**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I wanna say we’ll most likely go to this but I’ll still wait until reviews come out. We’ll be in Japan during the first one so I’ll try to follow along

We are going on June 13th, so I will have one night of reviews before we go.

I went in Jan 2018 and had the time of my life. All the rides were walk on except 7D, but the wait was very short. DAH was newer back then, so I was not worried about capacity issues. I had so much fun, it was very special to have MK so quiet and uncrowded.

Now I am worried about Disney upping capacity for the Villain DAH June events. I love MNSSHP, but the crowds get worse every year, capacity seems to increase every year.

Hopefully, my fears will be allayed with the reviews of the June 6th event. Crossing my fingers!!

I went in Jan 2018 and had the time of my life. All the rides were walk on except 7D, but the wait was very short. DAH was newer back then, so I was not worried about capacity issues. I had so much fun, it was very special to have MK so quiet and uncrowded.

Now I am worried about Disney upping capacity for the Villain DAH June events. I love MNSSHP, but the crowds get worse every year, capacity seems to increase every year.

Hopefully, my fears will be allayed with the reviews of the June 6th event. Crossing my fingers!!

Another thing to keep in mind though, is that they often make adjustments if things don't go so well the first night.

This is pretty much how I feel! We did one of the first round back in spring 2016, and it was amazing. I was so happy they are having them in June so I can go, but am hoping the new villains theme doesn’t mean bigger crowds and lines. I’m ok with a little increase, I guess I can’t ask for too much, but I’m seriously comparing it to a night where we were on the next ride/train every time with everything an actual walk on! I’ll be bummed if it turns out closer to something like EMH, which last time we did the late night MK ones were just ok, really fairly crowded. We’re looking at June 20 (I think that’s the date, I didn’t check).

I was planning to upgrade to an annual pass next month, but I’d like to go ahead and upgrade so I can purchase Villains After Hours tickets. Will I lose my Fastpasses if I upgrade and 10 day park ticket?

I was planning to upgrade to an annual pass next month, but I’d like to go ahead and upgrade so I can purchase Villains After Hours tickets. Will I lose my Fastpasses if I upgrade and 10 day park ticket?

You can’t upgrade your 10 day tickets to an AP until you are at WDW, FYI.

Can’t quite tell if that’s what you meant?

If you purchase full price DAH tickets now then later upgrade to an AP, DISers have generally reported being able to get credit back for the discount in the form of a Disney gift card.

Hope that helps!

For anyone who has already done DAH, how is the transportation back to the resorts? TIA!

DW and I did DAH at MK in January of 2018 and 2019. Both times we were staying at the Boardwalk. The bus shared with guests from Swan and Dolphin and Yacht and Beach Club. The first time we waited a long time for even one bus to come. The second time, the wait wasn't as long. both times the bus was standing room only. The ride back is the worst part of DAH for us. However, I think it depends on what resorts you are staying at as others have reported no issues.

Can't wait to get my ticket for 6/13 on Monday!

Anyone have any idea what time they will go live at? Or what time they have historically been able for purchase?

For anyone who has already done DAH, how is the transportation back to the resorts? TIA!

When I did DAH back in Jan 2018. I stayed at the GF. The monorails and ferries were down to the resorts.

There was a bus for all the Monorail resorts plus Fort Wilderness and Wilderness lodge. The bus took a very long time, there was so many people!! I think the air was off in the bus. People were going nuts and rude to the driver. It was not his fault, i felt bad for him.

It did take about 40-45min to get back to the GF, which is nuts!

We are staying at the BW this time. I plan on walking to the Contemporary and then taking an Uber to the BW. I did that after MNSSHP last Sept and it worked perfectly!

Can't wait to get my ticket for 6/13 on Monday!

Anyone have any idea what time they will go live at? Or what time they have historically been able for purchase?

I am going the same day. I book my fastpasses at 7AM Disney time, so I am going to try at 7AM on the 29th and see how it goes!

Sorry if I have missed this through the thread:

Has anyone confirmed the time these tickets will go on sale Monday morning?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if I have missed this through the thread:

Has anyone confirmed the time these tickets will go on sale Monday morning?

Thanks in advance!
No one knows what time they’ll be released but you honestly don’t need to worry about getting them right away. I would just check at 7 am and if they aren’t up check periodically during the day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter