hotspot on Dave's phone) for his internet connection instead of cellular.

2. Dave stayed signed into the Disney World app on Gibby's phone because there were several occasions the band dropped connection and had to be re-connected. So we don't know what would happen for Gibby if Dave wasn't signed into Disney World app/account on Gibby's phone. Now they had iPhones. My wife, our son and I have Android (Galaxy S22Ultra, Note 20Ultra and Note10+) our bands stayed connected all day (even when I checked mine). We did have a day or two (out of 8 days) where we had to reconnect a band first thing in the morning, after charging the band overnight.

3. We don't know what would have happened if Gibby didn't have his own phone. Could Dave and Gibby's bands have been paired/connected only to Dave's phone to play? But how would that work with the Play Parks app, and collecting the statues in there? It seems like each player needs their own phone/device but we didn't attempt to confirm this.

My family is staying off-site. I would like to purchase just the basic magic band (not the plus). However, when I go to the Disney Store I don't see any. Am I missing something? Can I still purchase a basic magic band? If so, how?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter