**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

The Tim tracker video is great! I’m really excited to see if the ak dah continues to be this few of people

Has anyone found their night sold out? I would love to try this but my trip is in late January and I'm terrible with cold. I'd really like to wait until I have a better idea of what the weather will be like.

I don’t think any of them have sold out yet

No sell outs that have been reported, although with no online sales we’re 100% dependent on folks reporting from calling and finding out their date is sold out.

But my guess is none have yet.

Thank you, I'm just going to have to chance it selling out. I'd really like to go but it's just too much money to be miserable because of the temps. I'm really, really bad with cold weather.

Not sure if anyone has shared this yet but I missed this courtesy of Orlando Theme Park News yesterday: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/12/disney-after-hours-events-start-on.html

View attachment 368373

Bummed to see Dawa Bar not open, but I’ll take Thirsy River. :-) Dawa is a more central spot though.
This is just my opinion, so take it or leave it. It just seems to me the attractions open are minimal for a 3 hour EMH, especially when compared to the MK.

I just want to point out that the first one was a media invited event so a bunch of media was on hand for free. So “reviews” may be a bit skewed with that. It still looks like a great event but just wanted to add that perspective.
Good point and exactly the reason I'll wait for some "real" reviews before booking for April!

FWIW, Josh from easywdw was there and always purchases his own admission to these things. He hasn't posted his full review yet, but did post some pictures and a couple videos on his twitter feed during the event.
Thanks! I did see Josh's tweets and I'm hoping he does a full review at some point. His perspective on things is usually pretty fair/accurate IMO.

Any info if this will continue after April 3rd? I love AK, and will be there after April 4th. I would see do this in a heartbeat. I think animal kingdom is the most underrated park is Disney.

Any one else think the first event was so empty because no one thought it would be a good value? I know I assumed everyone would be at FoP, and there would be 30 minute waits at least. I wonder if now that people see how empty it really is, they will sell better and it won't actually be that empty in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter