Disney’s MARVELous Super Hero - New You - New Year Celebration – January 2017!!

OK so I realised I didn't get around to collating and posting results this week :oops: .... I promise I will do it on Monday - so don't forget to post your progress percentages :D

QOTD: What is your - can't do without it - technology? How is it helping on your journey?

My can't live without technology is my computer. It's not really helping other than I do use it to chat on here. :chat: I often have several tabs open at once especially when I am doing games and work ( online survey's mainly but since I am my own boss and this is some side spending money. What I save using those gift cards for places that don't pay me via paypal is money I can put elsewhere :). There are other technology that I want like a fitbit that can go in the water but it's not in the budget and since my family ( mother, father, and sister) would be how much have you loss, your not exercising enough, should you be eating that, that's not on your diet, ect it is not going on my Birthday or Christmas Wish list. Maybe when I get the first 100-150 lbs down.

Bonus QOTD: Do you feel you have your screen/active time in balance?

I am slowly trying to increase my active time while keeping the risk of injury as low as possible. One thing I have done is the first of each month any survey's that are older than the first of the previous month are automatically deleted even the ones that will sometimes give me 5 points just for clicking on it. I try to keep up with my house the best I can but a lot of stuff is physically hard on me like scrubbing floors if I get down on my hands and knees I am not getting back up off the floor so that is forget it unless DH does it. Same with getting stuff under any furniture that can't easily be moved so I have to try and get the girls to do it. But I figure that they make more than 50% of the mess so having them do 25% of the keeping the house picked up and clean is not expecting too much. They however think I am unreasonable. Which reminds me 11 year old still hasn't done her cleaning area from last week which since she went out of town for JBQ I extended to the day after she got back so it should have been done on Sunday and she also has this weeks which is due tomorrow to get done. I am thinking I may have to tell them that crabby mommy is considering a visit. :rolleyes1:D

Happy Weekend :D

Well we all know our favourite cat lady @Lady Marie is off enjoying her Birthday weekend at WDW......

Hope you have a MARVELous Birthday (see how I did that hehe)

What is everyone else looking forward to this weekend? It doesn't have to be healthy share it all ....

I actually saw her cake on Instagram..... it was BEYOND adorable!

Okay..... this weekend's plans.... DS has robotics most of the weekend (since he is no longer in high school, he is a mentor now and chose to leave his high school team as it had been going in a direction he couldn't support for the last few years, so he mentors a team in the town where he goes to school), DH plans to replace the brakes on his car.... but it is waaayyy colder than he anticipated, so maybe he will wait. DD and I have tickets to go see Hidden Figures later today. Planning to eat LIGHT until then and have a popcorn splurge once I get there (I bring my own, but it is still a splurge because I eat a LOT of it). DD and I also want to figure out another 2-3 new recipes to try this week and I want to do a bit of meal planning/prep to freeze some meals for her to take back to school and for myself. DS needs to pull his act together and get his school stuff straightened out and packed up. He came home with a HUGE MESS of JUNK.... literally just heaps of stuff tossed into bins and boxes..... no rhyme or reason. I CANNOT allow him to go back to school like that.... it will make me crazy and it is SUCH a poor way to start the semester! So I see some help with cleaning/organizing/packing in my future!

Not too exciting, but that is my weekend in a nut shell! Hope you all have waaayyy more fun plans than I do!

Hey all! I am happy to report that I remembered to weigh in today and I am officially at 100% of my January goal! My goal was to be back to my 12/23/16 weight by the end of the month and I hit it exactly today..... now to hang onto that number AND improve on it!

Gotta fly for now! We are heading to another town to run an errand for DD and there is a Disney outlet in that town, so I'd love to check it out and see if there are any great deal! But I don't NEED anything, right?:o ..............P

Well we all know our favourite cat lady @Lady Marie is off enjoying her Birthday weekend at WDW......

What is everyone else looking forward to this weekend? It doesn't have to be healthy share it all ....
This weekend I was looking forward to racing a 10k which I did this morning. We got into the race for $1 and I was going to skip it to recover from the marathon but I felt good enough to run it. I ended up with a new 10k PR shaving almost 2 minutes off last year's time. I also ran up an overpass and train bridge that I had to walk last year!!

Now what I'm not looking to is shopping for DS6's birthday. It's Wednesday and he wants a spell book cake. So I'm trying to find all the things to make that happen, it's turning out to be harder than I thought.

Happy Birthday @Lady Marie!!! I hope you have a great weekend.

Did 17 laps in 11 minutes this morning. 9 year old is awake and trying to persuade me that she is innocent. She knows nothing about the teeth marks in the cheese block that I caught her with. Don't believe me just ask her well actually she refuses to incriminate herself.
Scale is down this week from both last and my start but again since it is not the end of the month I am not saying how much. I am also trying to focus on moving more as opposed to how much weight I have loss. I think a lot of this comes from Ok if I cut x amount of calories from my diet and I burn an additional z amount of calories I should loose y amount of weight. I do x and z and I do not get y instead I get g or n. Then I get disappointed and sad and say why bother torturing myself giving up the stuff I really like and being miserable and made fun of for trying to be a fat person exercising I won't do it anymore. Yes I am still checking the scale but I am trying to change my focus.

This weekend is going a little bit more laid back. My daughter is still fighting a cold. She has had this since December 26th. I took her to the doctor about 2 weeks ago but I might take her make again on Monday if they are open. Last night my son had a basketball game at the rec. He is still not allowed to play so I walked on the treadmill where I could still watch the game but I didn't have to have my full 100% attention on.

Today my son had karate and afterwords I worked out. I learned a valuable lesson this morning. I need to eat before I work out. I only got in 40 minuted before feeling sick and light headed. After that we went to out favorite restaurant. I was going to get a chicken salad but with not eat breakfast and it was now noon I got a burger. After logging the calories I ate almost 1000 in one meal. I won't do that again. We stopped at bed bath and beyond and Home depot. Then My son had another basketball game. He is bummed that he can't play yet but if the week goes good he will play next weekend. He did dribble the ball and he said he was fine. He gets to spend the night at a friends so it is just my daughter home. After dropping him off I stopped and got some snacks for her. Well I got myself some too. I had 4 soft batch cookies and a dove chocolate bar. Then my husband made popcorn and we split the bag. Not a good day calorie wise. But I will watch more tomorrow.

Tomorrow is just going to be cleaning day. So nothing fun. Monday we are off so we are going to go see My husbands uncle at the rehab place. He is make some really good progress. It will be great to be able to stop by and see him.

• Rose Buddies -- Another brother does Bachelor recaps with his wife (They're really, really funny brothers, and their whole family is part of a huge podcast empire that I discovered this past year.)

DH and I accidentally got hooked on The Bachelorette last year which quickly led to watching Bachelor in Paradise and several prior seasons of the various Bachelor shows. We are now officially obsessed (although I am absolutely forbidden from telling anyone that he is a member of Bachelor Nation). We listened to Rose Buddies yesterday - with interruptions every five minutes about how we were NOT going to fall into this too. So hilarious! Thank you for sharing - I've never listened to podcasts before but this is definitely something we will be doing for the news few months. :)

My first class is Wednesday and I'm starting to panic about how little I know. I'm spending the weekend hitting the books! I think being the professor is making me study harder than I ever did as a student.

Unfortunately, I've also been stress eating (to go along with stress breaking out). I am logging everything but I've definitely blown through my calorie allotment yesterday and today. It isn't ideal but I think I'm going to shift MFP from loss to maintenance calories for next week. I have enough discipline to stick to that level but between the impending first class at the front of the room and the events happening in DC next Friday, I'm really a nervous wreck. I think I've burst into tears three times today. My meditation app is trying to keep me together but I'm working on being super gentle with myself for the next few days. Intellectually, I know that food isn't the answer but I'm not totally physically and mentally there yet. I think the extra 500 or so daily calories will keep me from throwing in the towel completely and engaging in a cheeto and brownie free for all.

In better news on the health front, I'm four for five on scheduled workouts this week with the last one happening tomorrow. The promised ice storm didn't happen today so I'm thinking I will get the last walk in without issue tomorrow. And I will be done with week one of Operation pre-C25K.

Last edited:

Well I'm up another pound today but I'm ok with it because I did a little web reading on concussions and it's better to eat right now After resting yesterday (not working or working out anyway) my eye looks much better. Friday night I worked out pretty hard and while on the elliptical I moved my head around too much I think and was feeling kind of dizzy yesterday. I can really--rock out--on the elliptical. so maybe none of that for me the next week or so. Or be careful. Gonna take it easy again today--go peruse Goodwill for clothes for the concerts (Sunday the half off tags change) and we have tickets to see the new starwars finally. Went last night but it was just about sold out so we picked seats for tonight and bought tickets. I'm kind of excited--the theater has new reclining seats lol. Still ridiculously cold here but driving conditions are fine. So percentage wise I guess I'm up about 10 % lol.

Did 17 laps in 11 minutes this morning.

Yay!! You increased your daily exercise by 10%! Well done for adding on another minute. I remember how you were talking at the beginning of the month how difficult it was to not give up before the ten minutes were done. I am really happy to hear that you are getting used to it more and have started to add on an additional minute. Also, never ever let anyone make fun of you for being active. In my books anyone making the effort to get exercise in whatever shape and form is to be applauded. I used to be the fat kid that was bad at sports in school and it took me years to actually start enjoying physical exercise because I was always afraid about what others would think of me. I now strongly believe that anyone who thinks less of me because I am not as fast a runner as the fitter people running in my park is just an idiot and therefore there opinion is not worthy my consideration! So, a big cheer from me for your extra minute and to keep you walking!! :cheer2:

I think the extra 500 or so daily calories will keep me from throwing in the towel completely and engaging in a cheeto and brownie free for all.

I am a strong believer that maintaining during stressful times is already a big win. And I totally get how extra 500 kcal make a big difference. They make it easier to grab a quick bite when you are hungry and tired and just give a little bit of more wiggle room. So, make good use of them, try to use them for food that is good for you and once you rocked that class, you can go back to lower calories. Sounds like a smart plan to me!

I am just back from my run - somehow ended up running in the dark because I messed up. And that on a Sunday when I can run during daylight hours. But at least I got my run in! Currently I am bit frustrated with weather and then a small medical issue (a sore spot in an area where it would uncomfortable when running) keeping me off the road. But I am determined to test out a new gym this coming week and hopefully sign up for a couple of months to get access to a treadmill. As much as I hate that instrument, at least it is an option when there is ice on the streets...

Eating was not that great this weekend as my sister was here visiting my parents and there was lots of meals where I had no control over what was being served. But it was a great time and so I am just leaving the weekend behind and am going back to healthy eating from now on.

Don't know how I missed this super exciting news!!!! I am SOOOOOO EXCITED for you!!! Would you be be incorporating Tokyo Disneyland into your trip?!

First of all: Happy belated Birthday! I hope you had a fantastic day!

Yes, TDR is going to a definite part of the trip - most likely we will do a stopover in Shanghai as well, so we get to see three Disney Parks in two different countries in one trip.

Didn't you go to Japan last year? I guess I need to ask you for some recommendations! I have already been reading all kind of info about TDR over the weekend and my boyfriend has actually already been there, so he has some knowledge. But I also need to figure out what else we want to do in Japan when there.

My first class is Wednesday and I'm starting to panic about how little I know. I'm spending the weekend hitting the books! I think being the professor is making me study harder than I ever did as a student.

Unfortunately, I've also been stress eating (to go along with stress breaking out). I am logging everything but I've definitely blown through my calorie allotment yesterday and today. It isn't ideal but I think I'm going to shift MFP from loss to maintenance calories for next week. I have enough discipline to stick to that level but between the impending first class at the front of the room and the events happening in DC next Friday, I'm really a nervous wreck. I think I've burst into tears three times today. My meditation app is trying to keep me together but I'm working on being super gentle with myself for the next few days. Intellectually, I know that food isn't the answer but I'm not totally physically and mentally there yet. I think the extra 500 or so daily calories will keep me from throwing in the towel completely and engaging in a cheeto and brownie free for all.

It is nerve wracking speaking in front of groups .... I am sure you will do great! Be kind to yourself about the stress eating ... after the first week you will probably find your groove and then you won't need to do it anymore.

Well I'm up another pound today but I'm ok with it because I did a little web reading on concussions and it's better to eat right now After resting yesterday (not working or working out anyway) my eye looks much better. Friday night I worked out pretty hard and while on the elliptical I moved my head around too much I think and was feeling kind of dizzy yesterday. I can really--rock out--on the elliptical. so maybe none of that for me the next week or so. Or be careful. Gonna take it easy again today--go peruse Goodwill for clothes for the concerts (Sunday the half off tags change) and we have tickets to see the new starwars finally. Went last night but it was just about sold out so we picked seats for tonight and bought tickets. I'm kind of excited--the theater has new reclining seats lol. Still ridiculously cold here but driving conditions are fine. So percentage wise I guess I'm up about 10 % lol.

I hope the symptoms resolve soon - but yes it is very important to be careful with head injuries. Sounds like fun hunting a bargain and reclining seats at the movies - I am jealous! Our cinema just renovated and they thought it was a good idea to make the seats narrower and reduce the foot space - so now it feels like I'm on a cramped plane when I go to the movies - I am sure this is what triggered my sore knee last week.

Well my weekend is over people. Saturday we went to the movies to escape the heat so hot here right now and more heat coming in on Wednesday apparently - kids saw Middle School and Mum and I saw La La Land - gotta say don't know what all the fuss is about - the highlights for me was seeing the places we had been to in our trip like Warner Bros Backlot and Griffith Observatory.

Managed to run the Star Wars 10K yesterday with ease but got a bad case of food poisoning at around 2am so I didn't make it to the half marathon :( This has really caused me to feel down about myself and what I am trying to do through the next several months for goals. I recognize that my job is going to be more involved than I was originally told, so now I've gone from one extreme of "nothing to do" and now am "doing everything" at all hours!

I know I shouldn't beat myself up and count this up to a combination of bad food and stress, but it really didn't sit well with me that I wasn't able to do something. I am human after all and there will be things out of my control.

I'm going to try to check in more here - this last week was just tough to do so. I feel just so darn tired all the time because of the hours being worked. I hope it gets easier!

Hi! Checking in with my weekly report ;)
Goal was to stay on my low carb diet & lose 3 pounds- I'd give myself a 98%
I lost exactly 3 pounds as of this morning & I stayed low carb all week except 1 meal that I had a few spoons of pinto beans. I don't think I actually went over 20 carbs but it's not on my acceptable foods list (yet). So, hence the 98%

Great weekend! Lots of soccer & basketball for the kids and all wins :D
Church, house got cleaned, car got cleaned out - including car seats (eww), grocery store and about to watch the Cowboys!
The kids have the day off school tomorrow, so an extra night off. Couldn't be better :)

Well my weekend is over people. Saturday we went to the movies to escape the heat so hot here right now and more heat coming in on Wednesday apparently - kids saw Middle School and Mum and I saw La La Land - gotta say don't know what all the fuss is about - the highlights for me was seeing the places we had been to in our trip like Warner Bros Backlot and Griffith Observatory.

I agree totally with your opinon of La La Land. DD and I decided to make yesterday a double-feature day so when we were done with Hidden Figures (which we both thought was TERRIFIC), we stayed in town and bought tickets for an evening showing of La La Land and we were disappointed. It wasn't terrible, but certainly not worth the cost of admission. If you are interested in it, hold off for Netflix and a boring weekend. Considering there are two movies that I really want to see that I might not get to (Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One), I am disappointed that I wasted $$ and time on La La Land.

Managed to run the Star Wars 10K yesterday with ease but got a bad case of food poisoning at around 2am so I didn't make it to the half marathon :( This has really caused me to feel down about myself and what I am trying to do through the next several months for goals. I recognize that my job is going to be more involved than I was originally told, so now I've gone from one extreme of "nothing to do" and now am "doing everything" at all hours!

I know I shouldn't beat myself up and count this up to a combination of bad food and stress, but it really didn't sit well with me that I wasn't able to do something. I am human after all and there will be things out of my control.

I'm going to try to check in more here - this last week was just tough to do so. I feel just so darn tired all the time because of the hours being worked. I hope it gets easier!

Oh no, oh no, oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear this! First of all, hope you are feeling MUCH better! And so sorry you didn't get to run your race. How very disappointing!

Hey all! Weekend wasn't quite as productive as I needed it to be.... but oh well... live and learn. Ate waaayyy too much popcorn at the movies yesterday, (but at least it wasn't real movie theater popcorn) but proud to say we resisted the call of the peanut butter M&Ms. We couldn't find a small bag to share and were very tempted to buy a big bag and try to control our portions.... but I KNEW I would have a hard time with it.... so the big bag went back and we bought a small bag of regular M&Ms. They were good, but not great.... not worth the calories.

Roasted a turkey today. I cannot remember the last time I did that! Since DS has a poultry allergy, I just stopped doing it... not worth it if you don't have enough people to eat it up! I was going to wait and cook it later this week, since DS leaves for school tomorrow, but he went out for one last date night with his girlfriend tonight so the rest of us had turkey. DD and I made roasted butternut squash and broccoli to go with it. It was good and filling and of course, now I have enough turkey to feed us for the rest of the week AND a carcass to make stock! And the leftover butternut squash will be used in change-it-up breakfast bowls in the morning.

I'll be back in the morning to say hello and answer the QOTD!...............P

Well today didn't go as I had planned. I have spent most of today on the couch. My ankle/foot is worse today and really bothering. I decided that I need to take it easy in hopes that it will be better tomorrow. I don't want it to get as bad it was last time. Last time (our last day at Disney) I would stand up and be in so much pain that I would almost fall over. I did eat much better today though. I did have pancakes this morning so more calories that I would have liked but I didn't eat lunch because breakfast was around 10:30ish. Dinner was 4 oz of turkey breast with noodles (egg noodles) and corn. I did eat some of the homemade chipolte rice that I made for the burritos the boys were having. For a snack tonight I made homemade salsa and had that with tortilla chips. So I am sitting at about 1200-1300 calories. I haven't weighed myself yet for the check in. I will try to remember in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter