Disney’s MARVELous Super Hero - New You - New Year Celebration – January 2017!!

I'm popping in again and catching up with everything! It's been a crazy few days at work. The other night after the store closed (I work at a convenience store) some dummies decided to run a flat bed truck into the side of our building in an attempt to steal the ATM. Four people yet they couldn't lift the machine, lol. They didn't steal anything but caused a bunch of damages, shelves knocked over etc. It was just a huge mess. We were an 18 hour store and now because of this incident we are 24 hour. It was effective immediately so I had to go in at 12 on my day off and stay until 6 am.

The positive side is over-time and the fact that we locked up at 12 and only take customers through the window. Also the last two nights I have had maybe seven customers combined? I just plan on watching movies on Netflix tonight during my 10-6 shift.

The downside is that my eating schedule is now EVERYWHERE. Only now my cravings come around 3 am. I feel like a newborn lol. I'm now up at all hours and I am still feeling good but now I have no clue how to get on an eating schedule. Any tips? Any at all? Bueller...? Bueller?

I'm a day late and a dollar short for Woohoo Wednesday but I just want to mention that I was in a beginner's funk because I wasn't immediately noticing any significant changes. But today I noticed that both times after getting up from sitting for long periods at a time, my legs and feet and joints didn't immediately ache!!!!!!!! I was SHOCKED. I don't know if it's all the healthy eating or water intake, but I'm so grateful! It's been so long since I could just spring up and start walking without any joint issues :)

I'm just trying to keep positive and stay true to my diet (diet in the sense of how I now eat, not the word that means restrict or whatever)

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday and if you want to come visit me I'll be at the store lol. But if I catch you getting junk food you are in so much trouble. ;)

Hey. Doing pretty good except for tonight. I just ate a hamburger, chips, a little chocolate cake and a little cookie lol. Whammed my eye really hard on our glass case at work putting stuff back in after the once weekly cleaning. The night crew cleans, then I have to put the thing all back together again--it's a lot of work and I try to do it fast...I didn't stop to ice it so now it's like the darkest purple--almost black- on half my lid to my eyebrow and out like you'd do eyeliner. People say I should just 'do' the other eye...lol. I felt nauseous all day and night so I hit my head pretty good--never had the nausea like that before (when I hit my head)... anyway went and worked out anyway the next day and now the cold I've been fighting (sorta halfheartedly since I just got over the last month long crapfest) is trying to take me out...dang it! I sat and planned out a ridiculous schedule so it would incorporate working out and now I'm just sitting here on facebook. Had to go help husband pick up my truck after work too so that by the time I got home and ate and talked to my mom that called--there just wasn't enough time. Reminds me I'm not my own god...stuff happens, you can't control everything. AA stuff y'know :-) Sold my soul to the scalpers and ended up with a sort of reasonable deal for the Seattle show and I did get my passport! I just got tired of combing the stupid ticket sites and doing endless research on which one wouldn't mess you up the worst. Out of the 3 shows at least i know the Canada show I'll get to see him as tickets were bought from the venue. Guess I should go do laundry at least tonight--something productive. I feel really yucky after eating all that. :-(

Decided to increase my walk time to 11 minutes today telling myself if I got 10 done I could call it quits. I managed to do 15 laps in 11 minutes. My house is 1530 square feet but I am not walking the entire house just from my stove to the utility/laundry room door back past the stove into the living room part of the front room and looping around in the middle and then back to the stove. Occasionally I venture into the little hallway and the bathroom for variety but since I wanted to get a lap time roughly today I didn't. One lap takes around 45 seconds. I am fine with eventually increasing it as long as I don't start running. How can I tell my kids no running in the house when I am running through the house-at that point I would need a treadmilll but since there is no place to put one that will have to wait until the basement is finished enough or even better e can secure funding for building a garage and bonus rooms above and behind on the the ground level.

I'm too tired to write out any individual responses but I just wanted to give everyone cheers. We are all doing great! So much exciting news! Healing fingers! Sleep! Non-soapy bacon! Clean houses! Paris! Japan! Disney world! Stealing ATM machines! It all makes for fun reading. Although the list of ailments (mine included) does make it seem like we need our very own personal PT for the board. :)

I cope by doing a more modified routine which is one of the biggest reasons that I am doing 10 minutes instead of more so that I can get a consistent time in as opposed to doing the recommended 20-30 minutes and having my body tell me hell to the no when my mind is saying this is something we can do and should do. I know that there are those out in the world who would not approve and would say that I am lazy, unmotivated, and don't want to loose weight

Boo to those people who would rather put down than help find a sustainable functional way to lose weight! Given your weather and physical challenges I say the 10 minutes is a great start ... and hey when you are ready you could also to 10 minutes at a different part of the day as an option rather than increasing your current 10 minute session - that way you space it out but still get the benefits! Other people would think 10 minutes why bother? So I think you are doing a great job persevering :banana:

The positive side is over-time and the fact that we locked up at 12 and only take customers through the window. Also the last two nights I have had maybe seven customers combined? I just plan on watching movies on Netflix tonight during my 10-6 shift.

Stay safe on those late shifts :-)

I'm too tired to write out any individual responses but I just wanted to give everyone cheers. We are all doing great! So much exciting news! Healing fingers! Sleep! Non-soapy bacon! Clean houses! Paris! Japan! Disney world! Stealing ATM machines! It all makes for fun reading. Although the list of ailments (mine included) does make it seem like we need our very own personal PT for the board. :)

haha loved this - and you know I never even knew tere were soap infused paper towels!

So here is the message I got from all of your injuries and plans - you are all dedicated to pursuing your healthy changes rather than using them as excuses you are finding ways to work with and around them - well done my Super Hero's :jumping1:

TGIF!!!
Welcome to Friday ... its time to suit up Iron Man style...

iron%20man%20games.jpg

Tony like some of us has an injury and he turned to tech to help him.

tony-2.jpg

Technology comes in all shapes and sizes to help us on our journeys orthotics, splints, the internet ... The DIS, activity trackers, phones, apps the list goes on and on .... It can be helpful but it can also be harmful .. like when we have too much screen time and not enough active time.

QOTD: What is your - can't do without it - technology? How is it helping on your journey?

Bonus QOTD: Do you feel you have your screen/active time in balance?

Ok I have to have a woohoo Thursday, DH said let's do the DLP half in September so I just booked it! I can't wait to get that castle to chateau medal :woohoo:

Wowza!! That is GREAT!!

I'm popping in again and catching up with everything! It's been a crazy few days at work. The other night after the store closed (I work at a convenience store) some dummies decided to run a flat bed truck into the side of our building in an attempt to steal the ATM. Four people yet they couldn't lift the machine, lol. They didn't steal anything but caused a bunch of damages, shelves knocked over etc. It was just a huge mess. We were an 18 hour store and now because of this incident we are 24 hour. It was effective immediately so I had to go in at 12 on my day off and stay until 6 am.

The downside is that my eating schedule is now EVERYWHERE. Only now my cravings come around 3 am. I feel like a newborn lol. I'm now up at all hours and I am still feeling good but now I have no clue how to get on an eating schedule. Any tips? Any at all? Bueller...? Bueller?

I'm a day late and a dollar short for Woohoo Wednesday but I just want to mention that I was in a beginner's funk because I wasn't immediately noticing any significant changes. But today I noticed that both times after getting up from sitting for long periods at a time, my legs and feet and joints didn't immediately ache!!!!!!!! I was SHOCKED. I don't know if it's all the healthy eating or water intake, but I'm so grateful! It's been so long since I could just spring up and start walking without any joint issues :)

I'm just trying to keep positive and stay true to my diet (diet in the sense of how I now eat, not the word that means restrict or whatever)

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday and if you want to come visit me I'll be at the store lol. But if I catch you getting junk food you are in so much trouble. ;)

Oh my, my my!!! First of all, stay safe on those night shifts!!

Second.... not sure what I have to offer about eating with an unusual schedule like that. I personally think what I would do is kind of pre-determine what my "normal" day is like.... breakfast within 90 minutes of rising, lunch 3-4 hours later, a snack, and then dinner.... even if the "dinner" time falls at 3 am! The hardest part will probably be reverting back to regular schedule on days off! How about making yourself some sort of "rule" about fruit-only at certain time of day? I am usually hungry as soon as I wake up, but since I often wake up at 4-5 am for my online job, I don't want to eat breakfast that early.... if so, I'd be looking for lunch by 9 am!! So my "rule" (only in my own head, of course), is coffee, water, and fruit only until at least 6:30 am.

So glad you are seeing a POSITIVE change in your body! Those NON-SCALE VICTORIES are well worth celebrating!!

Hey. Doing pretty good except for tonight. I just ate a hamburger, chips, a little chocolate cake and a little cookie lol. Whammed my eye really hard on our glass case at work putting stuff back in after the once weekly cleaning. The night crew cleans, then I have to put the thing all back together again--it's a lot of work and I try to do it fast...I didn't stop to ice it so now it's like the darkest purple--almost black- on half my lid to my eyebrow and out like you'd do eyeliner. People say I should just 'do' the other eye...lol. I felt nauseous all day and night so I hit my head pretty good--never had the nausea like that before (when I hit my head)... anyway went and worked out anyway the next day and now the cold I've been fighting (sorta halfheartedly since I just got over the last month long crapfest) is trying to take me out...dang it! I sat and planned out a ridiculous schedule so it would incorporate working out and now I'm just sitting here on facebook. Had to go help husband pick up my truck after work too so that by the time I got home and ate and talked to my mom that called--there just wasn't enough time. Reminds me I'm not my own god...stuff happens, you can't control everything. AA stuff y'know :-) Sold my soul to the scalpers and ended up with a sort of reasonable deal for the Seattle show and I did get my passport! I just got tired of combing the stupid ticket sites and doing endless research on which one wouldn't mess you up the worst. Out of the 3 shows at least i know the Canada show I'll get to see him as tickets were bought from the venue. Guess I should go do laundry at least tonight--something productive. I feel really yucky after eating all that. :-(

Oh my gosh! You never fail to have plenty of stories to share! :goodvibes TAKE CARE of yourself!! That sounds like you may have given yourself a concussion.... so please get some rest this weekend.

So here is the message I got from all of your injuries and plans - you are all dedicated to pursuing your healthy changes rather than using them as excuses you are finding ways to work with and around them - well done my Super Hero's :jumping1:

I was thinking pretty much the same thing! GO US!!!!!!

TGIF!!!

Technology comes in all shapes and sizes to help us on our journeys orthotics, splints, the internet ... The DIS, activity trackers, phones, apps the list goes on and on .... It can be helpful but it can also be harmful .. like when we have too much screen time and not enough active time.

QOTD: What is your - can't do without it - technology? How is it helping on your journey?

"Can't-do-without" technology... if I absolutely had to I could limit it to just my food scale. I lost all of my weight BEFORE there were apps and Fitbits, etc. I used a handheld paper slide WW "FlexPoints" calculator and a week-one book that listed the Points of other foods. I used (and still use) plain notebook paper as my food tracker. I created my own recipes or read cookbooks or got recipes from friends (in the days before Pinterest). I got plenty of movement and exercise LOOOONNGG before I owned a Fitbit or pedometer.... just comfy sneakers (nothing high-tech), sweatpants, and an old t-shirt.... no fancy Athleta wear. That being said.... the technology that I DO have now available is SO GREAT!! My WW app is used multiple times a day.... the barcode scanner, recipe builder, food database are all favorites. I wear my Fitbit 24/7 and it definitely is an eye opener at times.

BONUS: I definitely have waaaaaayyyyyy too much screen time as compared to active time. Pinterest is an evil time-sucking mistress! And don't even TALK to e about Facebook! :rotfl:

Morning my friends! HAPPY FRIDAY!! Super mad at myself that I TOTALLY forgot it was weigh-in day and I already had a full cup of coffee and a banana!!:sad2: So I'll pop on the scale, but don't expect a good number.... and I was going to have today be a "treat" day and if I do, tomorrow's number won't be any better. Oh well. I RARELY forget a weigh-in Friday, so I'll cut myself some slack and remind myself that it is about the LONG-TERM goals.... I have less than 2 pounds to lose to hit my January goal, so maybe I'll even skip the scale today.

DD and I made a big mistake with our schedule yesterday and TODAY is the hair cut appointment day... and yesterday was a doctor's appointment we nearly missed because we thought it was haircut day! That's what happens when you don't add it to your Google calendar you and expect to remember it!

Trying a few new recipes this weekend that DD has found via Instagram ..... anyone else familiar with the WW guy known as "Mud Hustler"? I'll let you know what we think of the recipes.

Have a FABULOUS FRIDAY!!.....................P

Had one knee taken out by a Targhee ewe when I was 11 then 5.5 months later but I had turned 12 I took the other one out in a bike accident coming down on the hill from Yellowtail Dam when I hit a patch of gravel on a curve left from the previous winter ( the gravel not the curve) and went sliding across 2 lanes and inches from going under a guard rail and over a cliff. I did get back on riding after that incident but after almost being hit in my early 20's I gave up riding especially after I finally got my driver's license ( family was not too interested in my driving till I had a job that required my being picked up at 10:30-11 PM every single night and that was the early job the other one was anywhere from 1-3 AM when we would be done with close). Can't count how many times I have gotten sprained ankles and heal spurs. My back goes out more than I do-doesn't help that one side is lower and shorter than the other so I am naturally off balance. If there is a tiny patch of ice I am going to find it and often land on the ground which is why there are times that my DH has forbidden me to go out. At least now when I do have to go out if he is not with us to help with the girls 11 year old is great about making sure that 9 year old gets to the truck and buckled and all that so I just have to get myself and maybe my purse ( 11 year old often takes that for me too) down the stairs outside and to the truck).
I cope by doing a more modified routine which is one of the biggest reasons that I am doing 10 minutes instead of more so that I can get a consistent time in as opposed to doing the recommended 20-30 minutes and having my body tell me hell to the no when my mind is saying this is something we can do and should do. I know that there are those out in the world who would not approve and would say that I am lazy, unmotivated, and don't want to loose weight. Those are also the ones that tell me you must follow x diet exactly ( usually the one they are selling) in order to loose enough of a percentage that you can have which ever form of weight loss surgery they either had themselves, know someone who had, or their research has decided would be the best for me and that I can just take out a loan to do it because you should be able to afford it. Never mind that these are not medical trained in any way shape or form other than maybe they took a class through CPR Saturday. These also tend to be the same people who tell me that my 9 year old's apraxia would be cured if I put her on what ever diet they think that I should be on. Guess what Gluten/Dairy, Paleo, Proteins and non starchy vegetables ( no dairy, no starch vegetables, no fruit, no grain products) diets are not going to cure a neurological disorder because if one of them did it would be all over the parent support groups. The only thing that they have found that seems to help some kids is additional fish oil supplements which we have her take when we can afford them and actually remember to give them to her, but we also don't want her to develop such a tolerance so it is a balance on when she takes them as well.

I should and could be doing more in this category though at my size just carrying my weight should be considered strength training. I do try and get some dairy or calcium in every day though a certain 9 year old makes it a challenge when she alone drinks almost an entire gallon of milk in 2 days. She not only has speech apraxia but oral and motor as well so eating is not easy for her and she prefers to drink her caloric intake. I honestly think if she had her way she never would have given up the milk bottle but mean mommy and mean daddy made her. Between that and the list of foods she will not eat and the ones that she will which has changed ( she used to eat things like chicken nuggets and chicken strips which are currently a no food) meals are a real challenge. Even grabbing a fast food burger is interesting with her. She will eat the bun at Wendy's but not at McDonald's but don't ask for a cheese burger with no bun there because they put it in a lettuce leaf and that folks is a no if she sees it even if it is removed. Now that she is more active she is a little bean pole but when she was little she was in the 90-95% in both height and weight. Even with that every time there was this what is your child's age stats on the mommy boards someone would start in on how my child is over weight. She is now in the 90th for height and 20th for weight which yes does make finding clothing very difficult. I think carrying her around for as long as I did helped with the strength training. Now since she dead weights and even DH who lifts heavy weighted boxes for his entire shift can't easily carry her she gets told that she is a big girl and can walk-another mean parent moment in her eyes.

Your 9 year old sounds a lot like my 9 year old. She eats nothing. It is chicken nuggets (but can't be strips), mac and cheese, buttered noodles and chicken breast (but can't have skin or bones or she won't touch it). Disney is fun with her . We have to plan were we are going to eat based on what she will eat on the menu. I was also the mean mom when we took her bottle away. She cried for a whole day before she even touch the sippy cup. The pacifier was the same way. I still have a few from each of the kids as a keep sake but I have to make sure she does not see them. To this day if she sees one it goes right in her mouth. She hasn't had one since she was like 2. Thankfully she understood when I stopped caring her to bed when she was 7. We were in an accident and I hurt my back. So she understood. If it wasn't for that I would have been mean mom too.

Both of my kids would only drink milk when they were little. We were going through several gallons a week just for the 2 of them. My husband and I don't drink milk. The doctor had us split the milk with water so it was 50/50. He was concerned with them having too much calcium and it interacting with their iron. Thankfully they have moved on milk and will drink water now.

TGIF!!!

View attachment 214731

View attachment 214733

Technology comes in all shapes and sizes to help us on our journeys orthotics, splints, the internet ... The DIS, activity trackers, phones, apps the list goes on and on .... It can be helpful but it can also be harmful .. like when we have too much screen time and not enough active ti

QOTD -- I use my phone for tracking calories and tracking my steps (fitbit).

Bonus -- I am on it way too much. Even while I am walking on the treadmill I am watching Netflix. I am on Facebook way too much but never post anything. I am just being nosey.

+++++++

Last night was a bad night. My 9 year old was in a mood and we cashed big time. Both kids decided they were going to fight with each other all night so then spent a lot of time in there rooms. I am pissed at one of my sons teachers. She refused to give him an or email me an extra copy of homework that is due today that he had lost. So now he will have a 0 on it and a F in the class or right now. He will bring that back up with all of the extra credit points she gives but She still should have given him a copy of the work. I didn't get to the rec last night. I had a PTA meeting to go to plus the cramps and headache wouldn't go away. I also ate horrible. I ate like 5 reese peanut butter cups. The mini size. I also had a pop and a small brownie. I didn't even track my calories and I only got like 4,000 something steps. It was just one of those days.. Moving on from that now and today is a new day. I did just get notification that my son failed his science test that we studied for last night and he knew it. Ugh. I need to channel this into a workout tonight so i don't end up like yesterday.

Pittsburgh has played it this a lot. But I am hoping with Big Ben hurt that you can beat them. I haven't followed the Cheifs this year but being a dreaded Browns fan I will root for any team to beat The Steelers.

Anyone who roots against the Steelers is okay in my book! Unfortunately, considering the last time we faced the Steelers it was a 43 to 14 slaughter, I'm not really sure how this game will go.

Trying a few new recipes this weekend that DD has found via Instagram ..... anyone else familiar with the WW guy known as "Mud Hustler"? I'll let you know what we think of the recipes.

What's his instagram name?

I can't do without my phone! For health things I use it to access WW and also my Garmin app which tracks all my runs. I also use Instagram and look at the #weightwatchers tag a lot for food inspiration and general fitness motivation. That helps me particularly on days where I'm thinking that I don't need to go to the gym. If other people can do it then so can I! I also use an apple watch for non-running activities so that I can get a decent calorie count. Then my Garmin watch for runs. I'm not sure if a scale counts as technology? Mine's digital lol. And no, I definitely do not balance screen and active time.

-----

Red Friday over here in KC! And it's jeans and Chiefs gear day at work so I can't complain about that. The Ice-maggedon prep is underway too. I went grocery store shopping last night and it was insane. Lots of people buying liquor, oddly enough that's how I like to prepare too :rolleyes:. I anticipate it being a quite weekend for the most part which I'm more than okay with.

It's my weigh-in day so I'm checking in at another 1.5 lbs lost which is 75% to goal for the month! I haven't worked out this week because I needed some time off so I'm hoping that it's not all just muscle mass!

And finally: I think we are getting ready for booking a trip to Japan! Very excited about this!!

Don't know how I missed this super exciting news!!!! I am SOOOOOO EXCITED for you!!! Would you be be incorporating Tokyo Disneyland into your trip?!

@MommaoffherRocker AWESOME news about DLP!!!! Your running journey is amazing! Loving all this travel talk!!!! Living vicariously through y'all right now!

I would have to say my phone is the biggest right now -- apps to manage and schedule workouts, apps to track, and app to order food... etc. Also I have two wearables that are helpful. My day to day Jawbone Up (which I looooove), and then the wearable that I bought from OrangeTheory that syncs with their system while you are working out to help keep you in the "orange zone" or whatever LOL! The Up is awesome because I have been tracking my sleep vs lbs lost for over a year now and I have realized I can be doing everything else right, but if I'm not getting enough sleep, my body is just like NOPE! Learning patterns like that about myself has really helped!

Buuuuuut-- I am shamelessly addicted to my screens! Even when I'm active, I'm usually still looking at a screen. One thing that is helping me have more balance with this is podcasts. I will listen to them while doing other stuff or on walks so I am still entertaining myself without looking at a screen (phone, tv or otheriwse) if that makes sense.

I am on Facebook way too much but never post anything. I am just being nosey.

LOL this is so me too!

I'm going to check in now as I don't know how much I will be on here this weekend: Still holding at 40%
Like I said before-- I did not want to participate at the gym this week. So I cancelled my class and scheduled two for next week instead. I did supplement with yoga and meditation. But, I will get back to my main goal next week. I will need it after this delicious weekend for sure!

Good news though-- I am down 2 lbs. I think the gym helps but it's this week it's mainly the prepped lunches I have been eating. I've probably halved my lunch calories intake for the week. And the food is great! I ordered for next week too. I may even start ordering for some dinners too. Basically, I am in love.

Ok, that's all for now. Back to work so I can get on the road!

Happy Friday!!!!

I was alarmingly up on the scale this morning - all the way back to my January 1 weight - so I'm hoping that will correct itself so I can post a good number this weekend. The only thing to do is to keep on keeping in and know that it will eventually go down.

In better news, I'm still right on target with the scheduled workouts for my pre-C25K plan. I had some scheduling snafus yesterday and ended up doing the second walking workout of the week during the dog's bedtime walk. It worked out pretty well but I don't think she understood why I kept stopping to do things like heel lifts and then absolutely forbade her from stopping or sniffing while I did the final interval. I'm debating whether I want to take with me when I start doing actual C25K in six weeks since it would be fun to have a training partner. Anyone run with a dog?

TGIF!!!

View attachment 214731

View attachment 214733

I lov my tech toys! My Fitbit is almost always in place and I use MFP most days of the week. I use the Happy Scale app to track weight since I prefer to weigh daily and I like the way it averages to smooth out fluctuations. I've been using RunKeeper to track my walks and Amazon Prime music to keep me walking. And all of you of course (probably the most important thing).

I like data and graphs and progress charts so all of this inspires me to do my best so that my lines go in the right direction. I agree with @pjlla thar it isn't really necessary though. My gadgets make me happy but they don't do the hard work. That is all on me.

Bonus QOTD: sort of. I've never fallen for Pinterest or twitter. I mostly ignore Facebook and only dabble in Instagram. My screen problem comes in at night. I can easily lose an hour or two buried in the inter webs or Disney Emoji Blitz and I really need more sleep instead.

Second.... not sure what I have to offer about eating with an unusual schedule like that. I personally think what I would do is kind of pre-determine what my "normal" day is like.... breakfast within 90 minutes of rising, lunch 3-4 hours later, a snack, and then dinner.... even if the "dinner" time falls at 3 am! The hardest part will probably be reverting back to regular schedule on days off! How about making yourself some sort of "rule" about fruit-only at certain time of day? I am usually hungry as soon as I wake up, but since I often wake up at 4-5 am for my online job, I don't want to eat breakfast that early.... if so, I'd be looking for lunch by 9 am!! So my "rule" (only in my own head, of course), is coffee, water, and fruit only until at least 6:30 am.

Love the sample schedule!

DD and I made a big mistake with our schedule yesterday and TODAY is the hair cut appointment day... and yesterday was a doctor's appointment we nearly missed because we thought it was haircut day! That's what happens when you don't add it to your Google calendar you and expect to remember

Oh no! Glad you made it to the doctor and hope the hair adventure goes well!

Your 9 year old sounds a lot like my 9 year old. She eats nothing. It is chicken nuggets (but can't be strips), mac and cheese, buttered noodles and chicken breast (but can't have skin or bones or she won't touch it). Disney is fun with her . We have to plan were we are going to eat based on what she will eat on the menu. I was also the mean mom when we took her bottle away. She cried for a whole day before she even touch the sippy cup. The pacifier was the same way. I still have a few from each of the kids as a keep sake but I have to make sure she does not see them. To this day if she sees one it goes right in her mouth. She hasn't had one since she was like 2. Thankfully she understood when I stopped caring her to bed when she was 7. We were in an accident and I hurt my back. So she understood. If it wasn't for that I would have been mean mom too.

Both of my kids would only drink milk when they were little. We were going through several gallons a week just for the 2 of them. My husband and I don't drink milk. The doctor had us split the milk with water so it was 50/50. He was concerned with them having too much calcium and it interacting with their iron. Thankfully they have moved on milk and will drink water now.

QOTD -- I use my phone for tracking calories and tracking my steps (fitbit).

Bonus -- I am on it way too much. Even while I am walking on the treadmill I am watching Netflix. I am on Facebook way too much but never post anything. I am just being nosey.

+++++++

Last night was a bad night. My 9 year old was in a mood and we cashed big time. Both kids decided they were going to fight with each other all night so then spent a lot of time in there rooms. I am pissed at one of my sons teachers. She refused to give him an or email me an extra copy of homework that is due today that he had lost. So now he will have a 0 on it and a F in the class or right now. He will bring that back up with all of the extra credit points she gives but She still should have given him a copy of the work. I didn't get to the rec last night. I had a PTA meeting to go to plus the cramps and headache wouldn't go away. I also ate horrible. I ate like 5 reese peanut butter cups. The mini size. I also had a pop and a small brownie. I didn't even track my calories and I only got like 4,000 something steps. It was just one of those days.. Moving on from that now and today is a new day. I did just get notification that my son failed his science test that we studied for last night and he knew it. Ugh. I need to channel this into a workout tonight so i don't end up like yesterday.

I hope today is a better day.

It's my weigh-in day so I'm checking in at another 1.5 lbs lost which is 75% to goal for the month

Great job!

Don't know how I missed this super exciting news!!!! I am SOOOOOO EXCITED for you!!! Would you be be incorporating Tokyo Disneyland into your trip?!

@MommaoffherRocker AWESOME news about DLP!!!! Your running journey is amazing! Loving all this travel talk!!!! Living vicariously through y'all right now!

I would have to say my phone is the biggest right now -- apps to manage and schedule workouts, apps to track, and app to order food... etc. Also I have two wearables that are helpful. My day to day Jawbone Up (which I looooove), and then the wearable that I bought from OrangeTheory that syncs with their system while you are working out to help keep you in the "orange zone" or whatever LOL! The Up is awesome because I have been tracking my sleep vs lbs lost for over a year now and I have realized I can be doing everything else right, but if I'm not getting enough sleep, my body is just like NOPE! Learning patterns like that about myself has really helped!

Buuuuuut-- I am shamelessly addicted to my screens! Even when I'm active, I'm usually still looking at a screen. One thing that is helping me have more balance with this is podcasts. I will listen to them while doing other stuff or on walks so I am still entertaining myself without looking at a screen (phone, tv or otheriwse) if that makes sense.

LOL this is so me too!

I'm going to check in now as I don't know how much I will be on here this weekend: Still holding at 40%
Like I said before-- I did not want to participate at the gym this week. So I cancelled my class and scheduled two for next week instead. I did supplement with yoga and meditation. But, I will get back to my main goal next week. I will need it after this delicious weekend for sure!

Good news though-- I am down 2 lbs. I think the gym helps but it's this week it's mainly the prepped lunches I have been eating. I've probably halved my lunch calories intake for the week. And the food is great! I ordered for next week too. I may even start ordering for some dinners too. Basically, I am in love.

Ok, that's all for now. Back to work so I can get on the road!

Happy birthday!! Enjoy your Disney time. :)

Hi everyone! It's been a wild week. It was the first full week back at school, AND quarter two report cards go home today, so I've been in a whirl of activity trying to catch up and make sure everything is ready. The spring semester is so much more intense than winter--the entire time, summer seems closer with each day. It's a good thing AND a bad thing. So I'm sorry to have missed so much discussion this week! I'll definitely pop in every once in a while, and I'll definitely try for once or twice a week, but looking at the rest of the school year, that might be all I can contribute until after my Disney trip in May. I hope that's okay!

I missed Woohoo Wednesday! I'm going to definitely always try to check in at least once then. My woohoos this week were hitting my first ten pounds lost since I first started about three weeks ago, and my students finally, finally understanding how to convert improper fractions into mixed numbers. Now we move onto decimals... :duck:

I was raised by the internet, more or less. :rotfl: By which I mean, I am a true 90's kid and I'm very dependent on the internet! I take my phone everywhere I go, and for my journey, I use a bunch of apps for different reasons. Currently, I'm using Happy Scale to track my weight, Couch 2 5K paid for my running training, MapMyFitness to track my workouts (just because I like the challenges, mostly), and MyFitnessPal to tie it all together. Definitely, I could get by just doing one or two, but I just happen to like different apps for different reasons. (For example, I think Happy Scale is the best invention ever! Highly recommend it if you love data, like me, or if you can't help but weigh yourself every morning--also like me. :confused3) Oh, and I've talked about my FitBit before but I really do love it. :love: It's such a huge motivator for me. And lastly, I listen to a TON of podcasts so where would I be without the default Apple podcast app??

Also, here's an update to my progress so far...
Goal of losing 10 pounds in January: 64%
Goal of a 16 minute running pace: Again, no idea how to percentage-ize this, but my pace averages this week were 16:19 and 16:31, so I'm getting there!

Last edited:
There seem to be a lot of podcast listeners... anyone mind sharing their favorites?

Here's a quick shortlist (I really am addicted, this is about 65% of the ones I'm subscribed to!) of my favorites--
  • My Brother, My Brother, And Me -- three brothers give fake advice
  • Adventure Zone -- those same brothers play Dungeons & Dragons (which I don't understand usually but it's such a great story) with their dad
  • Sawbones -- One of those brothers does a medical history podcast with his wife
  • Rose Buddies -- Another brother does Bachelor recaps with his wife (They're really, really funny brothers, and their whole family is part of a huge podcast empire that I discovered this past year.)
  • Limetown -- Sci fi narrative kind of creepy podcast with some amazing twists
  • Alice Isn't Dead -- Another creepy-ish narrative about a trucker looking for her missing wife
  • This American Life (the classic!)
  • You Must Remember This -- 20th century Hollywood history
  • 2 Dope Queens -- very very funny stand-up comedy podcast
  • Oh No Ross and Carrie -- a podcast where two people research and fully immerse themselves into various religions, cults, and other practices with a claim to the supernatural, very thoughtful and interesting
  • Mystery Show -- a MUST LISTEN, a woman answers obscure questions without resorting to the internet, so funny and poignant. It hasn't been updated in over a year but I'm holding out hope!
  • Harry Potter and the Sacred Text -- two people who study divinity at Harvard read each chapter of Harry Potter as if it is sacred to them

Last edited:
My iPhone is my favorite technology...I use it for everything.
I do, though, think my screen time is balanced.
Ways it's helping me on my journey: planning our Disney trip, music, Fitbit app, my diet coach app, internet in general :)

So, I started taking glucosamine supplements at night & I noticed an immediate improvement in my knee pain - the very next morning! I've been on it for 3 days & my knees are almost 100% better! It could of been coincidence, I was in pain for 13 days & didn't seem to be getting much better day to day, then suddenly they were. Only thing different was the glucosamine.
Highly recommend for anyone with joint pain or injury!!!!
But I did learn my lesson - no more running until I drop more weight lol
My elliptical is about to get some miles!

Also, a (late) woohoo I made my first Disney purchase for our Dec 2017 trip...it's real!! So excited!

I got a City Mini Double stroller that we'll need for our 2 littlest - and the best part is the deal I got!
This stroller retails at over $400 & I got it at $75! It's used but in great condition. It just needed to be cleaned, so I spent about 2 hours today washing the fabric & cleaning it up. Looks brand new, Awesome!

My big one is my phone. I'm on it WAY. TOO. MUCH. It does help track my runs and sometimes my food (if I remember). And I use it to listen to music and podcasts while running. I also have my Garmin that I could not run with out. I watch my pace, miles etc constantly to make sure I'm where I need to be.

I kind of have a balance, I don't do social media because I feel like it brings out bad feelings. I don't like being wrapped up in comparing myself to others. It's really hard sometimes when you feel like your missing out on the things posted but it's healthier for me in the long run.

There seem to be a lot of podcast listeners... anyone mind sharing their favorites?

Here's a quick shortlist (I really am addicted, this is about 65% of the ones I'm subscribed to!) of my favorites--
  • My Brother, My Brother, And Me -- three brothers give fake advice
  • Adventure Zone -- those same brothers play Dungeons & Dragons (which I don't understand usually but it's such a great story) with their dad
  • Sawbones -- One of those brothers does a medical history podcast with his wife
  • Rose Buddies -- Another brother does Bachelor recaps with his wife (They're really, really funny brothers, and their whole family is part of a huge podcast empire that I discovered this past year.)
  • Limetown -- Sci fi narrative kind of creepy podcast with some amazing twists
  • Alice Isn't Dead -- Another creepy-ish narrative about a trucker looking for her missing wife
  • This American Life (the classic!)
  • You Must Remember This -- 20th century Hollywood history
  • 2 Dope Queens -- very very funny stand-up comedy podcast
  • Oh No Ross and Carrie -- a podcast where two people research and fully immerse themselves into various religions, cults, and other practices with a claim to the supernatural, very thoughtful and interesting
  • Mystery Show -- a MUST LISTEN, a woman answers obscure questions without resorting to the internet, so funny and poignant. It hasn't been updated in over a year but I'm holding out hope!
  • Harry Potter and the Sacred Text -- two people who study divinity at Harvard read each chapter of Harry Potter as if it is sacred to them
Those sound great, I'm always looking for new podcasts. I listen to mainly running show they are: Another Mother Runner, The Runners World Show, Mickey Miles and More & Dis Pop(my only nonrunning one)

15 laps in 11 minutes. One of these days I need to measure the distance that one of my laps is (hmmm How can I make this a lesson for a kid or better yet both of them *pondering*)

Will try and get at the qotd later as my phone doesn't feel like quote it wants to copy and then play hide so I can't paste.

:-)
I was alarmingly up on the scale this morning - all the way back to my January 1 weight - so I'm hoping that will correct itself so I can post a good number this weekend. The only thing to do is to keep on keeping in and know that it will eventually go down.

If you have been doing all the right things ... which you seem to be I wouldn't worry too much ... don't forget to factor in that wonderful female monthly weight fluctuation :-)

In better news, I'm still right on target with the scheduled workouts for my pre-C25K plan.

:thumbsup2

Hi everyone! It's been a wild week. It was the first full week back at school, AND quarter two report cards go home today, so I've been in a whirl of activity trying to catch up and make sure everything is ready. The spring semester is so much more intense than winter--the entire time, summer seems closer with each day. It's a good thing AND a bad thing. So I'm sorry to have missed so much discussion this week! I'll definitely pop in every once in a while, and I'll definitely try for once or twice a week, but looking at the rest of the school year, that might be all I can contribute until after my Disney trip in May. I hope that's okay!

Wow - sounds busy - I know what you mean about the coming weather change but for me in the opposite direction - although right now it is super hot and it can't move further into the year fast enough so I can cool down a bit. We are here for you whenever you are able to join us :goodvibes

So, I started taking glucosamine supplements at night & I noticed an immediate improvement in my knee pain - the very next morning! I've been on it for 3 days & my knees are almost 100% better!

That is great :thumbsup2

Also, a (late) woohoo I made my first Disney purchase for our Dec 2017 trip...it's real!! So excited!

What a great woohoo - super jealous :-)

I got a City Mini Double stroller that we'll need for our 2 littlest - and the best part is the deal I got!
This stroller retails at over $400 & I got it at $75! It's used but in great condition. It just needed to be cleaned, so I spent about 2 hours today washing the fabric & cleaning it up. Looks brand new, Awesome!

I love a good bargain.

I kind of have a balance, I don't do social media because I feel like it brings out bad feelings. I don't like being wrapped up in comparing myself to others. It's really hard sometimes when you feel like your missing out on the things posted but it's healthier for me in the long run.

I don't have social media either ... well apart from a twitter account but I don't post anything and really just follow my favourite celebs (sad I know haha). I know what you mean about sometimes being the last person to know something because it all goes up in posts - but then I also like that I don't have to know absolutely everything. As for the comparing ... I find that with some people the image they project is far from their reality anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter