**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I am considering going Dec 7th. Problem is my flight comes in at 4 PM. Is it worth the risk buying my tickets ahead of time? Could I buy day of or does it sell out?
You can buy day of but would miss out on discounts if eligible for one. The risk I don’t think I can decide for you lol

You can buy day of but would miss out on discounts if eligible for one. The risk I don’t think I can decide for you lol

I am guessing Disney wouldn't do anything for you also if you happened to miss it too lol. I am guessing though that even if you are there a little after the after hours begin its still worth the short lines. Is the food offerings the same as MK? We are doing the MK one on Dec 9th.

Do you think waiting until Feb/March would be okay before buying tickets for a May DAH?
I think you would be fine waiting. I don't think any of the May AK AH sold out this year. Ours wasnt sold out even day of. We like to buy ours early because i am an uber planner and my husband enjoys the AH events so much that I take the plunge early.

I am guessing Disney wouldn't do anything for you also if you happened to miss it too lol. I am guessing though that even if you are there a little after the after hours begin its still worth the short lines. Is the food offerings the same as MK? We are doing the MK one on Dec 9th.
The food is the same, popcorn, ice cream bars, drinks but sometimes MK has frozen chocolate covered bananas but i havent seen these at AK AH.
As for missing it, one poster last year had his son get sick right after the AH started and they went to guest services and they were kind enough to give him tickets for another date instead, but he was local. Doesn't help those of us that fly in for a week.

I think you would be fine waiting. I don't think any of the May AK AH sold out this year. Ours wasnt sold out even day of. We like to buy ours early because i am an uber planner and my husband enjoys the AH events so much that I take the plunge early.

Thanks for the reassurance!

The food is the same, popcorn, ice cream bars, drinks but sometimes MK has frozen chocolate covered bananas but i havent seen these at AK AH.
As for missing it, one poster last year had his son get sick right after the AH started and they went to guest services and they were kind enough to give him tickets for another date instead, but he was local. Doesn't help those of us that fly in for a week.

And you would have thought they would have had the bananas at AK lol

Yeah! Booked this for May 16. We did it this year and loved it! Got in 7 Everest, 7 FOP, 3 Navi and the uncrowded park was in my husbands words, the best thing ever. Pandora uncrowded at night is magical also. Got lots of beautiful night photos.

Gosh I can't wait for this!!!

I'm giggling to myself seeing people say there's not much to do and it's almost not worth the cost. For me it's the only park I would spend the money on!

I find AK so beautiful at night - not just Pandora but the lanterns, lamps along the pathways, Tree of Life - I could just spend hours walking around and taking pictures at night.

So excited!!!

During the Dec 7th one I am assuming that the special Christmas stuff would be going on during the event, is this correct in assuming?

Is the food offerings the same as MK?
Just to add - no frozen bananas during AK DAH, but the cart in Pandora (by the drums) has two "exclusive" popsicles you won't find anywhere else: the Fruits of Mo'ara bar (strawberry, lime, raspberry) and the coconut bar. During normal hours, the Fruits of Mo'ara bar is only available in Pandora while the coconut bar can be found at carts around AK (just not at any other carts during Afterhours). The Pandora cart also has the same strawberry bars that most of the other DAH carts have as well.

I will be going the evening of Nov. 13 to AK AH. Right now, the listed closing time for all guests is 8 pm with AH beginning at 9pm.

For those that have experienced this 1 hour gap, will they shut the rides down from 8-9 or will they let AH ticketed guests continue to ride?

Just to add - no frozen bananas during AK DAH, but the cart in Pandora (by the drums) has two "exclusive" popsicles you won't find anywhere else: the Fruits of Mo'ara bar (strawberry, lime, raspberry) and the coconut bar. During normal hours, the Fruits of Mo'ara bar is only available in Pandora while the coconut bar can be found at carts around AK (just not at any other carts during Afterhours). The Pandora cart also has the same strawberry bars that most of the other DAH carts have as well.
Yum, thank you for adding that. We didnt stop at any cart in Pandora this year so missed out on those, but I will be sure to look next year.

I will be going the evening of Nov. 13 to AK AH. Right now, the listed closing time for all guests is 8 pm with AH beginning at 9pm.

For those that have experienced this 1 hour gap, will they shut the rides down from 8-9 or will they let AH ticketed guests continue to ride?
I havent seen a one hour gap before just 1/2 gap and at our AK AH they did not let AH guests into FOP during the gap, but over at Everest they let all event people go through the fastpass line for the entire 1/2 before the event started which was great since we rode til we were sick, then went to Pandora.
i have seen other posters say they couldn't get on Dinosaur during the gap either

I’m so excited at these AH dates popping up for our May trip! We were tentatively planning an AK day on 5/9 anyway so this works out great. Maybe we’ll run into you @Farro!

I believe there has not yet been a 1 hour gap. In the past it has been 30 minutes. If the park hours don’t change, please report back with your experience. We are going in January and also a 1 hour gap, so I’d love to know what happens!!

Looking for advice. We haven't added AK to our park days since 2015 and my family wants to do an DAH there in May. We already have one booked for May 9th, but I see we actually have a second DAH at AK available during our stay. My kids don't want to give up a day at another park to do a full day at AK, but can't wait for the rides. Would it be worth adding the second DAH to our trip?

Looking for advice. We haven't added AK to our park days since 2015 and my family wants to do an DAH there in May. We already have one booked for May 9th, but I see we actually have a second DAH at AK available during our stay. My kids don't want to give up a day at another park to do a full day at AK, but can't wait for the rides. Would it be worth adding the second DAH to our trip?
Depends on the family but for the two of us, we love doing multiple AH‘s. We actually did all 3 this last May ( I know, sounds crazy) but at the end of our vacation we both agreed that AH is great, we got a lot of rides done(we are fast walkers) and my hubby declared that he would do it every trip if offered. Every AH is different but ours had FOP, Navi, Everest , everything as walk ons all night. AK doesnt include as many rides as MK or HS but has two of our favorites, FOP and Everest and is worth the low crowds. Walking around a seemingly empty park at night is awesome.

Depends on the family but for the two of us, we love doing multiple AH‘s. We actually did all 3 this last May ( I know, sounds crazy) but at the end of our vacation we both agreed that AH is great, we got a lot of rides done(we are fast walkers) and my hubby declared that he would do it every trip if offered. Every AH is different but ours had FOP, Navi, Everest , everything as walk ons all night. AK doesnt include as many rides as MK or HS but has two of our favorites, FOP and Everest and is worth the low crowds. Walking around a seemingly empty park at night is awesome.
The last time we were in AK my dd wasn’t old enough to ride Everest and Pandora wasn’t there yet. Those would be the main reason we’d like to do them. We said we would do every AH that’s available during this trip. I just wanted to see if it’s worth adding the second since we haven’t been to AK for so many years.
Thank you for your information :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter