Disney’s MARVELous Super Hero - New You - New Year Celebration – January 2017!!

What @4Mickeys said about my past history rang a bell and I had very good thing about what I want out of this year and what is going wrong. And you know what, this week it went wrong as I was too tried and too hungry and cranky and too worried about the program and the scale and not enough about living happy and healthy. So here is what I came up with

1st I hate to admit but I am pretty happy with how I look so I don't feel very motivated to lose weight. Is this terrible? Like I don't think of myself OMG, you are amazing, like a model type of thing. But I feel pretty awesome for a 38 year old mum that works full time in IT. So while I do want the scale to go down tiny little bit more down this year, it's not really goal or priority. I am conflicting myself - I look at the mirror and I feel pretty awesome about the weight loss and progress done, I am very content. And than, trying to convince myself I need to diet is just not happening right now

2nd Working out. What do I want to get out of it. Well, I am not after body fat %, flat abs, bikini shoots, a specific event type of goals. Not at all. Again - I am 38, mother, example to a child, that wants to live happy life and use working out to keep strong and healthy and be able to do more outside the gym, not less. I don't want to walk around drained. I just want to live happy and learn how to keep my body strong, to deal with hyper mobility to continue not be an issue for me and keep my posture as good as it can be. I did great getting the new program on 20th of December and doing 3 days on working out, 1 off, 3 on. +15000 steps daily. Back in work, school drop offs, school picks up, homework. All that may not add to many calories but believe me - it adds up to real, physical tiredness.

So what I am saying. Well I don't really know yet! I am making it up as I go haha.

What do I need to do? It's the same thing I had to ask myself during weight loss again and again.

I need to make it easy for myself. I need to make sure I don't let myself make it hard (and that happend last week, thanks @4Mickeys for the reminder of what is going on!) I need to focus on keeping it happy and sustainable and make sure I enjoy what I do and how I live.

How do I do that?

I need to make it easy for myself to sustain healthy habits.

Cut my step count as I feel little too tired to be happy. New daily goal - not specific, but between 10 000 and not more than 15000
Cut my calorie deficit goal to 0 to 200 daily only, and be ok with 0
Cut the treat calories and focus on satiating meals more, and one 4 pm snack
Add more rest days. It may be 2 days on, 1 off, 1 on, 1 off repeat. Or one on one off.
I will spend time today doing food prep and other things (as clothes for each day). I will pre chop veggies, pre cook & freeze meals

I come home from work 5:30 with my son. I need to have the meal ready for him and I need to have my full attention for him between 5:30 and 7:30, I can't be cleaning, cooking and double jobbing. I need to be mum only during that time. DH is away from work, so it's only me and DS. It can be really stressful time if I am not ready for it and can easily end up oversnacking to deal with the panic. He needs my attention for homework, and I need a peaceful time and chat with him. I need to organize myself today to make sure this happens.

What amazes me is how much the same is maintaining weight loss as it is loosing. i still have to try to keep it happy. I still have to keep and eye on calories. I still have to keep an eye on exercise. I still need to review how things are going and take change of course.

I am not very good at setting up monthly goals and keep changing them but being part of this forum is very helpful for me. Thanks @4Mickeys for making me think

Spamming you like crazy today but this was too good not to share! From Georgie Fear's blog

Some questions on food and happiness

Is food making you happier?
Some of the time, all the time, none of the time?
When does it work or not work?
Does any and all food work, or only certain types of food?

When?
Are you turning to food for happiness on a day to day, regular, reliable basis, sort of as a baseline keep-my-day-interesting tactic?
Or are you turning for food to joy in a reactive sense, to help soothe you after particularly saddening episodes or events?
Are you using food to go along with another enjoyable thing (movies, company, weekend) to make it better?

What happy means to you questions
What besides food makes you feel happy? (If you can't think of anything else that makes you happy, that's okay, and not an unheard of answer.)
If you wanted to make a dear friend feel happy, how would you go about doing it?

You can read the full text at her blog. i am not linked to it, and in fact I count calories - she is anti

@MommaoffherRocker so sad to hear about the race but happy for you that you went and got your miles on your own. Yay You!!!!

Check in: 40%

I randomly decided to go to another OrangeTheory class Friday in addition to my Tuesday class so I'm 2/5! I also went to yoga on Saturday so feeling good about my activity. The scale ain't budging but whatever for now. I'm just going to keep on keeping on!

Got my walk time in already this morning. I might need a nap this afternoon as I was awake at 5 am and could not get back to sleep. It is starting to get boring just doing laps in my house so that is going to be a battle for me. Got my 9 year old's my 4-H year activity journal caught up this morning though I had to redownload Office 365 to do so. Right now it is showing that I have it on 2 devices but they are both on the same laptop. I still need to help her figure out some goals for her 2 projects before Tuesday for this month's meeting. This should be fun since she is non verbal and has no idea what a goal is so it will be something that goes with each of her projects. 11 year old has been told that she needs to start on hers of course I have been telling her that since the first part of October for the ones she is continuing from last year and since mid November for her new ones. I think she is starting to panic but not yet that will happen sometime between 1 and 2 on Tuesday afternoon when she and I have to leave by 3 to get to her martial arts class (DH brings 9 year old to me at the end of her class), followed by Bible Quiz, and then 4-H meeting. After that I am seriously considering not going outside till it is much warmer. I don't want to hear that it is cold some places when it is a high of 55. I am tired of sub zero weather and seeing just below the freezing point is considered a heat wave. Even worse is the ice.

Hey guys I'm a marathoner!!!!
View attachment 213989

And I rode EE too! Best. Race. Ever.

Yay!! I am so impressed!!! I never got further than a 10k, so a half marathon already requires a load of respect in my opinion, but you not only did a 5k and a 10k, but you followed I think up with a half marathon and then a full one! Amazing!

Hope you don't hurt too much! Congratulations!

Sorry for being so absent, once again... I meant to post a long reply today, but then ended up being so busy with stuff around the house (as well as going for my Sunday run) that I was happy to be away from the computer. I spend too much time surfing the net and today made the resolution to severely limit online time for the rest of the month. I will pop in here as you are always motivating me. But I really need to spend far less time on electronic devices!

Yay!! I am so impressed!!! I never got further than a 10k, so a half marathon already requires a load of respect in my opinion, but you not only did a 5k and a 10k, but you followed I think up with a half marathon and then a full one! Amazing!

Hope you don't hurt too much! Congratulations!
Thanks!! I did do the half on my own yesterday and I am so sore. Even the roof of my hurts (I guess I kept it open for most of the 6 hours). But it was all worth it :D

Hi everyone! I haven't had time to read all the posts, but I did get through lots!

Congrats on all the progress!!
It seems like we're doing well so far!

I have shocked even myself by staying low carb, not even 1 cheat, for a full 8 days and get this -
I am down 10 pounds!
So I am 100%

I know it's a lot of water weight, and the fat is "not long term fat" (gained during pregnancy) but I am so motivated and happy with my results. I even made it through my daughter's birthday without cheating :)

Negative- my (self diagnosed) knee bursitis/tendinitis isn't getting better, and it's been 9 days, I'm getting worried I may need to see a doctor :( I'm in a lot of pain, and caring for a 3 month old and 2 year old when I can hardly walk is really hard, it's getting me down...but right now I am just focusing on my eating habits, hopefully the extra weight will continue to fall off and my knees will heal as I get lighter.

As for my goal of losing 5lbs, I've already lost 2 since Jan 1st, so I'm at 40%!

And my running goal... I have no idea how to make into a percentage, but my last four runs were 16:09, 16:21, 17:08 (my ankles were KILLING me), and 15:57 pace averages--almost at a consistent 16 minutes!

Trying to get motivated to do some stuff around the house. I don't know if I am coming down with something or if I am just tired from lack of sleep trying to get as much work done as possible in order to earn a little side money to get us through until payday. Which hopefully will be a little better though I have a number of things I need to pay at least I won't have a major overdraft to pay.

Today was a rough day. I overslept and didn't get a chance to eat breakfast, then I got to work and was miserable until my boyfriend came in. Of course it's because I'm on caffeine withdrawal and still craving salt and sugar. -.-

I don't know what it was, but I had a major hunger attack around 7:00. I thought I was going to murder someone lol. Crazy, awful thoughts entered my head, most of them involving cheeseburgers and fries. I wanted to cheat... but hey, I didn't! I fought the villains :) and I won.

My boyfriend went to subway and I had a six inch on wheat with all the veggies and a chicken breast. No mayo or cheese. Filled me up and I didn't cheat. Guilt free and feeling good :)

But I'm sure the hunger pangs will get angry and strike again...

Hi everyone! I haven't had time to read all the posts, but I did get through lots!

Congrats on all the progress!!
It seems like we're doing well so far!

I have shocked even myself by staying low carb, not even 1 cheat, for a full 8 days and get this -
I am down 10 pounds!
So I am 100%

I know it's a lot of water weight, and the fat is "not long term fat" (gained during pregnancy) but I am so motivated and happy with my results. I even made it through my daughter's birthday without cheating :)

Negative- my (self diagnosed) knee bursitis/tendinitis isn't getting better, and it's been 9 days, I'm getting worried I may need to see a doctor :( I'm in a lot of pain, and caring for a 3 month old and 2 year old when I can hardly walk is really hard, it's getting me down...but right now I am just focusing on my eating habits, hopefully the extra weight will continue to fall off and my knees will heal as I get lighter.

I think any sort of weight loss is motivation :) My two friends have both lost 20 and 30 pounds and are currently at a plateau and are getting discouraged. You do start to feel that way when you're moving, but the scale isn't.

You're doing so good! What does low carb entail and how are you doing it? Do you set a certain amount per day or certain foods?

Good morning! I hope the rest of you slept better than me. I made sure to go to bed earlier than usual to actually get 8 hours of sleep. And then I kept waking up during the night, totally startled and wide awake. Normally I am someone who just falls asleep as soon as they lie down and then wakes up when the alarm goes of. Well, At least I got up when the alarm rang and did not hit the snooze button. So, my quest for better sleep and then a more relaxed morning was at least somewhat successful. Besides less internet, I decided more sleep is something else I need. I am actually thinking of changing my goal for the month to a sleep goal. 8.5 hours in bed every night (to make sure that I get more than 8 hours of actual sleep) seems like a good idea... Will let you know at the end of the day if I decide to go for it. I know that sleep helps me lose weight. As if my body needs the sleep to break down the fat it seems even.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter