Disney After Hours for 2018?

I just saw this on YouTube! we are going in January...i am hoping to see this available for our dates. I called the other day and the cast member told me to keep my eye out. i was also able to find the dates that this was offered last year and it falls when we are going...keeping my fingers crossed!! does anyone know how much this was in years past?

thanks!!
I also paid AP discounted price in March 2017. But, I think when it first came out in 2016, it was like $150 per person & last yr it had gone down to like $120. I think!

We did this in January and paid $119 plus tax, which came to $126.74. It was worth every penny and we're hoping it's offered again for our tip next January.

I did it solo on March 2, 2017. Three trips later and it's still my favorite Disney memory. Best upcharge ever.

We're not going in early 2018, but I hope this becomes a yearly thing. Was such an amazing time.

Aw man this would be great if they did this in 2018. I'm going January 1-6 and I'd love to take my wife to this!

I think if it does come back for early 2018 dates won't be released for another couple months. We went in May 2016 and then when it unexpectedly came back for early 2018 we planned a short bonus trip and went February 2, 2017 (Thursday night). I know the 2017 dates were late November/December before release. (My Christmas present was booking the airfare to MCO on Christmas Eve).

There's a DAH date during our trip. It would be over $500 for our family of four to attend. Just curious, those of you who've been before, why is this worth it? Are you walking on to every single ride? Is it still worth it for a family who isn't interested in character meets?

This seems like a HUGEEEEE waste of $$. Plus closing park early to thers. Boooooooooo. No me likey!

There's a DAH date during our trip. It would be over $500 for our family of four to attend. Just curious, those of you who've been before, why is this worth it? Are you walking on to every single ride? Is it still worth it for a family who isn't interested in character meets?
There are no extra character meets. Basically, the full park was open (minus a few less-popular attractions) and everything we went on was a straight walk on. Mine Train, Jungle Cruise, M&G at Princess Fairytale Hall, Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin, etc. We went on Splash three times in a row and never even had to get off our log! The "free" ice cream and soda were nice and the Cast Members seemed to really enjoy the different vibe of the park. Also, can't underestimate standing in front of the castle and seeing DOZENS of people...not thousands, but dozens. lol

We did one on March 2, 2017. Total cost for our family of 4 was just over $500 after tax. I speak for the rest of my family when I say it was the greatest 3 hours we have ever spent at Disney. The night we went, the park closed at 9 pm, so the AH were from 9 until Midnight. However, we went into the park at 7ish, so we got a couple of extra hours and were able to watch Wishes.

There were several reasons it was worth it to me.
1) We did walk on almost every single ride that was open. I think the first time we rode Space Mountain, we had to wait for one or two groups, other than that....zero wait time. I can't remember how many different rides we rode and how many times we rode each, but it was a lot for 3 hours.
2) Photo Opportunities. Our favorite pictures from our trip were from this night. Empty Main Street, pictures in front of the Castle with just our family, etc.
3) I remember being in front of TPOC and looking both ways and not seeing a single person. I made a comment to my family and the CM out front looked at us and said "Pretty coo, huh?" Yes, yes it was. Just a different feel and ambiance in the park that night that is really hard to explain, but it was flippin' awesome! We were the only riders in our boat on Pirates and the boats in front of us and behind us were all empty. It's the closest I'll ever come to having the park to myself.

Would do it again in a heartbeat.

It's just over $600 for our family. That's a tough price point for 3 hours, especially at a time when the parks aren't going to be very crowded. We also have 2 days planned at MK already so likely will have ridden everything we want to ride multiple times. It would be cool, but probably not $600 worth of cool LOL.

FYI, I just booked for March, and the cost was $94 with an AP discount. They asked if I was AP or DVC, so I'm assuming DVC has a discount, too.

We did one on March 2, 2017. Total cost for our family of 4 was just over $500 after tax. I speak for the rest of my family when I say it was the greatest 3 hours we have ever spent at Disney. The night we went, the park closed at 9 pm, so the AH were from 9 until Midnight. However, we went into the park at 7ish, so we got a couple of extra hours and were able to watch Wishes.

There were several reasons it was worth it to me.
1) We did walk on almost every single ride that was open. I think the first time we rode Space Mountain, we had to wait for one or two groups, other than that....zero wait time. I can't remember how many different rides we rode and how many times we rode each, but it was a lot for 3 hours.
2) Photo Opportunities. Our favorite pictures from our trip were from this night. Empty Main Street, pictures in front of the Castle with just our family, etc.
3) I remember being in front of TPOC and looking both ways and not seeing a single person. I made a comment to my family and the CM out front looked at us and said "Pretty coo, huh?" Yes, yes it was. Just a different feel and ambiance in the park that night that is really hard to explain, but it was flippin' awesome! We were the only riders in our boat on Pirates and the boats in front of us and behind us were all empty. It's the closest I'll ever come to having the park to myself.

Would do it again in a heartbeat.

That sounds amazing!

I think for me as a solo traveler it holds a lot of appeal and would only cost $119. I look at it this way though... park admission for 1/19, the day I intend to go is $99. I don't intend to go to the park earlier in the day. I am going to have a leisurely breakfast, then go spend the day at Disney Springs. I'll have a late lunch/early dinner. And go back to my room for a little bit to relax. I'll enter the park as early as is allowed (hopefully 7) and get to stay until 11. For those extra $20, I'll have an almost empty park and be able to walk on all rides. I can enjoy some popcorn, ice cream, or beverages if the mood strikes, and soak in the magic. That to me is worth it.

I think I'm going to do this. I'm going with my bf to Universal on 3/8 of our trip and had planned to be back for an Ohana ADR at 8:15. I'll try to change it for earlier or later so I can be there for the whole event.

if the crowd levels are really that low, I might forego EMH the night before to do this. Sounds amazing.

That sounds amazing!

I think for me as a solo traveler it holds a lot of appeal and would only cost $119. I look at it this way though... park admission for 1/19, the day I intend to go is $99. I don't intend to go to the park earlier in the day. I am going to have a leisurely breakfast, then go spend the day at Disney Springs. I'll have a late lunch/early dinner. And go back to my room for a little bit to relax. I'll enter the park as early as is allowed (hopefully 7) and get to stay until 11. For those extra $20, I'll have an almost empty park and be able to walk on all rides. I can enjoy some popcorn, ice cream, or beverages if the mood strikes, and soak in the magic. That to me is worth it.
How would you know how early the DAH ticket would gain you entry?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter