Disney After Hours experiences?

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Hoping some here can share their experiences with DAH with regard to crowds and wait times? I guess what I am asking is if the extra ticket price for these is worth the experience? Thinking of doing one in late January @ MK if that makes a difference to anyone answering? Thanks!

Hi all. Hoping some here can share their experiences with DAH with regard to crowds and wait times? I guess what I am asking is if the extra ticket price for these is worth the experience? Thinking of doing one in late January @ MK if that makes a difference to anyone answering? Thanks!

You can read a lot of DISer review posts on this thread, scroll down a few for review links: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-after-hours-magic-kingdom-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/

Also a separate recent thread from the past few days with various posts about MK DAH: https://www.disboards.com/threads/after-hours-strategies-are-any-even-needed.3778999/

Hope that helps.

We did one in March 2018. It was a very cold night (meaning Splash was basically not an option) and POTC was under refurb.

Everything aside from 7DMT was basically a walk on. It was I think about 15-20 mins but we did it early in the night. We didn’t experience the empty park feel but think the above circumstances had an effect on that. Reasonable lines for snacks.

Really loved how spontaneous it allowed us to be and how it allowed my at the time 6 year old to dictate our schedule unlike a regular planned MK day. Ignoring the price, I think the event is fantastic. Really awesome on trips without a ton of MK time.

Absolutely worth it for Magic Kingdom. I can ride more in 3 hours than I can in a regular 8 hour park day. Also, you can ride the big attractions as many times as you want with little to no wait.

We just did the Disney After Hours event at MK last night 11/18/19.

It was honestly one of the best Disney investments you can make. I understand for a family of 4+ it can be a big pill to swallow, but you can get so much done it's ridiculous.

The only time I experienced crowds so low was the day before Hurricane Irma was inching towards Central Florida.

7DMT technically listed a "wait" of 20 minutes all night, but it was pretty much less than 5 minutes. They were making people walk the bulk of the queue not to overload the loading station.

Depending on what time frame DAH runs, you can get in as early as 7PM, and you can make FP+ for those hours prior to the Event.

Over the course of the event we did the following;

7DMT 5x
Pirates 4x
Haunted Mansion 3x
Jingle Cruise 3x
Peter Pan 2x
Buzz 2x
Teacups 2x
People Mover 2x
Tomorrowland Speedway
Aladdin's Magic Carpets
It's A Small World

Throw into this several bottle of soda and water. About 6 ice cream bars and a box of popcorn between me and my fiance.

For $200 it was the easiest and most relaxing touring of a Disney park I ever experienced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter