**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

You can either use those hard tickets to scan when entering for DAH, OR you can link them to your MDE account and just use your MagicBands to enter. My preference is to link them to your account since I'm bad with keeping up with cards in the chaos of a trip.

Yes, DAH tickets will let you book FPs (they need to be linked to your MDE account), just like MVMCP and MNSSHP tickets will allow FP booking too. But, it 'can' for some people create issues later on - some people get flagged for too many FPs/insufficient ticket media and your last day of FPs are subject to being cancelled. The exact reason why some people do/do not get this when booking FPs with party/DAH tickets is unknown.

If you have a multi-day trip with other days of FPs, personally I'd recommend to not worry about booking any with the DAH ticket - you'll have the whole park to yourself later in the night anyway with minimal waits.

It's a complicated topic, happy to further explain any of that if needed.

Thank you for this information. We will be back for a regular day visit at MK and I will not fool around with FPs prior to the event and mess anything up.

I appreciate your giving me this information, especially about the FPs.

So I don't think it was on this thread, but maybe the previous one on DAH at MK, that I had posted about trying to switch my comped MK EMM event that was the morning after DAH to the other EMM at HS I had already had booked. Whew...yeah it was complicated, but yes, I got it done! After several weeks playing phone tag with a few cm's and finally getting in touch with the right person in the right department, we got everything moved around just like we wanted with no issue at all. She had to cancel both EMM's, refund us, then book the HS EMM again, at no cost since it is replacing our comped one. Also because it took me so long to find the right person to help me and then how many phone calls and emails it took because I am impossible to get a hold of on the phone, she even sprinkled our trip with 2 days of multiple experienc fp's with no restrictions! So all that to attend the DAH! I think it was a good call, can't wait!

Great to hear. I was wondering how that all worked out for you.

You can still pay over the phone with your gift card. I wouldn't wait until they show up online. You definitely don't want to miss out!
I agree! I've never purchased a "non-refundable" WDW ticket 4/5 months in advance, but I was afraid spring break DAH at MK would sell out. It was super easy and the CM I had was very knowledgable (and even suggested a tour that I think I may book!). I linked my confirmation number yesterday and the tickets are finally showing in MDE today. No regrets!

How do they manage "clearing the park"? With the EMH beginning at 8 PM, the same time as HEA, especially? (I'm still looking at the Jan. 7th date).

How do they manage "clearing the park"? With the EMH beginning at 8 PM, the same time as HEA, especially? (I'm still looking at the Jan. 7th date).

They don’t really “clear the park” for DAH. Day guests can’t get on rides and Disney relies on natural attrition more than anything. When HEA is at park closing/the start of DAH, it’s actualy a pretty effective built in filter to draw “most” people to the front of the park, who mainly tend to start making their way out afterwards.

This is why some recommend maybe watching fireworks from deeper in the park, or maybe not at all. Hit lower priory/lower wait rides first, let any lingering day guest population clear out, then hit the more popular rides.

Hope that makes sense.

They don’t really “clear the park” for DAH. Day guests can’t get on rides and Disney relies on natural attrition more than anything. When HEA is at park closing/the start of DAH, it’s actualy a pretty effective built in filter to draw “most” people to the front of the park, who mainly tend to start making their way out afterwards.

This is why some recommend maybe watching fireworks from deeper in the park, or maybe not at all. Hit lower priory/lower wait rides first, let any lingering day guest population clear out, then hit the more popular rides.

Hope that makes sense.

That makes perfect sense! Thanks!

You can either use those hard tickets to scan when entering for DAH, OR you can link them to your MDE account and just use your MagicBands to enter. My preference is to link them to your account since I'm bad with keeping up with cards in the chaos of a trip.

Yes, DAH tickets will let you book FPs (they need to be linked to your MDE account), just like MVMCP and MNSSHP tickets will allow FP booking too. But, it 'can' for some people create issues later on - some people get flagged for too many FPs/insufficient ticket media and your last day of FPs are subject to being cancelled. The exact reason why some people do/do not get this when booking FPs with party/DAH tickets is unknown.

If you have a multi-day trip with other days of FPs, personally I'd recommend to not worry about booking any with the DAH ticket - you'll have the whole park to yourself later in the night anyway with minimal waits.

It's a complicated topic, happy to further explain any of that if needed.

Excellent & informative. Thanks.

One specific question regarding MBs/MDE - if I'm entering the park at 7pm (regular hours of operation), how can I make sure that the DAH ticket gets used and not one of my full park tickets accidentally? (I've had a bad experience in the past with wrong tickets being used.)

Excellent & informative. Thanks.

One specific question regarding MBs/MDE - if I'm entering the park at 7pm (regular hours of operation), how can I make sure that the DAH ticket gets used and not one of my full park tickets accidentally? (I've had a bad experience in the past with wrong tickets being used.)
Make sure you go through the event entrance! They are on the right side towards the middle.

Yup, so just wanted to let everyone know that I too had my last day of fp's go missing as I had booked fp's on a DAH ticket. This included FOP at 9:05 in the morning, so as you can imagine, I was not happy! Luckily, we were already dealing with a fantastic CM about another issue so when I let her know this happened, she immediately went in and gave us 3 multiple experiences fp's with no restrictions that day to make up for it. So, crisis averted! So I guess this issue is also happening, just like it does with the Christmas party. Frustrating!

Yup, so just wanted to let everyone know that I too had my last day of fp's go missing as I had booked fp's on a DAH ticket. This included FOP at 9:05 in the morning, so as you can imagine, I was not happy! Luckily, we were already dealing with a fantastic CM about another issue so when I let her know this happened, she immediately went in and gave us 3 multiple experiences fp's with no restrictions that day to make up for it. So, crisis averted! So I guess this issue is also happening, just like it does with the Christmas party. Frustrating!

I had my FOP Fast Pass disappear and it was replaced by Navi River. I was up at 2 AM to get our FPs (we were in Honolulu for DH's Work).

I was on the phone for over an hour with first IT then Customer Service (GREAT guy named Chris). However, they insisted that *i* had gone in and changed the FP and were "unable" to restore it because, again, their system shows that I was the one that changed it (The system shows I changed when I logged in to see what time our last fast pass was at AK to help decide if we were going to DAH. )

He did offer additional FPs, but I told him I wasn't trying to cheat the system or get anything extra. I just wanted things fixed. He put notes in the systems, thanked me for being nice about it (even though he knew I was upset), and said to talk to the concierge when we arrive at GF to see if they can help. He also told me to continue to check as we get closer to the date....

I’m not gonna lie, seeing people mention that they are doing all three is getting to me. Dh said he is disneyed our after this last trip but 3 dah in one trip? When I mentioned it he seemed curious and slightly intrigued. We would still wait until after reports from both hs and ak but there’s hope lol

I’m not gonna lie, seeing people mention that they are doing all three is getting to me. Dh said he is disneyed our after this last trip but 3 dah in one trip? When I mentioned it he seemed curious and slightly intrigued. We would still wait until after reports from both hs and ak but there’s hope lol

I am interested in all 3 too but we have a Thurs-Mon trip and there is no AK DAH those days. It's probably best anyway because that would be crazy expensive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter